say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

2015-01-04 11:39

Next GE, we will see WP laughing & clapping hands! 

2015-01-04 11:44

From a resident of Fernvale Ridge, even though I am not the affected resident as Fernvale Lea, what is worse is that the Columbarium is also close to my place and we are not even been consulted because ours are built much earlier and there are no brochures to show.
Serious Bea!

#353 SAY NO TO COLUMBARIUM IN SENGKANG!!!

2015-01-04 12:14

Why is this to be build in sengkang?!!!!  Its our home for god sake! Me and my husband has been looking forward to this new place we can call it ours and to be able to give a more comfortable place for our children and also with my dad inlaw.

Now what... U are telling us that u guys are gonna build the columbarium in this estate?!! 

Hope

2015-01-04 12:30

Government should listen to the voice & feeling of fernvale residents!Why lets all our residents here fell unhappy over this matter?

Lets all fernvale residents to vote for their future!(To build or not to build Columbarium here).

If you got more than 51% vote to build Columbarium here then our residents will accept the fact!

听取民意,才是好政府!

请以德服人。

Overall we are all Singaporean.

2015-01-04 12:45

Definitely no to this columbarium!

2015-01-04 12:47

Although i don't stay in fernvale area.
Bbut having the thought of a columbarium in Seng Kang make me sick.

1) smoke.
2) Burning of offering and where does the ashes go?

why don't they place it in a space more secluded.
or try building it near the lamnded houses in seletar. lets hear what those rick fellows think.

2015-01-04 13:16

Respect the living as well as the dead

2015-01-04 13:24

This is my future home for children and my children's children. I do not want it next to a columbarium.
Unhappy fernvale resident

#359 Escalate to pm lee

2015-01-04 13:32

We need to further escalate to pm lee.

2015-01-04 14:04

Can request to hold a dialogue session with our PM Lee? Hope PM Lee will listen to our concern..really feel unfair to us.

2015-01-04 14:06

No columbarium near my new home!!!

2015-01-04 14:25

Did anyone opposed during the intend constuction of Fo Guang Shan at Punggol ? One say there is also columbarium service there. What is the main difference between this 2 ?

unhappy/unlucky resident

#363 Do think of the residents

2015-01-04 14:28

To those in charge: how will YOU feel if a columbarium is built next to YOUR house?

Most of us are normal salaryman, a bto flat signifies a large investment on our part. Please think about how this will affect the resale values of our homes and how it might just leave a few hundred new couples with a home that is so much more difficult to sell in the future...

#364 Re:

2015-01-04 14:48

#362: -  

Got difference lah.  Fo Kuang San runs by religion group and serve the community.  SengKang Columbarium runs Pte Ltd and serve their shareholders. 

FB Admin

#365 Facebook Site is UP again

2015-01-04 14:56

Dear All,

The Facebook site A visit to the MP - Against columbarium is up again. 

Please join the group to focus on group actions and share information/ideas. 

Admin

2015-01-04 15:06

Although I am not residents of Fernvale Lea, I am with them . NO TO COLUMBARIUM IN SUCH HIGH DENSITY AREA !! Hi MP , please really think hard for the people before making any decision. You are there for the people, right ? Put yourself in their shoes when you reply. Thank you.

#367 Re: Facebook Site is UP again

2015-01-04 15:24

#365: FB Admin - Facebook Site is UP again 

How come down in the first place?

2015-01-04 15:26

Please relocate the columbarium to another location for the sake of all uphappy fernvale residents.

Choose a nickname

#369 Subject

2015-01-04 16:45

B4 booked, is clearly stated Chinese Temple.. After booking, Chinsse Temple become Columbarium.

2015-01-04 16:58

having a temple with columbarium service is different from having a columbarium with temple service ....

2015-01-04 18:04

NO TO COLUMBARIUM... FUTURE RESIDENT AT FERNVALE LEA...

#372 Re: is there any case like us happened b4?

2015-01-04 18:08

Anyone know since HDB launched BTO flat, is there any case like us that after happily waiting for 3yrs for our new home then realised that it will not be the one we want? 

The examples they gave this morning saying that it is common to have chinese temple with columbarium service in it in the housing estate. Like CCK, Yishun..... Are those examples also a BTO exercise ? They accepted the columbarium built next to their block without making any noise?

Are we, the Fernvale Lea residents the first batch of guinea pig for HDB to try out the reaction of resident if they can widely recommend this to other estate?

Are we, Fernvale Lea will becomes an example for them to convince the residents of other project to accept their concept?

This is the first time I purchase a new flat, currently I'm staying in resale flat that all the neccessary documents done by agent. I'm not high educated and have no experience at all to read carefully of those brochers and legal documents. Even after I read all, I might don't get what they mean? As you all know, those legal wording are twist and turn, and it is very confussing to me.

I'm not trying to make excuses for myself, just that because of this, I seen those bad comments on FB about us, the residents of Fernvale Lea are some cowards, money minded, selfish, childish..... ppl. I am really upset.Try to imagine, you whole family happily waited for your return with luxury Xmas turkey package, the whole family fulled with laughter and joy but surprisingly you return with only a roasted chicken. Can you all imagine the scene of sudden stop of laughter, sudden stop of joy in the family? And we can't even ask why? How come?

I wanted so much to move to my new house and I really need to move there, my daughter started her secondary school in Sengkang few days ago, she needs to travel quite a distance from our current house to school everyday, but she willing to 'suffer' because we whole family had planned our beautiful live in Sengkang. And we thought that she only needs to 'suffer' for few month as the construction of our house is going to complete. But now all plans ruined. Now even IF the HDB Board agreed to refund me, it is not what I want! I want my house! 

The construction of the colombarium is confirmed. And I'm still struggling here, whether to keep on to our plan or started all over again. If withdrawn this application, will I face the same problem again in other BTO exercise? 

Any advice? 

#373 Full Refund from HDB

2015-01-04 23:57

Was at the talk yesterday, trying to sell us the idea that it is good for us etc etc. Anyway we have put down our names with HDB for a full refund.
For those who was not there, I guess you need to gives your name NRIC and contact to HDB but I do not have the contact of the HDB so maybe you can pass this to Dr Lam our MP who hopefully can pass it to HDB for you.

#374 Re: Re: is there any case like us happened b4?

2015-01-04 23:59

#372: - Re: is there any case like us happened b4? 

No worries, if it can happended to us, it can happened to those also.  Then they will know how it feel.

2015-01-05 01:22

Having a refund does not solve the problem of all fernvale new residents, what about the rest of the unfair new fernvale residents? The best solution is for the HDB and URA to allocate the developer of the columbarium to another suitable location, why do we need so many columbarium services in new estate like sengkang where there are already three such temples within Anchorvale - Puat Jit Buddhist Temple, Nanyang Thong Hong Siang Tng Temple and Chee Hwan Kog Temple with this columbarium service?