keep weekly bin collections

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition keep weekly bin collections.

2016-11-09 18:26

It is my understanding that our Council Tax is not to be decreased in reflection of this reduced service, and rather that it is likely to increase next year. It is wholly unacceptable to expect the residents of Plymouth to have their services cut without a reduction in the associated costs. No other service provider would expect to carry out less work for the same, or greater cost, so why should Plymouth City Council be any different?

2016-11-10 15:59

Don't want rubbish around the house it will smell in the summer

2016-11-10 17:35

We pay enough Council Tax which includes refuse collection, if they're cutting the colllections they should cut the council tax too! Not to mention the health hazards of rubbish left lying around for two weeks!!

2016-11-11 07:57

We are 4 in our household and the brown bin is full ever week

2016-11-11 12:03

We have a brilliant service in Plymouth, our refuse collectors are really brilliant, happy and smiling. The service is second to none and emptying the household waste weekly and the recycling bins fortnightly keeps any smells down and any refuse from lying around. The present system has worked very well, why change it?

2016-11-11 19:28

When this idea was used before it did not work, bins were full of maggots and overflowing

2016-11-13 18:43

My parents currently have 2 weekly bin collections as they live in the south hams. Them and there neighbours have maggots in there brown bins in the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said! I pay for a service which goes up each year. Unless they are reducing our council tax our service should remain the same!

2016-11-14 15:07

It will cost more to clear up flytipping than keeping the weekly collections

2016-11-14 17:08

Bins in families with children must be emptied every week

2016-11-14 17:40

Because both myself and my wife are disabled and find it very difficult when the bins are full to find someone to take the excess to the tip for us so if collection is moved to two weeks then im not sure where the rubbish will end.up.

2016-11-14 18:02

I pay council tax for this, it should be as frequently as possible.
Chimp

2016-11-14 18:13

Dont know what all the fuss is about - if you recycle well, there is no need to have bins collected once a week.  We are a family of four and i put one black sack in the brown bin each week.  As we have the largest bins you can get i could actually only have it collected every three weeks.  We fill the green bin every two weeks but with some effort could probably go three weeks as well.

2016-11-15 18:11

Because there would be rubbish stacked high on bins and what cannot be put in bins would end up on the pavements which would encourage rats, seagulls, cats etc. Fly tipping would increase.
If the council can supply bins and portaloos to the travelers when ever they turn up they should be able to carry on with normal weekly bin collections.

2016-11-15 21:17

Because I would like to keep weekly bin collections. I have a family and a pretty full bin each week plus a full recycling green bin every fortnight

2016-11-16 09:12

In order to persuade Plymouth City Council to continue with weekly bin collections in Plymouth, and not change to fortnightly (which has been announced) and which would result in rubbish strewn streets, fly tipping, and overflowing bins, particularly as Plymouth is a heavily populated University Student town.

2016-11-16 10:46

My concerns are for the large families who will just not have sufficient space in current bins and we definitely do not want even more bins allocated to accommodate extra waste. Full waste bins are foul smelling as it is without leaving for another week, plus this would attract flies thus spreading germs, then we would have more sickness which wouldn't help already over stretched NHS.

2016-11-16 15:01

Plymouth streets are already covered with rubbish. This move will make a bad situation much worse.

2016-11-16 20:18

It is the only way the Tory party can manage things by cutting the service. That is why there is so many problems in the Country today, NHS Prisons and Education to name a few.

2016-11-16 22:35

Shocked and horrified the brown bin collection will be fortnightly as mine is full after a week. What will happen when it's overflowing .... Cats Seagulls Rats!

2016-11-16 23:47

Because we are not being told the truthful reason for this change. My belief is that figures are plucked from thin air regarding recycling. Do they really want me to believe that they stick their heads in every dustbin to see if there is recyclable items in the bin. It is time the body which is proporting this change should get off their fat butts and took on the companies which cause all the rubbish when we buy products.I have been told that the new incinerator has not got enough rubbish to keep it going Is this true?

2016-11-17 17:14

Signed because we pay one of the highest council taxes in UK . If the council cannot balance the books using a very high revenue then questions should be asked about where it is being spent . I have been led to believe that certain pensions are subsidized by council taxes , in my view that aspect if indeed that is the case should not be subsidized by tax payers

2016-11-17 18:21

St Boniface Drive & Close have problems now with the tenants in the flats,and rented property leaving the black bags out on the pavement.Some of the properties aren't allowed brown/green bins due to the access to the properties....Seagulls and cats ripping the bags to pieces...We have had letters from 'First Port.Property Services,highlighting this problem...
It might be good idea if all the councillors drove up Embankment Road (opposite the shops)on a collection day....Brown rubbish in with the green and vice-versa...Some weeks it doesn't get collected...
Will the council be issuing Rat Poison when we get over run wth them...
I only have a small green/brown bin,do we get the changed free of charge to the large variety...

2016-11-17 22:36

We pay our Council Tax! You give us our weekly bin collection!

2016-11-18 14:32

weekly bin collections help keep Plymouth healthy and tidy.

2016-11-18 16:02

Litter is already a big problem in Plymouth, fly tipping is also a regularly seen problem, are the council trying to make this worse? Refuse should be a priority for health and safety, environmental and social reasons. We are being absolutely robbed by our council tax. Haven't they made enough money from all the speed cameras they've put up?