Concerned residents of Providence Road Marietta GA

Quoted post

#53 Previously Mentioned Concerns

2011-03-25 20:45

Regarding traffic, ambulances and the incorrect statement that the facility will be a hospital, interested community members should take a moment to visit the East Cobb Health Park Web site at www.wellstar.org/eastcobbhealthpark. There you will find a Question and Answer document and if you refer to questions 6, 7, and 29 it addresses concerns about traffic and emergency vehicles. It is also important to note that this is NOT a hospital, but rather an outpatient facility.

Replies

#54 Re: Previously Mentioned Concerns

2011-03-27 01:43:46

#53: Guest - Previously Mentioned Concerns 

If this not a hospital, then why is Wellstar using the Hospital Authority to by-pass zoning laws.  Time to listen to the residents  we do not want the extra traffic, on an already congested road and we want our kids safe while walking  to school.  I know mine walk at this time, but with the added traffic, and the craziness extra cars add, I'm not so sure they would be as safe. The bottom line is a facility of this size does not belong here, the intersection of Providence Rd and Roswell Rd is already a huge vehicular accident area, this facility will only make it a more dangerous intersection.  We are zoned residential for a reason, we bought our houses here, because it lacked the congestion of what you are about to bring to this area.  Go away! 

#56 Re: Previously Mentioned Concerns

2011-03-29 14:32:17

#53: Guest - Previously Mentioned Concerns

The current proposed facility may not be a "hospital," but without zoning restrictions, there is no way to stop future land acquisition and additional building on this site, to turn the proposed facility into a "hospital."