say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

2015-01-05 23:05

We should demand a by-election ASAP and not wait till the next general election which can even be in 2016. It's time we send an email to PM Lee, explaining why we need a second chance to vote.

A by-election is a local election and won't change the govt. That's what we need right now. Just a local election within Sengkang West.

Dr Lam must seek a new mandate from us. We don't approve of him not siding residents in this matter.  

2015-01-05 23:24

No columbarium!

2015-01-06 00:07

强烈反对!

#430 Re: Re:

2015-01-06 00:43

#188: Awakening - Re:  

You think of it what so bad about that one day everyone will die.This is your comments then now u go n die la.

2015-01-06 01:01

强烈反对,家园附近有放骨灰龛!
May

#432 Putting a temple c/w columbarium service

2015-01-06 02:31

Perhaps we should get the government to put a columbarium next to a community centre and see if People's Association can swallow or not... and see if PA's users jump or not... or put the columbarium next to a Swimming pool/stadium and see if Sports Singapore will object or not. I think put next to a park is even better so that the dead will rest in peace. I am sure NPark will be most glad.

There's a chinese saying: if you don't like, don't give it to others (己所不欲, 勿施与人). If government think not appropriate to put there then don't give it to citizens. 

2015-01-06 03:10

So those so called volunteers get priority in things like bto then act as if it is alright n turn a deaf ear to the issues which we hv a right to be concern about. If you walk the talk ..go put ur urn of deceased in ur home and reject all the perks like priority in bto 

2015-01-06 03:48

I stay at Fernvale Coral Springs Blk 411 and I'm very disappointed to hear that a columbarium is being build right smack in our small town. Been following the development of this news since last week. Read how new residents were "mislead" by the brochures, and how a pte co won a bid to build a columbarium ...it is just very very upsetting news.

I have friends, ex-school mates and relatives staying around Fernvale Vista, Fernvale Lush Acres and also new residents of Fernvale Lea - We are very unhappy.

2015-01-06 04:28

PM was the "property agent" for Fernvale BTO.  He should come out and speak for his "clients".

#436 Re:

2015-01-06 04:34

#426: -  

Those who have not gotten their keys and not living in Sengkang West, how do they vote ?

2015-01-06 05:07

Let us see how HDB sell their future BTO with nearby site reserved for temple and church.

2015-01-06 05:52

Please read this: http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/2014/12/11/housing-places-of-worship/

you think the blog has anything to do with this? If so, this Fernvale columbarium will not be the last but a first of many around SG.

NIMBY? Just wait...Columbarium coming near you!

2015-01-06 07:34

Scenario 1:

Somebody there just f up and other people have to clean the shit

Scneario 2:

They probably wanted to test market and thought the young gen more acceptable but didnt realize it was people's first home and hence are not happy with this. What's more young more louder than old.

Either way, people don't like it so please don't build without even sureying the people living there. Please make a fair decision and hear the residents views

2015-01-06 07:37

Why URA master plan legend only categorized place of worship include temple,church and mosque but not columbarium, and only fineprint can be found in the HDB sales brochure, they are indeed trying to deceive us and still blaming us that we should see this condition in the ultraprint sales brochure where we are only able to receive the hardcopy sale brochure upon selection of unit.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/maps/MPWS_2014_for_map_legend.htm#a16

2015-01-06 07:45

They probably ask you to take it or leave it... new PRs or new FT critizens are willing to take over the units if you ask for refund. Shoving new policy & decision right into our mouths these days.

#442 Re: Re:

2015-01-06 08:14

#436: - Re:  

They don't have to vote. We just need a by-election to make our voices heard.

During a by-election, the MPs and Ministers will all come over to the place. And they will all propose solutions. Like what happened in Rivervale the other time, more attention to estate issues during the by-election.

It's not about who wins the by-election. We just need the government to pay attention to the problem. 

2015-01-06 08:19

why must this country be all about money?

2015-01-06 08:47

It's funny to read all these when the people keep on saying they are not looking at resale value or anything this and that..well..

Maybe for awhile but after watching the news and interview kn some would be residents, what is the outcome?RESALE value of the house..

By election?haha.sure pls go ahead and write and request all you want. I dont see it happen personally. Yes you all got the right to choose and to vote who. Well, not much say in this but yes like some of you heros sang, you can vote them out..so time comes pls heros, do what you guys are best at ya..

Anyway good luck to all petitions and protest or maybe a march at Hong Lim park will do the trick ya..hope you guys win this war..i would be very happy for you guys and at the same time anyone who is so hot blooded now and wish not to stay as a keyboard warrior is welcome to say hi..

JIAYOU sengkang..

2015-01-06 08:56

Stop The Bull Shit

2015-01-06 09:01

The tender should be voided on the premise that the company is not a charitable/religious organization. URA should be taken to task for awarding the bid by a private company, an oversea company no less.

2015-01-06 09:07

JIAYOU JIAYOU

Thumbs up...go fernvale Lea..lets unite and fight fight fight

#448 Re:

2015-01-06 09:18

#223: Wake Up -  

Clever to support 1 party only? You mean our elders which include your parents and mine or even grand parents? Well for once i believe mine did the right thing. So why not you ask your parents why they support?

Have a good one..

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-01-06 09:19

#450 Re:

2015-01-06 09:23

#440: -  

There are 3 other reserved site next to the CT. Per ura legend, the reserved site can also be use for funeral parlor too, is fernvale going to be another sin Ming ???