Support the Tropical Wave and save Galion beach spirit

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support the Tropical Wave and save Galion beach spirit.

2016-03-01 01:03

I well understand the job of the 'reserve Naturelle' team as Christophe ENOCK, me & others were part of its creation (1990) but come on, if a 'job' as to be done PAT TURNER and his place is the last to be concerned about it !
Whats about Orient beach, Pinel... etc, do you see much 'local people' in those places... NO (Forbidden, but not officially...)
at least PAT accept EVERY body with kindness for almost 40 years now, so give him a chance, he really deserve it !
Franck Muller
Le Moulin Bakery, Grd Case
The Big Kahuna

#52 Re:

2016-03-03 17:31

#51: -  

Thanks for your kind words Franck

palmrat

#53 Tropical wave

2016-03-03 20:11

clean, well looked after and a pleasure to visit. Good luck Pat. It will be a shame to see what happens to the beach without your stewardship to keep it "natural". Forgive them for they know not what the do. X

2016-03-04 18:18

Patrick has busted his hump to provide something wonderful for St. Martin. He is the only one who is doing anything to beautify Le Galion. The rest of the beach, except for the part the Patrick keeps up, is quite the pig sty and eyesore. The locals come on weekends and holidays and leave the beach as a garbage pit and Patrick and his crew keep their section of the beach spotless. It would be a travesty to take away Patrick's hard work that has really been most of his life's work. Sure take down the broken buildings and leave the nice part, Tropical Wave, alone. AND if Patrick is allowed to stay and he is forced to pay what the newspaper is talking about he will go completely bankrupt. He is giving people jobs and those jobs are supporting families instead of people taking social money. I've been windsurfing at Le Galion for 37 years and it sure is nice to be able to get good food and drinks without having to lug a big cooler. It seems to me that this is just a land grab in order to extract money from one hard working individual who actually contributes to the island. Look what has happened to all the little places next to Pedros. Who can ever afford those rents that are being charged. And they want to do the same thing to Patrick. Such an abomination. And let the kite borders back too. They bother no one and the kiters clean up after themselves which can't be said for the weekend locals.

2016-03-05 22:43

We have spent 15 years in St Martin and many days at Tropical Wave at Le Galion with our families. Patrick is an excellent steward of this island resource and Tropical Wave is an excellent example of the culture of the French side of the island. Please preserve this wonderful island spot for future visitors to enjoy, support and appreciate.

2016-03-06 17:40

The people who take care of and run the tropical wave area do a great job. You see families with small children playing in the calm water.
The conservation dept wants to remove that, but will not do anything to the local people who dump their garbage all over the beach.

Also let the kite boarders have access to the souther half of the bay,  a sign can be placed 100 meters south of the wind surfing operation that states no kiteboarding anywhere north of this point in the whole bay to keep the kite boarders away from the public beach area and wind surfers.  If they go to close to the swimmers at the beach than you can ask them to leave. 

I am a Kiteboarder, La Galion is the best kiteboarding place on the island,  Orient Beach is too crowded to mix kite boarders and beach patrons.

I have  met many kiteboarding tourists who really enjoyed kiteboarding in La Galion only to be chased away by the park police, and probably won't come back to the island,  Cuba has fantastic kiteboarding area's that are becoming popular,

St Martin will be dismissed as a place to go by the kiteboarding community and the country will loose a lot of tourist revenue. kiteboarding is the fastest growing water sport now.

I personally have been coming to St Martin for over 20 years to kite, I spend around 3000.00 dollars for my two week visits sometimes twice a year,  if it does not change,  because of the restrictions at La Galion I will probably look at going kiteboarding in another country.

I find it quite ironic that when I was kiting a park police office told me I had to leave that kiteboarding was not allowed at La Galion,  when I asked him why he stated the it was a "nature preserve and that the kites bother the birds, "  I asked him how all the garbage that the locals dump on the beach benefit the wild life at the preserve, he agreed it is pathetic, last year there was actually a old refrigerator dumped at the beach!

I wonder what the real motivation is behind the attempt to restrict all acces to La Gallion,  maybe some people want to get rich by kicking everyone out and being (bought off) by a large resort chain.

Thanks.

2016-03-15 21:26

This place needs to be saved

2016-03-16 20:59

We have never missed a visit to Galion Beach and Tropical Wave restaurant in 15 years. It is a local treasure and should be left to continue as is.

2016-03-17 22:57

Been enjoying Galion Beach and Pat turner's humor for 35 years. Save St.Martin.

2016-03-18 00:52

I have enjoyed Galion Beach and Pat Turner's humor for 35 years. Save St.Martin.

2016-03-25 04:08

love the beach.

2016-04-06 21:41

It's our favorite on the island.
leelex

2016-04-06 22:55

It is so perfect the way it is....there are enough places for tourists to go, but here you get a true taste of the Island and wonderful food besides.

2016-04-06 23:33

I have lived in St. Martin for 29yrs.,and I met Pat on the beach when I arrived ,to me he is Galion Beach <3

2016-04-07 01:09

There is no place I would rather spend my holidays then le gallion beach at the tropical wave . The food is superb and so very special !!!!!! The service and smiles make you feel like you are among family . There would be no reason to spend my vacations in st marten if not for Patrick turner and his dog Bella at the tropical wave at gallion beach !!!!! Please do not take away soemthing so perfect and needed on your im beautiful island !

#66 Save Tropical Wave

2016-04-12 11:10

I have been traveling to St Martin for the last 30 years and I always go to Le Galion to enjoy the beach and local atmosphere. Pat Turner was my 1st friend on the island and thought me to windsurf as a teenager. Save the Tropiical Wave as it means a lot to all who visit the island. 

2016-04-16 22:35

I live on the island for 42 years and it's my home that i have seen changing too much already.

2016-04-23 11:41

Pat Turner has dedicated his life to the sustainment and improvement of this spot. My first trip to this spot was in 1979. over the years my family have come to St. Marten to come to this spot specifically to enjoy Patrick's wonderful Tropical Wave facilities and warm and friendly service. 37 years later - here I am again.. Still so beautiful- don't take this away.. Heather

2016-05-01 21:26

Patrick has made this a family friendly beach for over 35 years. His contribution should not be discarded.

2016-05-02 10:48

What some may not know is that Pat was shot and almost killed by a robber on this beach in 1980. It took 4 surgeries in 3 countries to save his life. Pat has a history with this place that cannot be erased. No one will ever care for or maintain this beach for visitors better than he has these last nearly 40 years. To uproot him would be totally unjust.

2016-05-02 11:39

This is one of the nicest places in the Caribbean. We have been there many times and intend to make this a stop the next time we are in the islands. Mr. Turner and his staff are always welcoming and eager to make your stay most enjoyable. And the food is wonderful!

2016-05-03 15:09

Galion beach should stay.

2016-05-03 15:41

He worked hard to make it what it has become and should not be over ridden by a government decree without representation.

2016-05-03 20:09

For Fairness & Justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-05-03 23:29

BECAUSE TROPICAL WAVE NEEDS TO STAY AND BE THE STEWARD OF THE BEACH KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS THAT IS WHY ITS SO SPECIAL AND CHERISHED .KEEP OUR ISLAND CLEAN AND SAFE.