Stop electronic cigarette prohibition in New York

/ #41

2014-04-07 01:02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern,

As a New York State and Onondaga County resident,I strongly oppose bill S6939-2013 or any other bill that would ban or apply sin taxes on e-liquid sales, here in New York State. I also oppose any bill that restricts vaping in public places.

A former smoker of thirty years, I'm no longer inhaling tar or countless toxic chemicals into my body. After several failed attempts at quitting smoking using traditional methods, vaping has saved my life.

Why isn't the state focused on banning cigarettes? They're the real killers here, not e-liquid.

Numerous people have committed suicide as a direct result from taking Chantex. Also, why is it accceptable for New York state to provide nicotine patches and gum as quitting tools for smokers but vaping nicotine e-liquid, is not.

I must also note that not all e-liquid contains nicotine.

It's unsettling to me that New York state is suggesting what I'm doing now, is more harmful than smoking real cigarettes.

The information outlined in the s6939 bill is outdated, incorrect and frankly, disturbing.

In conclusion, I will be contacting my local representives, requesting they vote no on these bills.

Sincerely,
Anne Sojewicz