Better support for landlords

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Better support for landlords.

2014-07-16 19:33

I have had a few run in's spat at, punches thrown. However, when Police have been called they have been very good. But, as what we are all led to believe is that if you hit a Licensee it is a mandatory arrest and a certain amount of time indoors!! This seems to be a little from the actual reality that they are not punished and we are liable for the retaliation..
This clearly needs to be addressed otherwise, we will have people helping themselves to our pay packets!! errrmm nope I dont think so.. Myself and my staff work b hard week in week out to keep our industry of public houses a pleasant place to come and have a drink, chat, laugh.. share their woes.. But who is listening to our??

2014-07-16 19:45

signed, good luck x

2014-07-16 20:59

I completely agree, everybody needs to get behind this as there is not enough support for publicans.

2014-07-16 21:00

Good luck

2014-07-16 21:55

good idea

2014-07-16 22:21

Its a disgrace that this publican hasnt had the support of the police, his comments are a true reflection of the police force at the moment

2014-07-16 23:16

Totally agree. Have done this job for over 20 years following all licensing laws. Yet any time I have required the law it has either been ineffectual or on the side of the assailant. We have as much right as anyone else to do our job in a safe environment. As I have commented before we do not go to other peoples work and behave in the manner of which is increasingly happenning. Years ago an assault on a licensee was taken very seriously by the powers that be. What happened????
Irv.

#33 Attacks on licencees

2014-07-17 00:11

Was a police officer for 30 years, in the trade for past 9 years. at onr time assault a licencee you go to prison or very hefty fines.That seems to have gone by the wayside. 98% of licencees comply with the licensing legislation to the best of there ability. However it seems that the licensing authorities try to impose more and more restrictions on the trade. They seem oblivious of the fact that most of the trouble caused by excessive drinking is committed by persons who obtain alacohol elsewhere and drink at home, in parks, alleyways, shop doorways wherever they want and to great extent are ignored.

Sorry to hear about the grevious assaults inflicted upon you and your good lady. I offer any support and help you may need.

2014-07-17 07:05

I was puched repeatedly in my face in December by a guy that was known to me after he hit a girl. All he got was £200 fine & £200 compensation to me. I don't want his dirty money!I still have nightmares & it has knocked my confidence. I am 60 years old & grandad. My kids shouldn't have to see me like that. We need more from the courts & the police as these attacks are in our workplace & for some like me it is in my home!

2014-07-17 08:13

quite right with what your saying my freind

2014-07-17 09:07

2014-07-17 10:05

i totally agree with this matter and it should be taken more seriously we as licencees have to abide by so many rules to keep our trade and licence i think its disgusting whats happens to this guys family and more should be done about it

2014-07-17 13:31

Being a 20 year old general manager I have a large problem with this due to the lack of respect of my age, I have been head-butted, elbowed and punched multiple times and the only defence I have is calling the police and having them remove someone from the premises only for them to return and restart the argument! The proposal should be even stronger then this with a mandatory sentence of at least 4/5 years to truly clamp down on alcohol fuelled violence!
Bearryman

#39 Subject

2014-07-17 14:34

My boss (landlord) was trying to break up a fight which had started in our pub. A male customer was punching a female customer, my boss had managed to stop it turned his back for a second and the male customer completely laid into my boss continuously punching him in the face. It was a very violent attack, my boss looked a mess physically and mentally. This happened just after Christmas. All the male customer got because he pleaded guilty was basically a record (slap on the wrist) and told to pay £200 to my boss for compensation! My boss went through hell and back and all he got was a lousy £200 he would rather the bloke got a harsher punishment as it wasn't exactly a harsh punishment for a very unprovoked violent attack and sends out the wrong message to everybody else.

2014-07-17 22:45

Everyone who works with the public should be treated the same. violence is violence no matter who its aimed at. A police officer gets assaulted he would have 20 other officiors backing him up and the person who assaulted him would find themselves in court. if the police dont do anything take it to a small claims court for compensation

2014-07-18 11:22

We had a very similiar incident in our pub and the treatment my husband recieved was disgusting.
I wish you all the best and understand completely uour point of view.

2014-07-20 18:27

it is disgusting the amopunt of help we are told we will get to then get nothing or little to nothing when it actually comes down to it. the police are meant to be there to help but from even my own experiences more times than none they either say they can not do anything or just make a situation worse the way it is handled. we are not here to take abuse and certainly not here to be assulted or have our homes damaged just because the law decides it can not hold up there side and help when requested. why is it people that think it is ok to go and assult people now just get away with it? no wonder there is so many crimes. ridiculous!

2014-07-21 12:11

very good, not before time

2014-07-23 14:43

Aleks

2014-07-23 14:44

This person who bitten up David should be in prison!!! Also should be banned from all pubs for life.

2014-07-24 23:21

This change in the law is long overdue. For far too many years bar staff have had to implement changes to the law without any protection of themselves whatsoever.

2014-07-25 15:00

Hi all,
I have recently be assulted by an ex member of staff who butted me after sacking him, he then also keyed both sides of my car resulting in a full respray. Police were called and he still has not been arrested. The attack was one week ago now and the police have informed me that if there are no witness statements he will get off with self defence once arrested. In regards to the damage of my car if it goes to court he will only have to pay 10 pound per week because hes on benifits. Some justice system that is.
Rc

#48 Violence against Licencees

2014-07-29 18:25

I'm waiting to go to Court as I was punched whilst standing outside my pub having a break. The person had been drinking in another pub over the road, was drunk & decided to come & confront me, due to something she alleged happened whilst she stayed with me for nothing for two months when she left her husband!!!! Luckily I had witnesses.

2014-07-30 19:24

Anyone who sells alcohol must sign this.....
beerbelly

#50 Re:

2015-08-23 20:37

#4: -  

My partner who is the personel holder and was assaulted by another lady came into the pub punched her in the face and left, her husband was also with her, my partner reported the incident, a pcso came and then a officer came, we had a independent witness and a statement was taken, all the person got was a caution, how can this be. I support the change in the law and will pertition and put a notice in the bar.