SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HEIDI'S LIFE.

Avid Fence Enthusiast

2015-04-22 02:01

If only there were some sort of metal or wood contraption that a dog owner could put around his or her property to keep his or her pets in and unwanted people out.

Maybe it's time to end the asinine "no fence" ordinance. 

2015-04-22 02:19

Compassion !!!!!

2015-04-22 17:22

This is insane!! Leave the poor dog alone! There are more any enough people willing to save this dog!

2015-04-22 17:26

I think the village should spend more money on other things than trying to kill a dog!!
HW Residents Beware of your mayor

#105 HW Mayor is wrong

2015-04-23 01:57

I find the fact that the Mayor and Trustees refuse to give the Bacardi family a reason for the Village's continued denial of the Bacardi family's offer to rehome the dog outside the state unfathomable.  The offer is reasonable and would end the Village's continued waste of tax dollars immediately.  The Mayor says:  "read the court record" and accuses supporters of Heidi as being wrong, incorrect, deluded or lying.  In fact the March 25, 2014 court order states:  "The court finds that the Village failed to follow its own mandatory procedure for review of a finding that the Plaintiff's dog was vicious in nature."  The court REVERSED the Village's decision of 11-14-12 that the Plaintiff's dog was vicious.

Heidi was never found to be vicious by the countrywide ASPCA standard testing procedure!  In fact, Heidi passed the test.

It doesn't get any clearer than that people.  I call on the court of public opinion to stand up and be heard on this issue.  The supporters of this petition and residents of Hawthorn Woods stand up and make yourselves heard.  Demand that the Village allow Heidi to live and be rehomed!

2015-04-23 03:34

One day humanity will die out and the world will go on, a much better place.

2015-04-24 15:46

If there is an animal behaviorist that states this dogs behavior is good why would you put this dog to sleep. Shame on you Hawthorn woods major!

2015-04-24 15:51

Do what's right Major.

2015-04-24 23:45

because I think people that think they are above others and have no feelings for either a family/animal, should not be involved in the situation

2015-04-28 19:03

It's all political, and Heidi does not have a say in this matter. Save this dog and tax dollars, the village must have better areas to spend money. You know this lawyer has SOMETHING to do with the politics of the village!

2015-04-30 21:12

Maybe we could instead euthanize the mayor?
BS Detector

2015-04-30 21:17

Go read the real story in the Lake Zurich Courier, you will have the truth.

BS Detector

2015-04-30 21:20

the real story is here: www.chicagotribune.com/lake-zurich/news/ct-lzc-dog-tl-0423-20150507-story.html#page=1

BS Detector

2015-04-30 23:01

Oh yea, and one more thing - I demand the dog onwer pay back the taxpayer money used to fight the law suit THEY filed, not the town. That is my money. They had many chances to do what is right, in fact to do what they are now asking to do. This dog owner has been manipulating the truth, and thought they can manipulate the media. I say we start a petition to have the money paid back to the town. Or maybe a petition to have the town now sue the dog owner for the $29k they forced the town to spend. And stop putting letters full of lies on my mailbox.

2015-05-01 00:57

an invisible fence and training a dog cost way less. This is a huge amount of money, and these dollars can be spent on other things.
Truth Seeker

2015-05-01 01:34

I hope all of the idiots who felll for the Bacardi's BS story read the Tribune article to get the real truth. This family is a bunch of liars that took your tax dollars to defend a dog with a criminal record from Florida to Illinois. "Unfortunate Circumstances" is how the dog owner describes the attacks Heidi inflicted. Those who cried for venenge on the Village should be stuck in a room with Heidi alone, let's see what happens.

#117 Re: HW Mayor is wrong

2015-05-01 01:39

#105: HW Residents Beware of your mayor - HW Mayor is wrong 

Check your facts before posting. The Village did file the proper proceudres and you have your facts wrong and I can only assume you are a lover of vicious dogs and hate government even when they are trying to protect residents. Read the Tribune article for step by step facts if you can even decipher. Based on your post I can only assume your 3rd grade education would make it difficult. 

Neighborhood observer

#118 Regarding comments #116 and #117 - Residents Beware of your mayor

2015-05-01 03:18

Poster of Comment #117, you must be part of the HW government to make such a statement as to accuse someone of hating government.  

It is easy for you to hide behind the comment section and attack others' intelligence, call people idiots and hurl insults.  Why don't you use your real name?  I doubt you have the spine.

#119 Read JudgeRe: Re: HW Mayor is wrong

2015-05-01 05:05

#117: - Re: HW Mayor is wrong 

Read Lake County District 19 Judge Jorge Ortiz's Memorandum and Order of March 25, 2014: The Village decision that Heidi was vicious was overturned, precisely because Hawthorn Woods DID NOT follow its own ordinances, that is, have the matter decided by the Chief Operating Officer. THERE IS NO VALID ORDER THAT HEIDI IS VICIOUS. 

Say what you want about the owners-- but Heidi deserves to LIVE and needs your support!

2015-05-02 01:05

If they are willing to get her out of the village, someone from non-profit org could work with her. We must try all options before going the ultimate decision.

2015-05-02 02:46

I googled the names of the two petitioners and quickly found at least two other public unrelated legal instances where they have been on the irrespionsible end of the law.  I'm sure they have "isloated instance" and "could have happened to anybody" excuses there as well.  These people put this mess into action, not the village. 

#122 Re:

2015-05-02 03:30

#113: BS Detector -  

Wow.  I trust the Chicago Tribune in general.  I expected a bashing of the village from the article title, but got just the opposite feeling after reading it.  Pretty good reporting.   I feel bad for the poor dog but expect it will be in a good place, it will not be killed.  Pretty much mad we have these people wasting my tax money because they can't responsibly handle a dog.  And other cities too?  Hopefully they just move on and take their next crap in somebody else's back yard.

2015-05-02 04:59

There is NO reason to euthanize any dog for minor bites. All the owners need to do is put a muzzle/leader around the dog's mouth when out for walks, problem solved.
BS Detector

2015-05-02 13:35

These people had more than one chance to take the dog out of town. The agreed to do it and lied and brought it back, where the dog bit again. It seems to me that they don't think rules apply to them, ever. Even when give multiple chances they still do whatever they want, and blame others for their problems. I hope the town sues them now for the money.

#125 BS Detector,Re:

2015-05-02 18:57

#124: BS Detector -  

BS Detector, you need to stop acting like you know the facts, because it's clear to anyone who has read the legal case that you do not.