Cycle Route Between Middlesbrough & Guisborough

/ #76 Re: Re: Re: morton carr level crossing

2014-07-18 20:30

#50: - Re: Re: morton carr level crossing

Thanks for your sad comment Denny. You are more or less correct about the inducements offered. My standard response to any closure request is, and always has been, " No way. You built the railways and the crossings were provided for the sole benefit of the farmers and landowners and other authorised users." Your basic problem Denny, is that the Guisborough Walkway is exactly what the name suggests - it is NOT a cycleway although the great and good from the council did originally open it on their bicycles! Network Rail's problem is trespass on their railway by people accessing what I have always called the footpath to nowhere and that is why they have built the over the top deterrent which I understand cost £8000. Meanwhile, they are whingeing about repairing their cattle grid at Morton Carr crossing, because they would have to bring in an outside contractor. For the avoidance of doubt, I have no connection whatsoever whith the acommodation crossing at Morton Grange Farm. The meeting as usual was pretty negative. This saga has been going on for many years with funding for a cycleway promised by Tees Forest; Sustrans; NY Moors National Park; Heritage Lottery etc; and at this point we are just about sick of it and will not be participating in any further meetings or indeed posting on this forum.