Save Our Moose

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Our Moose.

2016-10-20 01:45

I'm sick of stupid people who have smashed into Moose whining that they should all be killed! They are a danger to people! Stop blaming the Moose, stop blaming the government. They need to take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming the animals.

2016-10-20 14:40

Our moose numbers are down and I would like to see a heathy population for my kids to also hunt when they get older.
Moosetipper

2016-10-20 15:11

I regularily see dozens of moose in the country where I hunt.  The difference is that I get away from roads and communities.   

It's no to think that there's no moose if you're hunting like the majority of those who want to get one from the road, or don't want to get one in a place they can't bring they're bike or skidoo. 

2016-10-20 22:29

I agree with what is on it. I believe that at least 80 to 90 % of moose accidents are caused by excessive speeds, inattentiveness, being to tired/sleepy and drunk drivers .

2016-10-20 23:34

I feel that we will lose an important economic benefit to the province.

2016-10-21 01:37

Because I see the moose population is dropping I think the outfitters is cleaning up our moose because all the Bulls are gone an now they are starting on the cows I think in another year there's not going to be much moose is this area ..please put a stop to this.

2016-10-21 13:50

I think anybody that drives on any of our highways need to reduce our speed when the conditions are not ideal ,so slow down when its dark,rainning foggy ect we all know there is a possibilty of a moose crossing the highway.

2016-10-21 20:15

I want a moose population for the younger generation .

2016-10-21 21:05

Because if the research was properly done that most moose vehicle accidents are mostly caused(not all) by excessive speeding and not paying attention to the highway!!! Instead they wasted a pile of money on a so called moose sensor set up the didn't work in the first place or the fencing area in which if the moose is caught up or walks on the highway and can't get further off the side.....anymore bright ideas???

2016-10-21 23:26

our moose are getting scarce really scarce .... we can't Reduce the population any more then it is ....... Its also time to reduce the Number of license's before its to late ...... our moose population is already in trouble .....persons travelling on our highways should reduce speed at night .....

2016-10-22 00:34

because it is something that needs to be be brought to the front page

2016-10-22 03:31

I hunt and have hunted for 38 years, it's part of who I am, the meat feeds my family each winter. I have great respect for moose and would hate to see them slaughtered for the wrong reason, is that a good lesson to teach our children, if we don't understand something or can't control it to destroy it?.....

2016-10-22 15:33

The most population in my area has been drastically reduced over the last few years.

2016-10-22 16:39

Having many relatives in the eastern provinces and knowing the value of conservation and treatment of all animals not just the moose, it would be a sin to start harvesting the moose population to cut down on collisions. Start cracking down on the speeding, distracted drivers who should always be on the watch for moose, deer and any other creatures traversing the roads. The moose, deer and any other type of hunting or fishing brings in a valuable resource of income to the people of the province

2016-10-24 14:05

I still rely on moose as an important and healthy food source.The moose population is certainly in decline and I feel decimating an animal population is not the answer to road accidents.Driver education,brush cutting,fencing etc. are much better alternatives.

2016-10-27 09:47

We need a sustainable moose population for future generations to hunt.

2016-10-27 10:24

Moose population are at an all time low, regardless of what Gov't and SOPAC claims.

2016-10-31 23:06

There should be more don't too keep our moose population viable , as I am a professional guide and depending on this as a part of my livelihood,