Save Our Moose

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Moose.

2015-04-09 09:51

I signed the position because before you know it there won't be anymore moose on the island to hunt and I've been going hunting with my grandfather and father all my life and now I have kids of my own which I would like to share the great experience of the NL moose hunt with them as they grow but am afraid that won't be possible soon

2015-04-09 10:18

Most moose accidents are caused by speed and poor driving skills.

2015-04-09 12:19

Removing moose from our highways will not make the highways idiot proof. Accidents will still happen, true, but moose cannot be held responsible for unsafe driving practices.

2015-04-09 15:52

Why can't this province put up fences like Nova Scotia and other provinces to keep wild life off the highways especially in areas where moose are a real problem. I understand that peoples lives are at stake with Moose on the highway but why eradicated a species for the sake of the almighty dollar.

2015-04-09 20:33

Thomas kearley

2015-04-10 00:16

I grew up going to Newfoundland every summer as a kid my mother was born there on Red Island

2015-04-10 21:36

I signed this because I do not like the way people are blaming the moose for all the accidents. The first though is kill them all. Makes me so mad.

2015-04-11 01:43

How many people will be mistaken for moose during the berry picking season (August) and shot and killed? The moose are already at an all-time low. This is a reckless and stupid decision by the provincial government.

2015-04-11 01:57

This is wrong and will in danger the moose in Newfoundland. We. The public should have decisions on matters like this befor the government can make a change

2015-04-11 12:01

People need to slow down and pay attention. I drive the TCH very frequently and being aware of the risk of moose and bad drivers I make sure I'm always alert, especially at night.

2015-04-11 12:07

People always look for someone to blame for their mistakes. We all know the potential risk on the highway! If you like gambling with your life...RIP

2015-04-11 12:24

Put fencing up and you will see even more increase in speeding. All though not possible I would love to see photo radar installed in high moose areas, then we can see who's fault it is, I'm willing to guess its not the moose! Who knows you may catch your "loved ones" trying to blame the moose and government

2015-04-11 12:59

People should slow down on our roads and highways. Collisions with moose are not the moose's fault, excessive speed and in attention are the causes

2015-04-11 13:15

I signed this petition because I am a hunting guide in central NL,hunting area 15 twin lakes. The government increased the quota of this area by 100 additional licenses and extending the season. A lot of these moose in this area never will ever see pavement and are killed by snowmobile or ATV because of the remote area. In my opinion what the government should do is have a team or several Dept's covering sections of highway's much the same as snow plow operators, patrolling the highway's at the time when moose are most active from dusk till dawn. Any moose that are near the roadways, take these moose out by shooting them.These moose are then given to charity organizations. Also make it mandatory to reduce the speed limit at night.

2015-04-11 21:09

We need to protect our wildlife. There are so many obstacles in their way to living their lives that have been put there by humans. We are responsible for helping them to survive.

2015-04-12 13:16

To save a way of life for my fellow newfoundlanders. The moose is now a part of our heritage. A part of newfoundland culture. Seems like no one cares about our culture now.

2015-04-17 03:12

did not know the pop was on the decline always here there is to many.

2015-04-19 15:00

Because with all the decline with our caribou and the fact that i have witnessed these so called coyotes attacking an adult male moose, i feel that in another few short years our moose population could also be in trouble. Instead of our government trying to protect and maintain a good healthy moose population they are adding more pressure to the population..As for motorist, i hit a moose a few years back and was lucky enough not to be injured or killed..Guess what ?? I was driving to fast for that hour of the night , if i reduced my speed i know i wouldnt have hit that moose.. Moose are not the problem..Cell phones and speeding motorist are !

2015-04-22 18:37

BECAUSE OUR HOOSE IS BEING WIPED OUT I HUNT 38KM UP ON THE HUMBER THERY ARE GETTING LESS EVERY YEAR

2015-04-27 15:54

Like a lot of native Nflders I was raised in a home where meat was what we managed to catch or shoot (rabbits,moose,seal,birds, fish,whatever was available)while I am not as dependent upon what I obtain from the woods or waters to feed myself and family I do still harvest and enjoy what I can.I do not hunt or fish for sport only for food.I can see that the moose population is being devestated and I feel this is totally wrong and unnecessary.I realize moose-vehicle collisions are a problem but I don't believe destroying that resource is the solution.Government must realize whatever they do will not be enough to satisfy the group that wants our moose eliminated and that is what it will take to have no more moose-vehicle collisions--total elimination of the moose.

2015-05-04 23:15

To show support for maintaining a healthy moose population for future hunting.

2015-05-17 22:25

Moose numbers have declined, vastly over the past 5yrs ,

2015-05-31 23:17

I have been hunting moose for more than forty years and I would like to continue this tradition for a few more years yet. I would also like to mention that I find it appalling to have the season open until the last of January. a cow moose as a fully developed calf inside her. to me it's not right to kill a moose at this stage.

2015-06-06 23:37

My late neibour hunted over there,and the hunt is important to newfoundland.

2015-08-16 14:26

Because I'm a huge fan of hunting moose and my family loves the meat