Bring Drivers Ed Back into Effingham Co. Schools

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Bring Drivers Ed Back into Effingham Co. Schools.

2015-01-09 03:24

The problem is poor decision making among some of the teens in this county such as racing, drinking and driving, speeding, etc. 

#27 Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-09 03:24

#23: - Re: Re:  

you are illiterate. I am so done. 

#28 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-09 03:30

#27: - Re: Re: Re:  

I agree with comment 27. & those pathway that aren't necessary to you has allowed students.to graduate  with CNA and PT certifications. CNA is a certified nursing assistant which costs 3 grand at a technical college. The cosmetology pathway is actual college courses. Drivers Ed is something you should be responsible for as a parent

2015-01-09 03:30

And drivers Ed in school is going to magically make less accidents? I think not. The teachers do not care about teaching the class just as much as the students do not care to pay attention. Signing this petition is a waste of time. Effingham county BOE will make decisions regardless of "the people". As a parent, if you are concerned, it is your responsibility to teach your child the ways of the road along with what is the better decision. It's called an accident for a reason. ACCIDENT. If you're worried, you don't have to take your kid to even get their license in the first place. If you do not feel comfortable teaching your own child how to drive there are many safety classes to take and many officers that will be willing to personally help. 

#30 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-09 03:40

#28: - Re: Re: Re: Re:  

The whole point is some form of driver education should be offered in school. Let's not bash people. As a responsible parent I have taught and I am teaching my children to be responsible drivers. I see nothing wrong with it being offered as an extra class. That a student could sign up for if the wanted. Even if there was a fee that I as a responsible parent would be happy to pay. It should be offered plain and simple. It should not take the place of a required course.

2015-01-09 03:42

Drivers ed was a great course. With all the car accidents and tragedies that have occurred in the past few years I believe it would be a good idea for the course to return.
Pochiegirl1

#32 Re: Re:

2015-01-09 12:20

#15: - Re:  

My daughter had driver's ed & she drove

2015-01-09 12:38

I think drivers education needs to be brought back... let's save some of these teenagers.

Auntie - madre of two effingham angels

2015-01-09 12:53

I have a niece & nephew that would greatly benefit from from this!!

2015-01-09 14:00

This is something that should've never left the school system!
Creator

#36 Re:

2015-01-09 14:26

#29: -  

As the. STUDENT who started this I know my fellow peers want it back as much as I do now wether or not you have a student in  these schools or not you would know we've been wanting I back for a while and seeing is how you don't work on the BOE I don't think you obtain any knowledge on the decision they may make

2015-01-09 15:45

Drivers ed should be mandatory in every highschool, in every county!

2015-01-09 16:42

My child isn't driving age but one day she will be. I'm hoping she will be able to get the experience she needs to drive safely for herself and others.

2015-01-09 16:55

This is such an important thing to have in the schools. Where we live we loose so many high school students due to the lack of experience behind the wheel. They are young and they don't really know how to react to certain situations. Why take out something so important. Why take out some of the things they will never use in life instead. My daughter was killed 2 years ago at the age of 16 in a car wreck. Had she had more experience then maybe she would of known how to react. You can talk to them but until they experience it first hand they really don't know. Just in the last 2 years at least 8 children that I know of in my county alone have been killed in car wrecks.

2015-01-09 21:39

With as many teen-involved traffic fatalities that Effingham has had, I cannot fathom why in the world they would have even considered getting rid of drivers ed. Bring it back!

2015-01-11 02:42

Bring it back into the curriculum

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-01-11 02:44

#43 I don't care what the research says

2015-01-11 16:57

Some will say that there is no research to support Driver's Education actually reducing teen accident rates and that it is too expensive. I still remember almost everything I learned in Driver's Education classes many, many years ago. I don't remember what I learned in History, English, etc. I remember Driver's Education. I remember my instructor stomping on his brake when I messed up a four-way stop. Decades later, I remember what I did wrong EVERY time I approach a four-way intersection. I am floored at what my own kids do not know about driving. I have tried to teach them everything myself. Is every other parent in the county doing that?