Petition against MSMC for same sex freshmen housing

/ #31

2014-07-21 00:54

As a parent, I am very concerned that the college I had planned to send my son to has changed the rules and regulations without gathering input from the families that this policy will impact. To me this a breach of contract, as I have made a financial deposit based on different rules and regulations. As a result, I have been discussing possible legal action with a variety of parents. We all agree that we chose Mount Saint Mary College because it appeared to be an ethical college, that would uphold its agreements with its students and their families. Here is a missed opportunity to develop moral behavior. Instead, the leadership is creating a Draconian environment. What would work better is education. And isn't that the goal of the college? To education the next generation on how to build better relationships and a better world? I hope this petition is being taken seriously by the leadership of the school. If we do not receive a response that the dorm visitation policy at a minimum has been changed, we will have to consider our best legal next steps.