PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

/ #357 356

2014-04-13 15:00

With regards to the above mentioned post, I have read the posting above, and have not found one that could be described as "a rant space"
As for the other comments, I for one, also a member of this parish, am not aware of ' disgusting behaviour' or 'threatening behaviour' or 'borderline criminal actions'? so I respectfully suggest that if you have proof of any, either, bring it to the attention of the Parish Council, or like me, they will probably suggest you contact the Police

I have never witnessed any such actions, but perhaps, feelings are not naturally running high, as a lot of residents want to keep their way of life, and parents who attend Tunstall School want to make it better. The difference is, the way KCC have and are going about this, which is leading neighbour against neighbour

There should have been adequate consultation with residents BEFORE funding was obtained in July 2013. Why did KCC not carry out their consultation prior to September or October. There are any number of inaccurate statements within the application documents, so many people will find different things at different times

With regards to your posting, I take personal offence at these comments, as someone who is not against the school, nor if necessarily against relocation, but against KCC using land that is an ILCG, despite their ownership. That does not make it right. Many people have suggested that "it has always been earmarked for a school. No, it was purchased in the 1960's for an Agricultural College. In 1985 KCC approached SBC to ask what their view would be for a school, and I quote
"I SHOULD PERHAPS PREFACE MY COMMEBTS BY SAY THAT I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO EVALUATE A SCHEME SUCH AS THIS WHEN THERE IS NO INDICATION OF THE NEED FOR A NEW SCHOOL SITE OR THE REASONS FOR PROPOSING THIS PARTICULAR SITE. THE PRESENT SCHOOL IS SITUATED IN THE CENTRE OF THE VILLAGE AND IS BASED IN AN ATTRACTIVE BUILDING WHICH CONTRIBUTES TO THE CHARACTER AND ATTRACTIONS OF THE CONSERVATION AREA
THIS SITE IS SITUATED ON THE TUNSTALL ROAD WHICH IS A BUSY CLASSIFIED ROAD LINKING TO THE SOUTH OF SITTINGBOURNE. THERE ARE NO FOOTWAYS AND FORWARD VISABILITY FOR DRIVERS IS RESTRICTED BECAUSE IF THE WINDING NATURE OF THE ROAD
THE MAJORITY OF THE HOUSING ESTATES FROM WHICH THE SCHOOL WOULD DRAW ITS PUPILS ARE TO THE NORTH OF THIS ROAD"
THE PROPOSED SITE IS SITUATED ON THE OPEN SPUTHERN SIDE OF TUNSTALL ROAD AND THERE ARE STRONG POLICY AND AMENITY OBJECTIONS TO DEVELOPMENT IN THIS LOCATION. IN THE ABSCENCE OF ANY OVERRIDING NEED, I CANNOT SEE THAT A PLANNING PERMISSION COULD BE GIVEN FOR THIS SITE

Perhaps, as a Resident of this Parish, you can tell me what has changed between 1985 and 2014 ( other than the school has increased its numbers ). There are more cars now. The Policies are still in place. The housing estates are still mainly in the North!

I