Support the Ale House Staff

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support the Ale House Staff.

#26 Love this place!

2014-12-05 16:41

Welcome and looking forward to having you be part of the neighborhood!

Hearing that the business will be under new ownership has felt like a punch in the gut to the very loyal and regular (several times per week) customers.  Many of us don't know where we will go now.

Pete's is an integral part of the neighborhood and the staff is the BEST anywhere.  They work hard, are knowledgeable and loyal to the business.  They all want to stay and the customers want them to stay.  We are a warm bunch and consider the staff and Pete's to be our family.  I think you will have a built in, continued loyal clientele if you keep them.  We want to see their faces when we come for drinks and dinner.  We still want to feel like the new Pete's is home to us and I hope you will consider that when making your decision.

Best of luck to you in this new endeavor.

2014-12-05 19:22

We go to Pete's 2-3 times a week. After less than two years in the neighborhood, it has become our home (not far) away from home. If it changes much, if the staff is much different, we won't be coming back. For pizza, we have Luzzo's for some of the best pizza in the city, just down the block (and has a great staff, too). We go to Pete's for arguably the best bar and grill/bbq menus anywhere, its brilliant beer list, and its people. Jazz legends make their home there. Artists, political wonks, actors and techies. 

Things that will not happen:

1) Pete's becoming a 22 year olds' hip hotspot. That's just not going to happen on Atlantic, in BK Heights/Cobble Hill, which is mostly families and 30/40-somethings (and older). Even Floyd down the street tilts older than its brethren on Smith and on Franklin.

2) Pete's beating Luzzo's and Table 87. Sure, people will order pizza if they are already at the new Pete's, but don't scrap the core menu in lieu of trying to compete with the neighborhood standbys. You'll lose. We're loyal.

2014-12-05 23:06

Pleas keep the Ale House just the way it is!!!!
It is literally our neighborhood's Cheers, where everybody knows your name, where the staff can recommend a beer because they know what you like, where they finish your kids' sentences when they order because they know what "the usual" is for all their regular customers.
Thanks in advance, John Bonina
Gotham Imbiber

#29 Please don't chnage something pioneering

2014-12-06 00:14

Losing long serving, loyal, and knowledgeable staff by choice is the fastest way to lose loyal customers. This bar is a pioneer dating from the start of the modern craft beer revolution, and everyone involved has done wonders.

2014-12-06 01:52

THREE generations of our family have been enjoying this restaurant (and Peters Ice Cream before) and the staff could not be better. Please keep these wonderful people with your new opening, as well as the (local, approachable, Brooklyn) atmosphere that keeps us all coming back year after year. It's a neighborhood gem!!!

2014-12-06 05:32

Been coming for 13 years and I, too, would like to see the bartenders return.  But I would like to see an upgrade in the kitchen.  I've never, ever had good 'luck' beyond the burgers and fries. No more pizza, please.  One more thing, please bring back the live music!  Thanks and good luck.

2014-12-07 06:12

Keep the Staff! Keep the Staff!

2014-12-11 16:53

The fact that people are willing to put something like this together should itself be enough evidence to display the passion customers have for the Waterfront. We hope that is recognized and treated appropriately.

2014-12-11 18:54

I suspect like most owners financial concerns drive your decision making. Understand however that many of us who patronize establishments in this neighborhood place considerable value on community, and we back that up with our dollars. I will not support businesses that undermine that. Please keep staff in the loop, with at much notice as possible about changes that may impact them. Thank you.

2014-12-12 17:50

Some of my best memories from living in Brooklyn 90-95 involve Pete's Waterfront Ale House. Cory Hill, Dimitri and many others. Don't change what works!

2014-12-15 15:54

NOTHING about this place should EVER change.

2014-12-18 09:54

Great place! Should stay like it it!

2014-12-20 02:42

This is a neighborhood establishment, and if the menu and decor can't stay the same, at least keep the excellent staff
Ben Dobbs

2014-12-25 16:11

I've lived up in Westchester for the past ten years, and though the bars/ pub scene has gotten much better over the years, nothing comes close to Pete's Waterfront. Spent many a great time there, especially the 5K runs over the Brooklyn Bridge, in which the parties afterwards are legendary. Here's hoping they retain the character (and characters) of the place. Long may it stand.

2015-01-05 01:38

Been a patron for 7+ years. The food and beer is superb, but the staff and bartenders are what keep me coming back. Okay, and the ribs too. 

#41 Hope it remains kid-friendly

2015-01-05 17:41

Aside from the awesome food, which took a hold on us back in 2004 when we moved to the area, we've been regular patrons of Pete's because the staff are more than accommodating for our two little boys (3 and 1). They go above and beyond to take care of us, and interact with our kids - our boys love coming there for dinner. Please keep the current staff!!

Cobble Hill Petes Lovers

2015-01-06 15:22

We absolutely love our waiter who serves us every time (guy with a pony tail).  I don't remember anyone's name but I also don't usually remember any single server.  It is my child's single favorite restaurant in the neighborhood.  Also, please keep the popcorn machine.  Makes the kids want to keep coming back in addition to the super friendly staff!

#43 Iconic place, a real joy to eat in this genuine Brooklyn pub.

2015-03-28 05:01

Enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, always delicious and varied menu and top notch and gracious service from the staff. So sad to hear about changes afoot at this wonderful neighborhood fixture. Please keep the totally fabulous staff, at least. Every one is special, particularly remember Soy for her sense of humor and helpfulness.