Stop illegal parking at schools in and around Aberystwyth

Quoted post

2015-12-04 20:19

As a parent and Disabled Driver it infuriates me when you see the stupidity of other parents parking hazardously with no comprehension of the consequences of their actions. Only yesterday I had to ask a parent who was parked in the only Disabled Bay if they had a badge? I was met with a response of laughing and shaking of head.....No was the answer. Yes it was raining, nobody likes to get wet, that's why we have raincoats and umbrellas! As for the Police not having powers to issue tickets and traffic wardens not having the manpower, the answer is not to put this back onto the Police who are already stretched to their maximum capabilities and have a lack of manpower themselves. Again the same for the Traffic Wardens, to have one situated outside all schools is financially unrealistic. Solution is parents take responsibility, stop endangering children, don't abuse parking bays, and learn how to walk short distances!

Replies

Kelly Cable
The author of this petition

#2 Re:

2015-12-04 22:09:39

#1: -  

if I could pat your back I would, as a disabled person myself I understand,your frustration with the disabled bays, I have even been reported to the police and accused of using a disabled badge illegally.

it should be down to people being responsible and thinking of others but unfortunately there are too many selfish people who think that they are above the law.

i agree that the police and traffic wardens are overstretched but until other options are found (and believe me I am doing everything I can to find some) all we can do is ask for assistance from the services to help us protect our children.

#4 Re:

2015-12-31 02:06:27

#1: -