Traffic lights between Barton Road & the A580 Lancaster Road

Quoted post

2014-06-24 19:14

Firstly from a mum that lost her Son (Mark Abbott) on the East Lancs 3 years ago now but feels like only yesterday I send you my deepest condolences and I can honestly say I know what you are feeling and going through. I fought hard to get the speed limit down on there from 50 to 40 mph but as you know now people are just ignoring this and doing exactly what they feel like on there. I whole heartidly support your campaign, I always name and shame on facebook of companies and cars that I see on there on a daily basis, today I say a young couple, girlfriend holding the steering wheel, whilst the driver ate his breakfast from a bowl, with both hands, how stupid can people be. my famous saying in WHAT PART OF 40MPH ON THE EAST LANCS ROAD DO YOU NOT UNDERTAND. If we can save one more family from experiencing the pain and heartache that we are enduring on a daily basis then I will gladly help in whatever way I can. If you would like to talk just return an email anytime regards Ann Connell

Replies

The Alder's

#82 Re:

2014-06-24 20:16:32

#42: -

Hi Ann, Firstly, our sincere condolences to you and your family. How sad is it that things like this have to happen before awareness is raised and we all try to do something about it. Something does need to be done, to stop other tragedies happening again. Hopefully us raising awareness again, as you have done in the past and others like us, we will be able to stand up and make Salford Council and the Highways Agency take notice and finally do something about this as no doubt, if something isn't done, as in Traffic lights and too slow traffic down, then it will only be time before it happens again. If you want to get in touch with Aaron's parents then please email robgjones01@gmail.com or shell.jones@btopenworld.com

Thank you from all the family for taking time in signing this petition at this sad moment, which has obviously opened all healing wounds of your own. Please share this petition if you can, and lets get this ball rolling!!!! Thank you again, The Alder & Jones Family xxx