Say no to stalybridge mosque

Quoted post

2013-11-12 07:18

Animals stunned before halal use the same voltage as any other method. If you think this inadequate maybe become a vegan. If you're worried about influential bodies delivering food which isn't clear about sources or shouldn't be for mass consumption could you also direct this hatred towards McDonald's, Coca cola and KFC etc. Seeing as teach in supplying your little town with this meat perhaps you should address this and boycott? Except you won't because you don't actually care that much outside of this context.

The above still has nothing to do with Stalybridge and a community centre however.

Replies

#530 Re:

2013-11-12 20:22:49

#526: -  I specifically said I had no problem with stunned Halal. There is no requirement under British law for pre-stunning for Islamic/Kosher slaughtermen, there is for British slaughtermen. I wouldn't eat food from any Halal outlet I was aware of. There is nothing wrong with consuming the animals, it is an essential part of a balanced diet. What is also essential is that animals for slaugher are treated in the most humane manner possible, i.e. thy don't have their throats slit whilst fully conscious but are renderd unconscious first to minimise suffering. Defence or justification of unnecessarily barbaric methods is as specious as it is spineless. Mosques help spread and disseminate Islam and consequently ALL its practices, Halal is an example of those and any humane, balanced person would want to stop the spread of cruelty and uncivilised practices.