Say no to stalybridge mosque

Quoted post

#249 Re: Re:

2013-10-24 19:17

#208: - Re:

208 do not call me uneducated when you can't spell INTEGRATION correctly.  But, you are right, I have not been that interested in politics in the past but am becoming more politically motivated as I see this country deteriorating so quickly and am looking forward to becoming at least politically  educated.  I have enjoyed reading the comments of the widespread  community and think it is great the way it has residents of Tameside talking.  I do find it strange how this "Community Centre" may get the go ahead but on Page 16 of this weeks Advertiser the council cannot afford to keep Gorse Hall Community Centre open, so perhaps the money being afforded for the Mosque could be given to an existing Community Centre used by the elderly local residents - that would really help racial integration.

Replies

#250 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 19:32:05

#249: - Re: Re:

I think youwill find that the money will come from muslim buisinesses outside of the town, such as Longsight, Oldham, Ashton. If you notice on the website, "Understanding islam UK" there is already a doner of £50.000.

Not long before they get the rest.

#253 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 19:51:07

A spelling mistake does not negate the point. You come in and make broad statements and presenting your opinion as fact. Atleast I have the presence of mind to read the proposal and consider both arguments equally.

This person has applied legally, been open with their intention and is funding this them self. Arguments against this focus on the fact that I'll advised people assume this means a mosque because it is in partnership with the Islamic society. It is not. Traffic issues because of lots of people attending this mosque but given the car park is for 20cars I believe, this does not warrant traffic concerns raised.

Arguments surrounding it not being fair Muslims get what they want are naive. If you want to achieve something with this building space then buy it. Contribute to the community you love. But do not criticise others for doing the same

If you are concerned regarding trouble in the area look at the current crime rates of Stalybridge. Drunks in the area are a widely acknowledged social issue, yet not one person protested the pub that stood there for years contributing to this.

Everyone's opinions are valid but please be aware the opinions you distribute can be damaging the community also

#254 Re: Re: Re:

2013-10-24 20:17:00

Well said. I think that would be a better way to spend the money as well.