SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Quoted post

2014-01-24 15:45

I used to live near Sheeplands and shopped there happily many times, but I don’t agree with everyone else here and think it ok for them to ride roughshod over the planning process (and btw I have no affiliation with the council). The greenbelt is rightly protected, HHS are clearly in the wrong here and you can't have one rule for one and one for another. If we let this happen what is to stop Tesco or the like doing the same on more greenbelt land further down the road. Why haven't HHS sought an alternative site on which they would be allowed to trade and would mean that the people, that they have wrongly employed to jobs they are not permitted to do, don't lose their jobs? Is it because green belt land is a lot cheaper maybe?

Replies

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-01-25 01:10:44

#132 Re: Are you blind 125?

2014-01-25 01:29:35

#125: -

Tesco is allready down the road!!!Such big corporations seem to do whatever they like.

That is why I would rather support a indepandant business with great intregrity that as well as providing local employment and supporting other sole traders, also support many charties and the local community.

If HSS are forced to close down due to these ennforcements the site will indeed be up for grabs for those companies with more money and influence or for  the local council to build on when they change thier policies to suit themsevles.

HHS saved the farm shop and Pet Stop when mighty wyvale kicked them out from across the road. Tesco would not do the same...

Without moving forward I am sure the business could not have survived anyway and  a Tesco etc would be there allready instead of an attractive local amenity loved and visited by so many of us.

#135 Re:

2014-01-25 10:30:48

#125: -

You clearly have NOT read ALL of the documentation on this issue. If you had (I would like to think) you would be more sympathetic with all concerned. No-one denies there have been some breaches of regulations, but the wider implications of WBC closing HHS are horrendous. And, as per the previous reply to your post, HHS gave a home to two long-standing businesses from Wyevale when Wyevale evicted them. You have to ask the question - did Wyevale evict them because they knew they were going to get their Solicitors to write to WBC but couldn't while they had these two businesses there!