Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona"

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstate Elvis' name on the "USS Arizona".

2016-01-04 18:41

Elvis deserves to be recognized for what he did. Let's focus on how the man lived and not how he died.

2016-01-04 19:22

He was the only one that was interested in uss Arizona.the first person to do something about it.its a disgrace that you took his name off.

2016-01-04 20:10

Elvis Aaron Presley was a fine upstanding and charitable American who deserves his name reinstated on the Plaque at the USS Arizona memorial.

2016-01-04 20:55

I'm an Elvis fan. He staged concert to finish construction for this memorial. He was the greatest entertainer ever and was always generous and respectful to his fans, We should be respectful of him. Whatever problems he may have had with drugs do not negate his contributions to the world of music and his fans.

2016-01-04 21:06

Because of what Elvis did.

2016-01-04 21:14

There are more pressing issues in this Country, you never remove a veterans name from anything. SHAME ON THEM.

2016-01-04 21:53

His name should go back on the USS Arizona.

2016-01-04 21:57

because Elvis name needs to be reinstated should never been removed. he Done a concert and donated lots of money and his name should be placed back on USS Arizona Memorial. he served his country and was a great US citizen

2016-01-04 22:00

I signed this because they should be ashamed of themselves for ever judging this man who had a heart of gold, and probably gave away as much of his money as he spent. He came from poverty and unlike many who do, he shared his wealth and gave to people from all walks of life. He was human and there are probably people who decided to take his name off who could never match up to this man and who he became. He was truly a good man just human like we all are. Like the bible says, "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" I saw him in person and followed him his whole life and even he said himself. He was just a man like everyone else, and I don't think he ever had bad intentions about anything. he ever did. If anyone deserves their name on that memorial, it i this man. That is all I have to say about this.

2016-01-04 22:00

Because Elvis helped raise funds to finish the Arizona Memorial

2016-01-04 22:32

Because elvis did so much to help people, his drugs had nothing to do with his kind heart.and nothing to do with the concert he did to finish the memorial.

2016-01-04 23:27

because elvis n his dad gave a big donation to this very important piece of history

2016-01-04 23:33

Because of Elvis and who he was and still is a LEGEND but more importantly because we have become a country that is too politically correct afraid to stand up for what's right for fear of upsetting the status quo they took his name off because of his addiction but they damn sure didn't give the money back did they? They are a bunch of pompous asses!!! OK rant over thank you for the opportunity to sign and voice my opinion

2016-01-05 00:25

Why remove hi name that is JUST A HUGE SLAP IN HIS FACE !!! He thought more of the men that were in that ship than our government did he got the ball rolling and then everybody else jumped on board.....A huge THANK YOU IS DUE TO HIM !!!!

2016-01-05 00:46

If he paid it meant he loved this country and wanted to honor those who gave their lives that day and his name should be there.
Alleged abuse of prescribed medication is not a valid reason. Take the name off and give the money back to his family if thats your reason.

2016-01-05 01:18

seriously how terrible how many on this committee drink alcohol smoke or any other habit remember without Elvis you wouldn't have ur memorial and he did his duty for his country going to take that too! really people

2016-01-05 01:20

As I am a lifelong fan for which elvis is the legend that deserves to have his name reinstated back where it belongs.

2016-01-05 01:56

Elvis Presley was the ONLY one that performed to get that memorial built. How dare anyone remove his name from the memorial. Without his dedication and devotion to the United States Military - there would be no memorial. Please note - he went into the into the United States Army at the beginning of his career. Didn't ask for special treatment - did his duty; then when he returned home he went to Hawaii and did the memorial concert to raise the money for the USS Arizona Memorial. Now, because he was seriously (SERIOUSLY) ill and was taking legally prescribed medications (all of them) he lost his life and now his name is removed from something that he was abundantly proud of doing. Shame on each of you that agreed to remove his name.

2016-01-05 02:42

Elvis' generous heart is far beyond the comprehension of these self serving beaurocrats. His kindness of spirit towards friends, strangers and causes such as the memorial far outweight his self inflicted problems. He gave away just about everything he made. I'd like to go through the lives of those that ripped his name from the tribute, I bet a lot of their antics wouldn't be pretty. Shame on them

2016-01-05 02:55

The wonderful things that a person does in his life should never be forgotten. Elvis was generous and patriotic. All his generous deeds will never be known ,because he donated to so many people and never publicized these acts, We are all human
we better hope our merits are not deleted by our mistakes.

2016-01-05 03:03

Elvis contributed so much to so many areas to remove his name is a disgrace.

2016-01-05 03:35

He was in the military and donated money to help. He deserves his name there

2016-01-05 03:44

I signed the petition because Elvis Presley contributed to saving the USS Arizona by proceeds from his concert going towards this. Elvis loved his country and had done many things in his lifetime to help people and causes in need of support. I feel this is very unfair and a disgrace to remove his name on something like this that meant a great deal to him. I am hoping that he will be recognized as being apart of this as he was and rightfully so for years. Without him it may never had happened and been saved.
BlueHawaii

2016-01-05 06:13

Elvis Presley helped raised money more than $64,000 dollars, and directed much-needed attention to the stalled efforts to build the USS Arizona Memorial. Credit should be given where it is due. His effort was purely patriotic and from his heart! Elvis Presley's name should have never been removed from the Arizona Memorial just because some politicians said so due to his alleged abuse of prescribed medication!

2016-01-05 06:23

Elvis 's name should be on the memorial, he did a lot for the memorial