STOP HASBRO FROM CORRUPTING KIDS WITH TOYS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP HASBRO FROM CORRUPTING KIDS WITH TOYS.

An Angel

#226 Uhh....wow.

2013-07-16 18:50

I'm pretty sure the Bible isn't telling you to protest against a long living toy legacy. If you have a problem with these words, you have a problem with the English language, not Hasbro. And good luck in changing the former, too.

Really. You want to change the world for the better? Stop being an idiot. Go give to charity. Volunteer in your community. Sit down and talk with your kids and listen to them. Or shut up. That works too.
Get Your Facts Straight

#227 Re: Oh for the love of god...

2013-07-16 21:58

#51: Mom in the US - Oh for the love of god...

I agree with this mom, but allow me to actually comment on these other 'examples' you gave.

---

Thundercracker - In no way is this seeking to make any form of racial slurr. The name here is referring to the character's ability within the cartoon and comics to make artificial SONIC BOOMS. 'Thunder' like a storm and 'cracker' in reference of the sound a sonic boom makes much like a whip being cracked in the air.

Acid Storm - A storm composed of rain, snow, fog or mist that has been incorporated with acidic compounds.

Brawl - For this one, I agree with mom above.

Blackout - Racist, hm? Let me give you some other examples of the term 'blackout'; A period when all lights must be turned out or covered to prevent them being seen by the enemy during an air raid; Dark curtains put up in windows to cover lights during an air raid; A cutoff of electrical power, especially as a result of a shortage, a mechanical failure, or overuse by consumers; The sudden extinguishment of all stage lights in a theater to indicate the passage of time or to mark the end of an act or scene; A temporary loss of memory or consciousness. And those are just a few among many. And lady, the character is a bad guy because the theme is a war being fought between GOOD and EVIL. Yes. There are going to be bad guys.

Blitzwing - While you do have the correct definition for Blitz here, it is only one of MANY definitions that fit. Such as;Football A sudden charge upon the quarterback by one or more of the linebackers or defensive backs when the ball is snapped. Also called red-dog; bingo; and Blitz is a derivitive from the german word blitzkrieg whose literal translation means lightening.

Cliffjumper - The name or term "Cliffjumper" refers to more than one character or idea.

Inferno - An intense fire. A heated place. A REFERNECE TO FIRE BECAUSE THE CHARACTER TRANSFORMS INTO A FIRETRUCK TO COMBAT FIRE HAZARDS.

Knockout - A term or reference FIRST USED in the sport of boxing when one's opponent fails to rise within the specified time. A term used to declare a winner by which a knock out provided the means of winning.

Roadblock - I can't even begin to understand the stupidity of this one. Block sounds like black? Really? If that's the case why don't we just assume that bleak, Blake and bloke are all hidden racism words as well? Allow me to educate you on what a roadblock is; a temporary installation set up to control or block traffic along a road; a road barricade set up especially by law enforcement officers; an obstruction in a road; something that prevents accomplishment of an objective; a tactic used by law enforcement to prevent the fleeing of criminals.

---

You obviously did not care to research your facts. Perhaps you will keep this in mind the next time you attempt to 'enlighten' the rest of us for the 'safety' of America.

2013-07-16 23:40

SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JAEGER
Hasbro

2013-07-22 20:46

Greetings, mere human.

I am the head of Hasbro. As my 'corporate lackeys' have evidently failed to stop your endeavors, I am forced to personally intervene.

So I will say this once and once only:
Do NOT take legal action against us.
Do NOT inform unsuspecting humans of our malevolent attempts to corrupt them.
Do NOT cease buying our products for your child, as the money helps fund our evil deeds.
And above all, Do NOT inform any of the races concerned of our actions, until we have turned the Western World against them in order to continue with our plans.

You have been warned.

Thank you.

Seriously, thanks for the laughs.
Soundwave

#230 Even Soundwave agrees

2013-07-29 00:28

Argument:Invalid.
Suggestion: Seek assistance before I blare high frequency waves as my name so suggests.
WhipLash

2013-07-29 20:16

well if we go by your logic than I will have to change my designation. Seriously I hope not all you squishes are this stupid

#232 Dreadwing

2013-08-08 18:59

I hope you're just trolling and not serious... because if this is for real then Primus help us all. Get a life, fleshling.
Anonymous Female

#233 I Vote for Antarctica!

2013-08-09 20:37

I feel the need to apologize for this woman's stupidity. I'm sorry that you all had to read this. I truly am.

On a different note; We need to figure out where to place our Village Idiots. Any suggestions?

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2013-08-29 04:08

2013-10-08 20:10

2013-10-09 04:19

2013-10-10 02:07

2013-10-10 14:25

2013-10-12 01:13

2013-10-12 14:32

2013-10-13 21:20

Agent 113

2013-11-09 01:56

What the hell? This is stupid. I have collected these toys for years, and not once has their names ever seem offensive to me. Their names are chosen to sound cool, so they will appeal to kids.
Ramjet

2013-11-09 02:21

I 100% agree with you, oh wise and knowledgable human. Hasbro must be stopped from making these toys that corrupt our youth, I will stop buying these immediately and start collecting US stamps.
Agent 113

#244 Re:

2013-11-09 02:25

#243: Ramjet -

Yet your name alludes to ramming jets into things, maybe people.

(Hes kidding people. I know him, and hes messing around.)

Ramjet

#245 Re: Re:

2013-11-09 02:33

#244: - Re:  

Watcha mean? I don't ram anythin, especially tanks!
MR TALENT SCOUT

#246 Re: Re: Re:

2013-11-09 20:05

#32: Knockout - Re: Re:  

You are a great comedian! You should become a professional!
A Brit who doesn't see conspiracy everywhere

#247 What kind of person really reads this stuff into the names of toys?

2013-11-13 17:24

To the petition instigator,

You *do* know most of the names you have quoted have been used on Transformers toys for over two decades don't you? May I suggest you actually look up the characters on http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page and understand their names before you go any further with this folly? You know before you get concerned that Optimus Prime is a plot to reintroduce the use of Latin.

Thundercracker for instance is a jet who jets his name from his special ability of creating a deafening sonic boom that sounds like thunder, which interferes with the hearing of others, hence being called Thundercracker. Hate to think what you make of his team mates Starscream, Skywarp, Dirge, Ramjet and Thrust...

Acid Storm is named for an early Transformers cartoon character who created acid rain on Cybertron as a weapon. As for the 420, where is this on any of the 3 Acid Storm toys, or the animation of him in 1985? You have clearly made that up, to assist your delusion.

Brawl is a brawler... He's a melee soldier who like loud noises and destroying things, hence being a bad guy... You realise Transformers is a story about two factions of characters in a civil war, right?

Blackout has nothing to do with racism, well apart from the fact all Decepticons see non-Cybertronians as inferior beings. Actual his special ability is to knock out electric and electronic systems in a wide radius, so effectively causing a blackout aka a power failure. Why are you reading more than that into it?

Blitzwing is a triple changer with a jet mode and a tank mode... Thus Blitzwing... with no other connotations... Go on try it with another of the triple changers, Astrotrain who transforms into a train and a space shuttle...

Cliffjumper - to be honest I have no idea why the character was called this, but he's been named that since his first toy release in 1984... so I don't see how it's an issue now... I guess you have a problem with the Lemmings computer/video game too?

Inferno - seriously, are you that uninformed? He's a FIRE ENGINE... He is an Autobot hero who puts out fires and saves humans from fires...

Knockout - ever thought this might have something to do with the sport of boxing? Or perhaps knocking out bricks in a demolition project? No?

Roadblock (actually a Transformer too) because he has a tendency to ... block roads.

I don't know what your agenda is or how you managed to read such meanings into the character names, but if you actually think these things you really need to look at how you are perceiving the world around you.

Did it not occur to you that the actual original meanings of these names/terms might have been appropriate rather than the skewed and ridiculous colloquial slang terms?

Perhaps next time you get on your high horse, you should do some actual bloody research and have a clue about what you are talking about. For instance did you know Cliffjumper was vocalised by Casey Casem?

Why do I also get the feeling that you had a problem with Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers due to you thinking it had something to do with 11th September 2001 rather than the books written during the second world war.

Or perhaps you have a problem with Daleks as they are like Nazis? Newsflash - they are supposed to be that was the point, to shine a light on how ridiculous the Nazis were.

So please, yes feel free to waste your money on a lawyer who is probably laughing at you behind your back, as frankly you are wasting your time on a set of trivialities.
Skywarp

2013-12-18 23:50

By shiny Cybertron, leave my trine-mate out of your nonsense! Go be a geek somewhere else. Make fun of Screamer or something. Did you know he's encouraging children to be... I think the humans call it gay? Is that what you call it when you're getting "secretly" fragged by a shuttle? Anyway, LEAVE TEECEE ALONE!
fabuinwmv

#249 bcgai

2013-12-31 01:37

hbnmkvucq

#250 rssjk

2013-12-31 04:21