To protect and serve???

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition To protect and serve???.

2014-08-26 15:57

dont have money
shaggie

#27 brother got hit by drunk driver

2014-08-26 15:59

i wished to see that this one insident will sghow others how to handle the next one if it ever happens again and to keep it from happening anymore.

#28 Re: Re: Re:

2014-08-26 16:57

2014-08-26 18:45

We matter!

2014-08-26 19:33

justice for andy

2014-08-26 19:52

The driver of the truck was not drunk get your facts straight and quit assuming.  This affects everyone that was involved not just the guy who died.

2014-08-27 14:18

He was loved. Being homeless does not make your case less of a priority.

2014-08-27 14:18

None of you people, unless you were there, know what happened. To assume that "the police did their job" is ignorant. As a traveler, myself, the police CONSTANTLY profile me and have abused their power on me multiple times in multiple locations (including shoving me on the ground for "panhandling" with FORCE; an incident that didn't even result in any charges or citations...it was simply an abuse of police power) simply because they're aware of the fact that almost all of us don't have the money or resources to afford a lawyer to actively persue legal action or defend ourselves against these acts of injustice that go on CONSTANTLY around the nation. This is just one instance you people have HEARD of...imagine the thousands of homeless kids' deaths that will never be reported that you DON'T know of and will never know of.

#34 Re:

2014-08-27 17:37

#33: -  

The difference is this young man jwalked putting his own life in danger. Knowing if you run in front of traffic there's a chance you might get hit expecally wearing all black at night!! It's not because he's homeless or a traveler. Someone lost his life and there's two families hurting from this tragic accident. It was an accident the cops did everything right. Were you there? Were you part of it?  Didn't think so. The cops handled the situation perfect. They are investigating they did everything by protacal. It's travelers and homeless people who are always looking for trouble if you would do things by the law cops wouldn't pinpoint you. It's the guilty ones who make a bad name for the rest of the homeless community.  I'm part of the homeless community and it pisses me off about stuff like this. A young man lost his life like cherish that not make a big thing about his death how sad for both family's involved!!! 

2014-08-27 18:53

By the way the cops don't carry breathalyzers anymore it's all with the blood test so this crap about the witness took one he couldn't of the cop told me personally they do not carry them.  There's nothing about the witness taking  one and his friends got excorted away from the hospital because they wouldn't stop! 

Aslan's Dad

#36 Re:

2014-08-27 21:53

#10: -  

A breathalyzer is not necessarily a standard procedure.  In death involved investigations, a blood test is considered MUCH more accurate and is a better indicator of how drunk the driver was.  Having been hit on my motorcycle by a texting driver, I understand how they can look drunk.  Its still inattentive driving and a death occurred.  The driver will likely get a vehicular or aggravated manslaughter charge.  It could take months for the charges to be leveled.

#37 Re: Re:

2014-08-27 22:51

#36: Aslan's Dad - Re:  

When  it's the vitams fault for jwalking the driver may not be charged! Since the driver was not drunk it's not his fault. These three walkers were all drunk jwalking across the road, who's really at fault?

#38 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-08-28 03:29

#28: - Re: Re: Re:  

This link won't open.  Is it attached directly to your e-mail account?

2014-08-28 18:03

RIP Andrew.

2014-08-28 19:42

This person that hit and killed Andy didn't have car insurance!!! So far to our knowledge he hasn't been changed with anything!! So I guess it must be OK to hit and kill someone and it's OK on the state of Colorado!!! They must have one sorry ass police department!!!

#41 Re: Re:

2014-08-28 19:51

#20: - Re:  

So it's OK to drive without insurance?? You are so full of it!!! 

Let it be your child and let's how you talk then!!!!

#42 Re:

2014-08-28 20:10

#40: -  

It was an accident when you jwalk and are drunk then it's your fault if you get hit by a car.  The driver tried to miss them get over yourselves a youg man lost his life focus on that and let him rest if you were true friends Andrew wouldn't want this to continue  he would want his life and sprit to rest he's now free like the free sprit he was!! 

#43 Re: Re: Re:

2014-08-28 20:16

#41: - Re: Re:  

If my child was jwalking then it's his fault if he gets hit by a car. They could of waited for the truck to pass they tried to out run it and being drunk isn't a good factor to mix in with that. My child would know common sence. And if this were my child I wouldn't want my family or the drivers family to go through more then we already had to in this tragic incident. This petition is ridiculous only because one hot head who wasn't even involved think the cops are out to get then let it go!  Let it rest for both family's please.

2014-08-28 23:26

just making sure the city/police fallowed all mandatory guidlines.NOT A WITCH HUNT.JUST LOOKING FOR FACTS. if it hurts to read this petition just stop reading and move on.your just feeding the fire......WITH THE WORDS YOU WRITE..... words like.... common sence,Jwalking,homeless, always looking for trouble... move on man just move on........................ THIS IS ABOUT FREE SPRITS

Colorado Lawyer

2014-08-29 00:00

I wanna know with the person who thinks the cops did wrong what is your profession? As for Jeremy Sullivan what is you profession? I'm a lawyer here in Grand Junction you don't have a case the driver accidently hit someone who was breaking the law by jaywalking as were the other two people who were walking with him also public intoxication was a factor. Another thing Jeremy if you knew anything about the law what statutes were broken by the driver? Your answer is except for the no insurances none he was not drunk like the walkers, he was going the speed limit, he swerve to miss the first two and the dog where he accidently hit Andrew.  So Jeremy please head west like your next journey  is going. Don't let this stop you you've done all you can. As for me I will not comment again I've said what I've needed say. Thank you!

2014-08-29 00:15

its not jememy. writing this.so stop with SHIT LIKE YOUR NEXT JOURNEY.... lawyers suck the words out.... it all talk... JEREMY COME NORTH.... THE LOVE IS HERE..... thanks for going away mr. lawyer

2014-08-29 00:19

THERES ONE FOR BOOKS....A LAWYER LOOKING FOR WORK?????

2014-08-29 00:23

YOUR READING THIS.....

2014-08-29 00:33

whos talking now??? love love love love 

2014-08-29 00:36

now we know why he was here...... MONEY......... the lawyer