Stop restrictions on Caravans in the Isle of Man

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop restrictions on Caravans in the Isle of Man.

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-04-06 18:44

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-04-06 18:52

2015-04-06 19:17

Manx and own a caravan, now living in uk and then find out cannot return to iom even for a holiday? Manx gov are a complete joke and there are more pressing matters they need to deal with than banning caravans for everyone, and also banning Manx residents from purchasing a new caravan, am lost for words.

2015-04-06 19:31

There should be no caravan restrictions especially for Isle of Man residents

2015-04-06 19:34

They go on about the roads being congested with caravans am sorry but you hardly ever see caravans being towed around the island I for one go from A to B only on the main roads ...

2015-04-06 19:44

i own a motorhome we are not gypsies why are we being persecuted by the government or is it just another "TAX"

2015-04-06 20:27

Being a camper for 30 years. Born and lived on the Island all my life. Caravans and campers are a wonderful fresh air hobby.

2015-04-06 20:44

Having purchased a caravan not long ago in the uk,  and now unable to bring it back to the IOM is awful.  We have 4 young children and was looking forwards to some fun cheap camping holidays :(

2015-04-06 21:25

I own a caravan & live in IOM.

2015-04-07 04:53

What a ridiculous proposal. Totally unfounded reasoning. Who ever came up with this idea should be sacked from his post as he's obviously not capable of logical thinking.

2015-04-07 06:47

Leave are happy glampers alone, the aren't doing any harm.

2015-04-07 07:52

Because the restrictions are absurd! Why restrict someone who already has a caravan from trading it in for a new model? Why cite road safety if you allow caravans during the busiest periods of the year? Apart from which in the 33 years that I have lived on the IOM I haven't ever seen a caravan on the roads here!

2015-04-07 08:54

Hope it helps x

2015-04-07 10:06

I have a camper and want to use it for family holiday

2015-04-07 19:46

Cyclists that ride in packs of two or three abreast - that causes more congestion every week than the odd caravan on the road.  I have been driving for nearly 15 years and I have never been stuck behind a caravan infact I have never seen one on the road except for during TT.  The fact that the government are dictating to us what we can and cant buy, since when was the Isle of Man a dictatorship?  A tynwald committee of three people decided this between them that is beyond a joke! 

2015-04-08 07:22

Yet again another restriction on both economy and locals rights. I can understand why Jersey have restrictions because of infrastructure but the Isle of Man. Not only are you upsetting IOM residents but turning away potential money to help your economy.

2015-04-08 20:09

It seems totally ridiculas and unfair at best particularly to islanders .

2015-04-08 23:07

Let caravans on the island, it'll boost tourism.
cheggers

2015-04-09 03:43

My business is the proud owner of a £5000 caravan which we use as a site office and crew rest and recuperation area for outdoor events and also as an on site sleeping facility for our crew when we have events that last more than a few days as we have to sleep on site to look after our equipment etc. A motor home was neither practical or cost effective and the caravan has been of great use and benefit. We now want to sell it off island and trade it in for a brand new one yet these rediculous and ill thought out proposals will now prevent us from being able to do so. This is quite simply discrimination at its very finest and towed caravans cause no more hassle or congestion on the islands roads than horse boxes or large trailers. In fact it's fair to say that the amount and Size of farm tractors and huge trailers has increased dramatically on the islands roads and small country lanes in the last ten years yet we don't seem to hear of any issues with them so how are a handful of locally owned caravans such a big issue. The fooktard Politicians of this island need to wake up and smell the coffee and start worrying about more pressing issues such as the amount of vulnerable people in society or the scurge of under age drinking and drug taking instead of trying to alienate a small minority of manx caravan owners. I bet not one of the select committee who looked into this has ever had or been in a caravan ? 

Yours faithfully

A very irate, law abiding, tax paying, hard working MANXMAN who is ashamed of the Disrespectful and discriminatory attitude of our politicians and the dictatorary way in which they are running the Island.

time to oust this bunch of prehistoric halfwits and get some young fresh blood in there.

#20 Re:

2015-04-09 07:53

#6: -  

It's too stop caravans not motorhomes

Sicknote

2015-04-09 09:47

So we are going to ban farm trailers and horse trailers, I don't think so, but what is the difference, let me think oh yes nothing. The one thing a caravan owner wants to do is get it sited as soon as possible, and not tow all over the Isle of Man. This is so unfair it's hard to believe it is happening.

#22 Restrictive practices by our own Government

2015-04-09 10:41

Caravan and motorhome owners need to start working together to stop the Government imposing restrictive practices on the Island’s residents – neither is the enemy of the other and both are being demonised in one way or another.  Band together and stop this ridiculous situation – legislation can easily be amended so that residents are given different rights to visitors.  If we were being told we cannot own a car, the whole population would be up in arms – the only difference is a matter of scale of number of people being affected.  Non caravan and motorhome owners, are you really prepared to allow your elected Government to become this dictatorial?

2015-04-09 11:58

Some of the things the government are planing for caravan owners is I think against human rights, I.e. You can't renew your caravan when it gets to old to take on the road, that in my mind is going to make people do daft things like take the chance moving the old van, just because they can't swop the old for new.

2015-04-09 15:24

We can't understand why the IoM government is taking such a negative stance on visitors to the island. We are always telling people what a beautiful island it is and, for non-bikers, to take a trip over. Didn't realise you didn't want visitors at any other time than the bike festivals.

2015-04-09 18:08

I do not see why the Manx Government should punish honest folk who favour hooking up their caravan and touring the Island not troubling anyone and spending their hard earned cash within the community.