Saanich EDPA

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Saanich EDPA.

2015-11-08 01:47

This bylaw shows that there are too many people employed by Saanich with too little to do. Whoever dreamed up this all encompassing bylaw should be fired. Now that most areas of Saanich have been denuded of trees and vegetation then developed, council seems to think it a great idea to offload a disproportionate amount of cost and responsibility upon those people who have been and continue to be environmentally responsible with their properties. A good and complete housecleaning now of this council and their environmental minions who came up with this idiotic bylaw is what is required!

2015-11-08 16:48

The whole EDPA should be redone or deleted. It is discriminatory against certain homeowners who pay high taxes and who have had very little input

2015-11-08 16:54

too discriminatory against certain high taxpaying homeowners who had virtually no say re: the EDPA

2015-11-08 19:24

Because we are furious that a bunch of Saanich council members are playing God, Judge and Jury regarding our private property which took a lifetime to pay for and is now devalued as a result of an unjust bylaw.

2015-11-09 06:27

His bylaw is an expropriation of my home owner rights and completely devalues my property!

2015-11-10 00:58

I believe that council is overstepping it's authority and creating a very tense situation for landowners that are paying your salary. Council should back off.

2015-11-10 01:39

Since we are the ones who pay property tax, we should have the right to have a say as to what we do on our properties, including planting, pruning, removing plants, etc. We do not need government interference.
Alex

2015-11-11 00:12

It defies reason, that Saanich without consultation, can take away an owners right to use their property in a reasonable manner. Under the proposed edpa it will restrict our use of about half of our 5 acre farm. If we are restricted in the use of our property as well as incurring a substantial drop in our property value in this dictatorial fashion we should be remunerated for this loss in some acceptable fashion. Saanich can't even keep up with the work in their own parks. They should concentrate their efforts there and leave taxpayers alone.

2015-11-11 18:50

I have signed this petition as a home owner that has had what I believed were rights as a land owner stripped. The edpa has a negative impacted on my property and has most likely devalued it to some degree . My rights to improve my property has been diminished, having to apply for simple yard maintenance.

2015-11-11 22:33

I believe this bylaw is backwards and should be rescinded.
John

#86 Who runs this site?

2015-11-12 22:07

I have been told that the EDPA site is being run by a developer who is trying to get land re-zoned and redeveloped. On that basis I don't know if I can trust the information being posted here.

Why won't the site owner(s) come forward and identify themselves?

Anonymous

#87 Re: Who runs this site?

2015-11-13 01:55

#86: John - Who runs this site? 

We are a group of Saanich residents - contact us through www.edpa.ca and we can chat.

2015-11-13 18:26

Because the bylaw is ill conceived, arbitrary, not based on reality or science on the ground, and unfair. It and Councils' attitude smacks of 17th Century landlord/tenant feudalism and is not appropriate to present day. Preservation of natural spaces is desirable but must be done credibly based on science including ground surveys and plant inventories.

2015-11-13 22:04

I am a owner of an affected property and believe not enough public input was addressed before this by-law was put into effect. I am very concerned that this by-law will change the value of our property for the worse not the better and undermines my property rights.

2015-11-14 23:09

I would support Gordon Head seceding from Saanich if the EPDA isn't changed.

2015-11-17 06:08

I am in the area and potentially subject to possible further EDPA expansion.

2015-11-17 15:53

my property dropped in value by so much in one year because of this. has me very worried

2015-11-25 00:40

My property values are negatively effected and I believe that the District of Saanich does not have the jurisdiction to enact the EDPA bylaw. I plan to write to the Minister of Environment to determine if provincial authority has been granted. See Local Government Act

2015-12-07 22:10

need to build allies to hold incompetent and irresponsible staff at Saanich accountable

2016-01-16 17:29

I am directly impacted - have had to deal with Saanich on this issue- cost us a lot of money to do landscape update .

2016-01-28 18:52

I think that it was poorly enacted. The bylaw has excessive set-backs from water and is too restricrtive.

#97 Re:

2016-02-13 00:21

#15: -  

Toatlly agree with your comment, the tree's are protected and in most properties the original eco system has long been removed or altered wtih developement including the dwelling and the introduction of lawn and gardens.

2016-02-19 01:45

My family came to this country after having gone through a war where there was too many interfering/controlling politicians & bureacrats - now here in Saanich we are faced with more controlling politicians & bureaucrats who sit behind their desks issuing edicts with no basis in reality.