Against Du Noon residents' settlement relocation

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Against Du Noon residents' settlement relocation.

2014-10-30 15:11

A definite no for the relocation of Du Noon residents into our community. Why must our property always be devalued. Go to Pinelands and look at all the vacant land ( probably for dogs)

2014-10-30 15:25

Why don't they send these people to Bothasig or Edgemead areas?

2014-10-30 15:27

This is highly unfair to make a decision without consulting residents. What a "Bully" move.

#29 Re:

2014-10-30 15:32

#11: The PPL Want to KNOW -  

Oh you hit the nail on the head. The rich lining their already overloaded pockets once again at the expense of the working class.

jodie

2014-10-30 17:22

Useless government. I was born and raised in Kensington and now live in Ireland but still signed the petition. Housing to those living in the Kensington/Factreton area first. Informal settlements can breed anti social behaviour and I hope you all stand up for your beliefs. I stand with you all. Regards from Ireland.

2014-10-30 18:34

I strongly oppose the resettlement. Our safety is already compromised especially residents in 12th Avenue since Canal Walk was built.

2014-10-30 18:45

over my dead body will we allow these people to move in

2014-10-30 18:49

Ppl should be consulted. The decision makers forgets who put them there in first place.

2014-10-30 19:22

We have enough crime in this area. The needs of the Factreton community has to be attended to first. Our police are battling to service this area with limited resources how are they going to deal with the influx of people.

2014-10-30 19:48

It is imperative that the needs and aspirations of the people of Du Noon and other infornal settlements are met and dealt with the dignity and respect that all citizens of this country deserve. However, this is also true for the people of Kensington and Factreton, one of the oldest communties in Cape Town that for many years has been saddled with huge social problems such as poverty, unemployment, drug abuse and gangsterism to mention just a few. There are also countless families, who have been on the housing waiting list for decades due to the council not building any housing in the area for decades and that now have toresort to living in the backyards of others often in horrendous overxrowded and unhygienic conditions. It is the responsibilty of government, parastatals and business to take into account the constitutional rights of all those who are affected by their sweeping decisions. The people of Kensington and Factreton deserve to be heard.

2014-10-30 20:26

No relocation of Dunoon's people to our area.

2014-10-30 20:39

Its a real disaster waiting to happen. We are already consumed with ,burglars,gangsterism, loitering to name a few. Is it fair on the Ken/ Fac community, to have another plight added to the load!!!!!!
Apple

#38 against the move

2014-10-30 21:16

I don't understand why the du noon community should be moved in to kensington. Firstly they building a 24 hour community health centre for the community, does this mean our community health facility will be revamped to include the masses. Also what about safety, property value, what about the field directly next to the shop rite where so many of the community plays soccer on in du noon. Why not move them or allow them to move there. It makes no sense to invade a community. 

#39 Re: SICK OF THIS!!

2014-10-31 03:46

#20: MONIQUE - SICK OF THIS!! 

agree..... kensington does not need this!! But this is not ANC, aftrall City of Cape Town is DA ruled......

2014-10-31 04:09

ask the people you want to relocate where they want to go and what they need.

2014-10-31 04:23

I have been on the housing waiting list for in our area for over 14years and now government want to force us out of our home to move in murderers (I call them murderers cause they killed my brother point blank while he was doing hid job in Du Noon, he even provided for their disadvantage people). We also have families living in a 1bedroom, we also have houses this 4/5/6 shacks in the back yard. What makes the Du Noon people more important then the people living and struggling to get houses in our own area???? Provide us the community of Ken/Fact with housing and I don't thing that is to much to ask

2014-10-31 04:29

they gona start a bloodbath by moving dunoon ppl to kensington. those ppl also were relocated in the first place to dunoon, so why not locate them back to where they came from. and why are ppl overcrowding cape town like this, the whole eastern cape relocated here already, dont even talk about the foreigners.

2014-10-31 05:48

Major protest, I know of a community that blocked all the entrances to their town. People that didn't reside there were not allowed in for days. Same scenario, there was a lot of vandalism during the protest unfortunately but in the end they prevented informal settlement from being "moved" there

2014-10-31 06:36

Government don't care why don't they put these ppl in suburbs like plattekloof,edgemead or these other suburbs. Government is just downgrading our communities further coz look at houses that they build its disgusting even worst then the apartheid houses they just don't care we are still oppressed and its a shame for the middle class and poor ppl we have to stand up and stop this unfair decisions of government

2014-10-31 06:40

This is a really good cause, because our very own backyard dwellers in Kensington and Facreton have been suffering and waiting for accommodation for years now. Its unfair and just wrong for other people to take up accommodation that doesn't belong to them.

#46 Re: Re:

2014-10-31 07:49

#29: - Re:  

I'm pretty sure that the individuals pushing for this move of the Du Noon ppl, doesnt even live in the Kensington Area. And for that reason, they have no feelings towards the ppls objection. Personally I think their greed for money stands as a shield towards human feelings.

And i wouldnt be surprised if the move of this ppl havent already been agreed upon and indirectly notifying us about it..  

Simple example!!! Consider the E ToLLS build up.. the way it was implemented.

By ALL Costs WE should not Allow them to Have ANY stance in Moving the Du Noon PPL... And that communty should also stand on Not Moving.

#47 Against Du Noon resisent's settlement relocation

2014-10-31 12:47

They ca.n use the Pinelands and Epping land because most of those settlers work for the rich white people of Cape Town

2014-10-31 17:24

Dnt wnt Danoon people in kensington/factreton

2014-10-31 18:31

Why must they put other people here when they didnt want us from factreton kensington to stay here .guys open ur eyes we in kenfac community are suffering we are slping nd living in shacks nd wendyhouses for so long bt we are on the waiting list what kind of rainbow nations are we that u can look after u own kind

2014-10-31 18:38

having this squater move will increase crime rate in the area we are totally against this