Against the proposed static caravan site at Bradwell-on-Sea

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Against the proposed static caravan site at Bradwell-on-Sea.

Guest A

#26 Re: Negative Impact on Local Economy

2014-11-17 18:00

#8: Stuart Redhead - Negative Impact on Local Economy 

I totally agree with Start Redhead, the only person that will benefit is .... and we all know how much he has taken over in the area. So it's time to call a halt.

2014-11-24 16:36

Do we really need another camp site in Bradwell?....No we don't.
PLEASE leave our village alone !!!!!

2014-12-06 12:12

The existing small site opposite the pub is acceptable, but 70+ caravans with 400+ visitors can only have a catastrophic impact on the local infrastructure and cause a security nightmare for local inhabitants and marina berth holders!!
The peace and tranquility will be destroyed ... All for financial gain!!
Outer space

#29 Re:

2014-12-06 16:11

#28: -  

Are all caravaners arseholes and thiefs then.

2015-01-10 17:26

Speaking as a berth holder the showering and toilet facilities are already inadequate for the needs of us, the clubhouse (which basically offers pub style catering) barely able to service the volume of customers. So, with no mention of entertainment facilities, the occupants of 72 caravans (some 400 people) will then be spilling out both into the marina (not desirable on safety grounds) and the local village, which has nothing to offer bored youngsters. As long time berth holders, we have always treated the village with utmost respect and not caused any noise or litter nuisance. Would the same respect be afforded by 400+ bored holidaymakers? Bradwell's appeal is it's peaceful tranquility, we feel that the new proposals would be detrimental to this charming and peaceful village.

#31 Re: No facilities - hidden agenda?

2015-01-10 17:40

#25: - No facilities - hidden agenda? 

That's a good observation, we hadn't thought of that.  But that does seem to make sense of a totally senseless and pointless application to place 70 caravans where there is simply no demand for them.  

On another note, I wonder how many potential holidaymakers are aware of the toxic waste being quietly pumped into the river Blackwater?  That should make it a desirable destination for a family holiday...

Open minded

#32 Re:

2015-01-11 07:58

#30: -  

So you are looking at 5 to 6 people per caravan, most boats have 4 to 6 berths but they are not full all the time otherwise there would be about 1700 people on site without visitors. What makes you think the caravans are going to be full all the time. Why is it people all jump on the band wagon and exaggerate instead of giving honest sensible opinions.

Local

2015-01-21 13:21

NO THANK YOU!!!!

Dengie Dave.

2015-02-17 10:23

Stupid idea, already plenty of caravan sites nearby that always look half empty. The roads just won't cope with the traffic.

2015-05-11 12:15

We chose to live here in the peace & quiet moved away from St Lawrence as it was so busy at the weekends with the caravans we already have two in Bradwell we don't need three

2015-05-16 16:05

The area cannot support such an increase in, even temporary, population nor can the roads. All roads are country lanes, one way in and one way out.

2015-06-22 18:27

This is a lovely area. Quiet, tranquil. Roads are too narrow for increased traffic the proposal will bring. For the residents it could mean a decrease in property prices. The whole dynamic of this beautiful unspoilt area could be changed forever. It starts with just a few but we all know these figures have a habit of increasing.

2015-07-12 10:44

Two caravan sites and a marina at the hamlet of bradwell watersire overwelms the resident community. Existing facilities are just able to cope whilst retaining the charecter of this place.
Magnox should resolve their own contractor accomodation on site rather than petition for 12 month residence for contractors in the heart of a small domestic repsidential and leisure area.

The district council must support the residents to prevent this over development.

2015-07-25 22:52

We do mot want another jaywick.... Bradwell marina is to nice to destroy
Caravaner

#40 Re: touring park at bradwell

2015-08-10 06:11

#1: -   Let's start a campaign to get a touring caravan field on the green behind the marina! Be great!!

Stormyseas

2015-09-07 19:18

We do not need a caravan site here at Bradwell most of the caravan sites around here are used by the Power Station workers & people on the social so we don't need anymore especially not in Bradwell.... there is nothing for people to do here so they turn to crime..... there is always a lot of burglaries & property damage when they are sublet. NO MORE PLEASE I have loved living in the Dengie for 34 years & do not want it to change please.... we have just heard a new Power station is going to be built here so the caravans will house the workers as the owners can sublet them...haven't we got enough in our small area with the wind farms & power station as an eye sore.... please no more our properties will not be worth anything. Plus the roads are far too inadequate to have so much traffic on them the rubbish left by the power station contractors is terrible we find McDonalds & costa coffee rubbish all along our road & they speed up and down like a race track most mornings & evenings it's horrendous we only have a Community shop they could'nt cope with the amount of people & our Sunday walks etc will be spoilt by the noise & traffic because let's face it most of them will leave on a Sunday/Monday & won't care about leaving their rubbish etc behind so the wild life will be maimed, hurt or leave & not come back a badger that has been here for over 20 years was found dead on the road hit by a speeding car if they had stopped he may have been saved but they left it there.... us as locals wouldn't do that to our wildlife.......

Caravaner two

#42 Re: Re: touring park at bradwell

2015-09-16 08:21

#40: Caravaner - Re: touring park at bradwell 

That would be a great idea but I think that it is for the static type units which would be out of my budget but it would be a lovely site to be able to visit.

Open minded

#43 Re:

2015-12-12 10:57

#41: Stormyseas -  

do you think the shop would survive if the power station was not there?  was the vehicle definitely speeding or is this what you presume. And plenty or locals rent out rooms and caravans to contractors, not all above board where the proposed caravan site would be, and bring in more money to the area.

2016-05-02 20:43

It will introduce anti-social behaviour and increase crime in the area. Litter in the surrounding area will increase. Local residents will have to deal with noise pollution. It would be a better use of the land if the local sailing club were to use it and expand their activities for children.
Open minded

#45 Re:

2016-07-24 07:29

#44: -  

What you going to do gag the children so they don't make a noise as I presume they will be playing on the field not sailing on it.

2016-08-03 10:25

Bradwell on sea is a huge part of my life & has been since the day I was born, even though I don't live here, I practically grew up here along with my brother. It is a beautifully kept village with lovely people living there, I have 45 years of wonderful memories & continue seeing memories being made through my children. I would hate to see this paradise spoilt. Increasing vehicles would have a damaging effect on the village alone as well as noise pollution.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2017-08-16 16:34