ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS.

/ #75 Not a pit

2014-12-04 11:37

I encountered this man while at PetSupplies Plus on 21st in Newark. I was not a resident of Newark (or Licking County) and had been visiting family in the area. On the way home we stopped at the pet store to buy my dog (a mix breed thought to be lab, boxer and great dane) some treats. Our dog was leashed and is well mannered and went into the store with us with no issues. As we were getting back into our vehicle, we were approached by a gentleman who told us "that dog needs muzzled" when I asked why he repeated himself. He continued to approach us and my dog barked at him and stepped in front of me. The man then informed me his name was Mr Wills and he was with animal control. I asked for identification and why my dog needed muzzled. He was very rude, said the dog was a pit and told me to follow the law or the dog would be at the pound. I told him I was not a resident of Newark, she was not a pit and I had no idea what law he was talking about. I asked for identification a second time and he refused and walked away. Now a year later, I live in Newark and had a boxer (who recently passed away) Mr Wills showed up at my home while my dog was outside. He informed me several times that my dog was a pit and asked me for proof of insurance and permit. I told him my dog was a full blooded boxer, he was tagged, and I had all his vetting paperwork which clearly identified him as a boxer. Mr. Wills argued with me for about 10 minutes, repeatedly stating that the dog was a pit.  I asked him what grounds he had to be at my home and what I or my dog had done wrong. Again, his only answer was my dog was a pit. I asked him to leave and return with a warrent as my dog was my property. He left. He was seen many time in the following week driving by our home, at one point he even pulled into the easement in front of our home and sat there for several minutes.