Save Orleans Riverside from Development

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Orleans Riverside from Development.

2014-08-30 09:55

This is the wrong place for the Gloriana. I strongly object to the waste of our taxes in this high handed way.

Whoever voted True in should hang their heads in shame.

2014-08-30 11:32

I have lived near this part of Richmond for the last 47 years, and
brought up my daughter here. I regularly took her, and now take
my granddaughters, to the lovely Playground in the area where the
proposed development would take place. At present this area is a
tranquil beautiful place, for recreation and relaxation. It would be
criminal to deprive the local people, and visitors of this precious place,
by allowing a development that must surely be simply a Tourist
Attraction, to make money, thereby ruining the area. It is an area free to visit, but of course we do maintain it with our taxes and rates. It is our money that Richmond Council would be using to create this development,
and local people who use the Park, and visitors too,should have been
properly consulted before they tried to go ahead with it. The Gloriana can be moored somewhere else on the River. The Council should apply
to Private Sponsors for funds, to people who have money and a piece of
riverbank ( there are a few of those around ) and they can have the barge there if they want.

2014-08-30 15:03

It would ruin the tranquil setting and Orleans Road is totally inappropriate for access.

2014-08-30 16:07

Appalled that this beautiful and historic part of the River should be decimated by this largescale development. Should be located in Brentford which could do with the regeneration and income generated. Leave this parkland alone.

2014-08-31 18:22

As Orleans Riverside is my favourite place in Twickenham, I believe that developing the area would ruin its natural beauty and would have a negative impact on the wildlife that live in the park.

2014-08-31 20:08

Although we do not live in the area our daughter does and we visit the area regularly, we enjoy walking along to Richmond regularly and would be appalled if this outrageous plan went ahead

2014-08-31 21:09

Must we privatize everything? An area that was enjoyed by local residents and visitors will now be off limits to ordinary visitors and locals. This new plan is for corporate sponsors and the wealthy who can only access this area of land by stealth.

2014-08-31 22:07

Resident for nearly 50 years...

This is pure vandalism!  Living in the area for so long I am no longer surprised by the many foolish decisions the council makes.  One can only hope that a future generation with more common sences will come along and reverse them.

However, once this riverside is lost it will never be restored.  What a tragedy!  It must be stopped!

Also, counting the traffic going down Orleans Road during August when many people are away - does the council really think we are stupid?!  It can be a nightmare at other times.  Voters must remember all this at the next election.  Of course we were not told of these plans before the last election!

2014-09-01 09:21

I have enjoyed Orleans Park for many years, and have seen how much joy it brings to our community. Please save it!

2014-09-02 11:02

This space is perfect as it is, please don't ruin a treasured area which is a community centre!

2014-09-04 07:32

I have been taking my grandchildren to this playground for nearly 10 years. It is a much needed facility and very well used. Let's put the children first!

2014-09-06 16:28

I have been away over forty years. I have been looking forward to returning and fervently hope to find the riverside unspoilt. It was a favourite haunt of mine as a young angler.

2014-09-08 07:07

This project proposes appalling environmental destruction and displays no understanding of what constitutes quality of life for the people who you are supposed to serve. It is pure vanity. You will lose my vote for ever if it goes through.

2014-09-08 07:27

the coucil - as always with planning permissions - is rushing something through with very little information. The park is beautiful and unspoilt, why stick a great big barge house in its place? Why not build it somewhere that already has boat building happening. Very ill thought out plan.

2014-09-10 08:48

Please don't destroy our quiet, peaceful little oasis which is so fantastic for our children. The playground is wonderful and the whole area is such a breath of fresh air. This is an important spot for local families. We were all so proud that the Gloriana was built in Richmond; please don't make us resent it now by letting it take away our precious space. There must be more suitable and less destructive spots to place it.

2016-05-19 07:49

Japan cheaters