Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Showing Students' Response towards UTP Curfew after 1am.

:D

2011-12-11 18:07

curfew's good, it gives more the reasons for the students to spend more time out at night, maybe making out at some nearby hotels (you can't deny there are some good hotels nearby), have some romantic nights strolling at the beach (yeah man, there are a lot of beach nearby as well), partying whole night(some might enjoy it), get wasted, then only back the next day in the morning after the curfew =)

What i really want to say is that this petty curfew can do no crap in preventing the students from committing the so called gejala maksiat, it only prevents the other students from taking some break off studies and hangout at the nearby mamak stalls or maybe get some ramly burgers or 7-11 food after a stressful night of study...

p/s: if i ain't mistaken, eating mamak and getting fat, not going on a diet should not be considered as gejala maksiat huh? if that's the case then i'm sinned man, SINNED D: oh btw if you guys are going to talk about hot pants issue do talk it somewhere else or open another petition for that, i don't think wearing hot pants and thinking it disrespect or thinking it as a source of seduction is not the issue here huh, there are a lot of long pant long skirt boys and girls going out after 1am and have some fun or some stress relieve as well :3

Petronas

#52 =)

2011-12-11 18:29

Well said enough, UTP is deteriorating in terms of prerogative of freedom. Most of us are 21 and we know how to shit in the toilet or eat with fork and spoon, we do not need to be told to wear our own underwear or pants. Please do not be so naive thinking that curfew would curb or alleviate the "maksiat" problem =) We are not as oblivious as you, at least we know what is right and wrong, I am definitely sure most of us are smarter than YOU(you know who you are *the one who complained to the management) and better than you in sports and academic, so please respect us. (Definitely holier than you) We are here to STUDY and SCORE FIRST CLASS HONORS and NOT MESSING AROUND WITH PEOPLES LIFE. DON't YOU HAVE FYPs, FYDPs to do? I personally think that you should spend more time studying or getting better grades in your exams rather than giving stupid opinions and I am definitely sure, your grades aren't that good either, Your parents would be sad and your sponsor would be disappointed with you if they see you spending your precious time doing nonsense rather than STUDYING. Plus to #25 please do not be racist ok, mentioning races, so what if they wear short pants, don't you know what most of them score Higher grades and earn more money than you, and i am definitely sure that their behavior is much better than you and at least they know what is appreciation= meaning to say they are in UTP to STUDY hard and score well so that they do not disappoint their sponsors and parents, What about you? wasting your time doing craps. and wearing short pants does not mean they are sluts and if you cannot bare seeing them why not you just stay in your room and study (lock your room).
Thank you =) hopefully this get into your mind or else i don't understand why Petronas even sponsor you.

2011-12-11 18:36

disagreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2011-12-11 18:36

i object this idea of curfew because we dont have cafes that operates 24 hours.Next, after late night studies we relax ourself at near by restaurants by watching tv. That is our only entertainment. We are in a remote area so i dont see the point of having curfew. If we are located in middle of KL city i agree. But not in this situation. Thank you.
Petronas

#55 =)

2011-12-11 18:37

also if you think that your so called "hot pants" can stimulate you, LOL i have nothing to say seriously hahahaha ( i don't wanna further elaborate cause you know what i wanna say and it will embarrass you) , Oh yeah, you are 21 right? Please control your libido, i don't wanna see my friends kena rape or molest for wearing "hot pants" (because of you guys who said hot pants can trigger maksiat)

2011-12-11 18:42

talking about the curfew its not going to reduce any of the indecent act by couples because this actually encourages them to stay out longer and get involve in wrong activity if they are unable to return by 1am.. they might choose to stay out and get deviated. Then the university name will be on hang. thats even worst. Lets not try to improvise but actually we are goin backways.. Lets be as how it is. thank you

2011-12-11 19:00

When i entered UTP, I was amazed about the culture and as well the hardworking students. At night studying anywhere.. Even a friend of mine studies at the mosque. Besides studies, they even prepare for events and played sports.. I use to go over to cafe and form a study group.. If you were to take away that privilege, i bet with you that people are gonna do bad for exams.

We know limits. We do not harm others and things like that. We are already mature.

Some of us are football fans, we want to watch matches at mamak since there is little place for us to watch like in V5 cafe and V1 cafe...

Another thing,
there is a person that write about Chinese girls and about sluts. Please, you are condemning yourself in public and also show that you are stupid. If you want to express your feelings, do not do it as an insult. Nothing is achieved through insults and violence. It only makes things worse..
Guna Vickneswary

2011-12-11 19:01

dont want curfew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's really troubling the students..... all of us are above 18 and we all matured enough to take care of our self...!!!!
UTP student who only know this this morning

#59 Re:

2011-12-11 19:04

#15: -

eeee... so about your curfew, you will only lock utp main gate, or lock every blok of hostel or put a barrier in every village?

however, i still think it is illogical to have curfew in utp after 1am. how about if the student reach utp at 2am from home, so he/she need call security to open the door for him/her, then closed it? or you all plan to let the student sleep on street? how about student who is tension about their studies/assignments in midnight, can't the come out from their hostel to get a breath of fresh air? how about student who feel hungry in midnight, utp cafe close early nowadays, can't they go mamak or you want them to suffer from gastric? how about student who need help in studies, so they need to go their seniors / batchmates room to learn? how about people who suddenly attacked by emergency diseases (such as heart attack, appendices) if any delay of treatment causing his/her death, will utp be responsible? how about people who have a call from family telling that emergencies happened and need to go back home at midnight? how about the international students who cant really adapt to the time zone of malaysia?

based on your "However, you all are just the minority group that disagree with this decision.". I think it just because of UTP student didn't know about it or you never tell it, you should have make a prior notice, implement it in trial and see the response OR you can ask the management to conduct a poll to see the student reactions towards this matters. Then, only truly implement this rule in UTP with adaptions. I think this will be the win-win situations.

#60 Re: Re: Re: guest

2011-12-11 19:08

#41: - Re: Re: guest

Dude.. How do you want to change the mentality of people? It makes matters worse by accusing people and also insulting them. If you are against curfew, then just against it. Dont bring out insults. It shows also how good the uni students are. This is public, and is can be seen by other people from other places. If you are smart enough not to kill your uni, then i advise you to lay low now.. And how much i want to insult you for your stupidity and insults, I ask nicely. =]

2011-12-11 19:10

fggdffgsgfgdg

2011-12-11 19:13

In a group project, we might need to burn midnight oil with our group members to discuss about the project. If there is curfew, we can't have discussion till late without having to sleep at corridors.

Locking the entrances of our hostel is dangerous too. If there is an fire, it is important for us to rush out immediately. We do not want to wait till the guard comes to open the door. Lives are being trap in the building!!
commentator... lol

#63 Re: guest

2011-12-11 19:14

#29: - guest

"also to those chinese girls, please respect others by wearing proper attire here in utp. y u always wear hotpants? want to be a slut huh?"

this sentence from yours is really stereotyping and discrimination. errr. if "HOT PANTS = SLUT", then KL will be a Slut city...z

and btw, i think hot pants and curfew is not related right?

Anonymous

2011-12-11 19:17

i think utp should improve their management 1st before interfering in students affair.and we students are matured enough to tc of ourselves.we are not some primary school kids who needs to be disciplined.

Anonymous

2011-12-11 19:24

i think this is soooooooooooo ridiculous!

#66 Concerned student

2011-12-11 19:38

UTP,

We are students. Not prisoners. And yes public uni does such rules. But so far UTP have a very low crime rate. No raping, no sex, little stealing, no fights. So to be honest, you are doing well. But if you implement this, students will go furious. So please help us..

2011-12-11 19:39

Please dont put up gates at entrance to hostels.. V5 girls are worried.. >

2011-12-11 19:48

this not the way to implement things. why the administration never discussed this things with the student representatives first? where r our right?

#69 Re: =)

2011-12-11 19:49

#52: Petronas - =)

nice,

", don't you know what most of them score Higher grades and earn more money than you, and i am definitely sure that their behavior is much better than you and at least they know what is appreciation= meaning to say they are in UTP to STUDY hard and score well so that they do not disappoint their sponsors and parents"

again, my argument is hotpant and respect norms. not about libido or whatnot. yes, talk about good grade is one thing.

you may excel in your grades, but u have no ethics.

fyi, i am definately not like you who doing craps here in campus. i contributed a lot. on the field as well in acedemics.

i dont need to impress you btw. petronas have their own reason why they sponsored me. got problem with that?=p

2011-12-11 20:00

University students should be allowed control of their own responsibilities. It is part of growing up. Control in this manner will only make students more prone to committing irresponsible acts when they are in the working world. This in itself is more detrimental.

2011-12-12 04:15

I wounder if academic and research reputation speak more about "nama baik UTP" or the student dressing? Can I know what is his definition about "pergaulan bebas"? I think he must knows the different about knowing new friends and "pergaulan bebas".

#72 Re: Re: =)

2011-12-12 04:16

#69: - Re: =)

Wah... Damn great weh... Seriously, form insults, to self praise.. No wonder people nowadays attitude deteriote.. But really, dont la attack people.. not nice... ok?? at least apologise for the chinese girls whom you called sluts??? They are not bounded by such rules. Not like us.. Even us dont condemn people...

#73 Re: Re: =)

2011-12-12 04:30

#69: - Re: =)

then you with ethics deserve to call people slut? is there norms to insult people?

2011-12-12 05:59

How i'm going to eat at mamak after 1am if this curfew things happened. Totally No curfew.

2011-12-12 06:17

To implement this curfew will just tear down UTP's status as an international friendly university that produces all-rounded students. It makes UTP high school-like, beats the purpose of training uni students to be independent, makes it harder for good students to have inter-sex group assignment/projects, and is no help to the initial purpose of stopping social illness.

Instead of coming back late nights, or loitering around uni grounds getting steamy in the dark corners, these people will simply stayed out of uni after curfew will simply come back in the morning, which is worse. It benefits only the nearby homestay and not at all beneficial to the students or the university.

On the other hand, if it's normal dating, a couple holding hands and walking around at night, well, we ARE uni students. What in the world is wrong with that????