CHILD ABUSE ON WILLING WILLIE SHOW OF TV5 (by Froilan Grate)

Quoted post

fragmented

#59 pathetic

2011-03-29 04:06

the kid wasn't abused in any way, when compared to what real child abuse is, your concern pales in comparison. It insults the cause, it really does. You are in poverty stricken Manila, whose culture although more westernized than its neighbors, is still far from being your ideal America where in shouting at a child can put you under the radar of child services. That culture doesn't apply here. The child was nervous, sometimes kids cry when they're nervous. He will be applauded when he goes home, and all the memories of "humiliation" according to your definition will disappear and he will laugh at it when he's old enough to understand. Go after child abusers who really do harm, who rape their kids, who are violent in words and actions. Who threaten the feeling of safety of a child. Dancing does not even come close, no matter what kind it is. Be active on real cases, and not those that merely dent your pathetic wall of pretentious morals. Give the man a break, he helps and gives hope to people more than all of you ever can.

Replies

Allergic to Idiots

#112 Re: pathetic

2011-03-29 19:39:43

#59: fragmented - pathetic 

My outrage at witnessing a child perform a dance that is understood by every human being to be sexual in nature (hence it is danced in strip clubs and not at public social events - by ADULTS) is an insult to the cause of real child abuse? You clearly have a fragmented thought process. Have you heard of other types of abuse aside from the physical kind? Look into it. How do you qualify "real"? Because if you simply refer to tangible things, then your reality will never accommodate justice, dignity, respect, and other ideals that have no constant physical form. Where does abuse begin? How does it begin? Until you know enough about the bigger picture, don't spread your fragmented opinions. And just so you know, people I know in the Philippines and abroad are actually helping other people by providing shelter, food, education, and support - in big and small scales. I personally volunteer to educate homeless children and find funding for them. I do it for free, and so do many other people who truly want to help. As for this boy being applauded when goes home, boy soldiers in Africa are applauded after committing atrocities. They are applauded by adults. Is this our new standard for gauging what is harmful to ourselves and others? Applause?

Allergic to Idiots

#113 Re: pathetic

2011-03-29 19:52:37

#59: fragmented - pathetic 

I hope the boy grows up and laughs about this incident, but with this as cause for his laughter: "there I was, a poor 6-year-old kid, dancing like a stripper, amusing millions of people who don't know any better than to laugh at something that isn't funny if given thought, and I moved people to dissect the existing culture and value system! My humiliation initiated thought! And change! All that from me crying while dancing!" But my true hope is that he grows up to laugh about it, without thinking it was funny. Can you grasp that? Because that's intangible. And what I said was in subtext.