Support CT National Dragway

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Support CT National Dragway.

2014-11-03 11:53

This will a good thing and will bring a few jobs and some needed money

2014-11-03 16:58

Hope it happens!

2014-11-03 19:06

Connecticut needs a drag strip very badly.

2014-11-06 21:35

I strongly support the Connecticut National Dragway.
In a world where virtual reality is at epidemic proportion this facility would provide an opportunity for professional competitors, "home-grown" automotive enthusiasts and tomorrow's competitors (as well as would-be engineers and technicians) to participate in a truly unique "hands-on" activity. Beyond the obvious business and financial benefits (it would be THE facility for RI, CT and most of Mass) the planned facility would encourage interest in a highly technical activity which cannot be safely (or lawfully) engaged in otherwise.
The unlawful behavior of car enthusiasts is an obvious problem reduced historically by the availability of a drag strip for "testing and tuning". I believe that the number of these potential "street racers" that would embrace a local drag strip is alone very significant- perhaps huge.
As an engineering instructor I am constantly using automotive references, particularly race car features, to illustrate concepts to mechanical engineering students. Since virtually all non-stock cars seen at a drag-racing facility are highly engineered, built and inspected by people who must be knowledgeable the implication to encouraging technical education is obvious. The social component is also significant: mentor-student relationships are a big aspect of drag racing and can be key to educating and influencing young people.
Please note that a significant difference between drag racing and other auto racing (such as sports car) is cost: drag racing is far more accessible to the average citizen- classes include even the stock (or mildly modified) "family grocery-getter"- with the technical principles the same regardless of performance level. Many local businesses will be created and grow by also filling the technical needs of the market created by highly competitive participants.
The overall concept also focuses upon family fun with an emphasis upon participation- I can't imagine any other venue that more enables family members to run a car on an official race track at such low risk and cost. A visit to a track such as Lebanon Valley Dragway clearly demonstrates both the family aspect and how average people can build and race a car at relatively low cost. Most people are there (on non-event days) not as spectators but are actually running a car- regardless of how fast/slow, new/old, expensive/cheap, etc. and it always seems crowded with cars and drivers.
Lastly, the success of this facility sends the message that Connecticut, in areas such as this, is proactively looking forward outside "the box"- a very refreshing stance with much wider business implications.
I am certain that the Connecticut National Dragway will be highly successful and I am looking forward to the opening of its doors. -Paul Mileski

2014-11-09 13:13

We have to go to New Hampshire or upstate New York for the races. I think this should have been done years ago. I hope it goes through.

2014-11-09 22:04

lets get it done

2014-11-10 01:44

This will keep the streets safer and give the young men and woman that are interested in automobile ( and we the older generation) we can interact and share our hobbies with place to go out and safely race the automobiles and keep it off the street . And hopefully make some money for our communities

2014-11-10 14:11

Ct needs a track to stop all the street racing maybe 1/4 mile would be best but we'll take any drag track in ct this is a great idea

2014-11-10 14:20

Fantastic idea!!!

2014-11-10 14:22

Let's make it happen And have some fun.

2014-11-13 22:17

Connecticut NEEDS a drag strip. It will allow the drag racers an opportunity to race in a controlled environment, rather than on the streets of CT. It also means that they won't need to make long trips to go to other states and race. Just think of the financial benefits to the towns in and around the drag strip. It's been too long coming and I hope it happens SOON.

2014-11-16 02:37

Save me a drive and keep my money in Connecticut.

2014-11-16 15:38

Financially, this would be great for the town and the state!!
The sooner we get this facility, the better!!!
R Adams

2014-11-17 16:54

Give the kids a safer place to race get them off our streets we're family's are driving. They need an outlet. Plus it would be cool to bring my kids to a show.

2014-11-28 14:19

I've only seen pictures of my fathers dragster (old slingshot style) and some of his funny cars, I would want nothing more than to be there when my father can relive his racing days and see the next generation of dragsters in his home state.

2014-11-30 03:42

Lets get it done !!!

2014-12-01 06:19

A quarter mile drag strip would attract much more spectators and racers, and would make more money. I sure hope that if you get this track up and running, that a year later, you will turn it into a 1/4 mile drag strip!!!

2014-12-01 15:15

Very worthy cause

2014-12-01 15:49

I am not local to this track but there are guys on the Chevelle forum that are! have to support them!

2014-12-08 15:18

The vast amount of old iron that has been trapped in Connecticut garages is ready for this Awakening!! My friends and I are ready and willing to help get this project done!!

2014-12-09 22:50

This is great! Been too long in coming. Wish we never lost the 1/4 mi. track we had at Ct dragway.

2014-12-10 00:00

Ct needs this raceway.

2014-12-17 04:32

Awesome to have a Track so Close Again.. Remember the Conn Dragway when I was a kid such a good time.. Cant wait to run the track withy 71 Torino Drag Car....

2014-12-20 14:18

we need a dragstrip badly. its been far to long since they shutdown the colchester site. decades! lets do this ! we know it will be a hit.

2014-12-22 03:30

i would like to see more input from jd on the site. even if its to say hello. no news of any kind is frustrating.