ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS.

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition ATTENTION: MEETING WAS CANCELED BY MR.SPURGEON TOBYS BOSS. .

2014-12-02 04:53

It time to get him out

2014-12-02 15:02

This man put my mom thru Hell for many years over her pit bulls...
She even worked with him & rescued strays & gave them loving homes. Some of the stories she told us!

2014-12-02 17:27

I have wanted this guy, fired for a long time. He has harassed my family and my dog for yrs. He has hate for the pit ill breed and should not be in the position he is to control our areas animals!

2014-12-02 18:45

The ban needs to go away. It doesn't keep people who don't care from getting them, but it does destroy the beautiful animals who did nothing wrong except be born in the wrong county. No breed of dog should be labeled and banned.

2014-12-02 18:55

Please help save all our beautiful pets

#56 Irresponsible

2014-12-02 18:59

“One can measure the greatness and the moral progress of a nation by looking at how it treats its animals” ~ Mahatma Ghandi

Where is the accountability within Newark, OH Animal Control?  It appears as though this man is not qualified to make informed, responsible and moral decisions for the position in which he is entrusted.

2014-12-02 19:01

I have always had pitbulls and they are such loyal dogs. Its really a shame that people cant see outside of the pit name.

2014-12-02 19:08

I don't have a pit, but I did have a boxer mix puppy that Toby Wills threatened to take because he was too skinny. I got scared and took him to the vet, even though I really couldn't afford it. The vet told me the puppy was fine. That was just how he was built. I hope Toby Wills gets booted.

2014-12-02 23:10

Tired of the way dogs are treated by Toby wills in general, let alone our beloved pit bulls and other breeds such as boxers who are wrongfully executed!

2014-12-03 00:08

I went through this with my 2 pitts a few years ago. They were put down. My 1 Pitt was 3 yrs old & one was 6 months old. He stalked my house even after they were gone. I have friends that have to deal with him all the time. The sad part is my 2 Pitts never hurt any one. Toby should of been fired a long time ago.

#61 Re: Irresponsible

2014-12-03 01:57

#56: - Irresponsible 

So true well said.

#62 Re:

2014-12-03 02:00

#60: -  

That is terrible!!! I am so sorry for you and your babys. Who does these awful things and who lets them get away with it?!

Jamie

2014-12-03 03:41

Toby Wells has harassed me for years over my dogs that are labrador retrievers. He even put one to sleep for having fleas and worms that could have been treated. He cost me over 1000$ for just one dog. Plus when he could not get my dogs he had my truck towed away, that sat in the same spot for two years not hurting any thing. He stood and talked and laughed about all the things he has done to me and my dogs.

concerned dog owner

#64 Re:

2014-12-03 03:46

#60: -  

I agree with you he has harassed a lot of people. Most pit bull owners. I heard he wanted them for his own dog fighting ring. Do not know if that is true but it would make sense thou. 

2014-12-03 04:38

Breed specific legislation is inherently wrong. Dogs are only as dangerous as they are trained to be. Before the hysteria of dog fighting and the Michael Vick incident, pit bulls were known for there protectiveness of small children. Toby Wills has earned a reputation for his dislike of the breed. The law needs to be changed.

2014-12-03 05:22

We've been harassed by him for a pit. I've also contacted him about other animals but he doesn't respond to my calls. He's only concerned with pit bulls. My son owns one and he's a big lovable baby
upset dogs lover and owner

2014-12-03 05:28

The other thing that gets me is he told me he makes the laws in this county. That he has his own laws he goes by. I thought all laws where voted on by the people for the people to decided. He has harassed me and my husband for years. Pointed a gun at my 1 year old gold lab retriever. Told me to control him. He (my dog) some how "broke his" tie out. It looked like it was cut by wire cutters to me. My dog does not like people who do drugs and chased a (known) meth head down the street he did not bite him but scared him to death. Toby threatened me  that he would  shoot my dog in the head right in front of my children and the neigbors children. I even had to get a viscious permit for a golden lab that just had puppies. Plus he tranported my dog and her puppies to the dog pound. I had to pay over 1000 dollars in order to get her and her puppies back. He should have never transported her and her puppies that is a state law. I printed Licking County, Newark, and Ohio State dog laws. State law says not to transport any puppy till they are 3 months old. I even had to ask Licking County Heath Department if I could do her 10 day quarintine in my home. And he still took her to the dog pound with her puppies after I got the premission to do it in my own home. I am studing Criminal Justice and just do not understand why he can break laws and refuse to help people that pays him his check. He is rude, and harasses, does not give tickets on the spot. He has cussed at me, hung up on me, and asked me how do I care for my dogs. Asked me what type of dog food do I feed them. I thought he was aniamal control no a police detective. Why would he need to know what I am feeding my dogs for they are all healthy, tagged, and up to date on shots. I hope he does get fired and who replaces him is nicer and know how to talk reasonable to people and not yell and cuss at them. I was a battered woman and he made me feel like he was going to abuse me and my dogs. In which he did. He has made me cry, took my dog and put her to sleep and never told me or gave me a doctor statement on why she was put down. I knew she had fleas and worms and was being treated for both when he took her and had her put to sleep or that is what I was told.  It is the owner not the dog that makes them mean and that is any breed. He told me he has it out for pitbulls and boxers. Many people have told me he has a dog fighting ring somewhere here in Licking County. I also called to report animal abuse on a pit and found out instead of taking to pound to see if a good dog he shoot it then put it in his van. I did not want the dog dead just wanted to get help for the dog that was being abused. Could tell it was only a puppy by the size and not that old. I could write a book about all the things he has done and list at least 10-12 people who's dog/s was just taken by him for just being in the yard, with dog tags on. Not bothering noone.

tired of harrassment

2014-12-03 13:36

Begininning of this year i had a gentle man tresspass onto my porch, he opened a latched gate with sign clearly posted aove it no tresspassing and beware of dog. i was home at the time and my dogs ran out onto porch and this gentleman was putting a flier on my door for a new east end pizza place. it was obvious he could not read signed and still entered anyway i walked out outside to see this gentleman holding my gate closed as both my dogs was barking at him.  i asked the man why he entered and all he could say was sorry. i handed him his fliers back asked if he could read signs and then he left.  he continued passing out these fliers  to all the rest of the neighbors  in my area.   5 days later toby shows up at my door while i was at work and my neighbors caught him and an office that was with him sneaking around my house and  harrassing my dogs  iwth waving papers and jumping up and down trying to get them to jump over my gate as quoted by one of my neighbors in a statement  " I WANT THAT BLACK DOG TO JUMP THAT GATE SO WE CAN SHOOT HIM".   my mother showed up and yet toby and the officer harrased her even threatend to arrest her for parking in street as she is handicapped and could not get access to my driveway due to officer and tobys cars parked in street in front of my house.   I received a call from toby stating that my black so called pitt bull bit this gentleman 5 days earlier.  even though i have 2 dogs one black and white tha toby says is a pit cause he can determing that over a vet. and the other is a boxer mix.  there was a big discussiong with toby and another capt at the police station over this so called bite claim 5 days earlier as to why this gentelman could tresspass and i could not file charges as i was told against him and yet how can he claim my dog bit him 5 days prior before making a claim.   there was neve a report filed to health dept.  hospital report was never given to my attorney. pics by this gentelman taken from his cell phone only not hospital 5 days after bite only show a knee and thigh of a person  who you cant see full body for. i report that was filed and written out bu toby which as conflicting statements in it in his own words as to what happen when toby arrived he claims one thing then in few sentence later claims another thing, the report the gentelman filed was written by someone else then signed by the gentleman  hmmm .  was told my eye witness statements didnt mean anything by capt that toby had me talk with.  was told i needed video instead. they could not prove which dog so called bite this gentleman. citations was written prior to toby even coming to house in his hand writting states a DOG bite this man. not until after he seen the dog and relize i had 2 did he pick out the so called pit bull. and so on and son on.  i haired an attorney out of columbus to represent my on the 3 charges  that was brought agains me a few months after toby made a visit to my house in march. not until after meeting with him twice several calls  he waited till  June to file charges.   At request of attorney and seeing all mistakes, conflicting reports, witness statements we requested a jury trial to all the charges so we could finally put toby on stand and make him accountable for his actions for which i had witnesses his report and several other things.  that morning all charges was dropped and only thing they pushed for was the viscious dog bullshit permit. which i could not have a jury trail for.   TOBY  got away again using his so called doggie badge to make him look good and let his power go to his head.  yet even with no prof as to a dog bite let alone which dog bit him. toby claims that my so called pit bull still even with charges droped will be classified as visious with one bite.  guess my soon to be cival case against him the gentelman and city will find out.   its time for toby to be removed and actually time for someone to look into tobys background. 

2014-12-03 15:44

I have my first pittie and he is the best dog that I have ever owned. He is the biggest cuddle bug, 90lb.lap dog, loves kids, and has the best personality of any animal I have ever had. Everywhere we take him people always ask what breed he is and they all say the same thing " it all in how they are raised" "they get a bad rap"
can him

2014-12-03 19:44

Fire him...he is a stalker and has paid his friends per address they could supply him where Pitt bulls lived!  FACT!

#71 Re: can him

2014-12-03 22:05

#70: can him -  

Documentation/statements of this, or people coming forward to substantiate this is happening would be most beneficial at the meeting on Friday.  This is so wrong.

2014-12-04 00:47

While my mom was at the police station paying for our pits insurance, Toby showed up at our house & showed me (at the time 13) & visibly scared, his badge. He told me he was a "Police Officer" and he needed to come into my home and take my dog because she was bad and her insurance wasn't paid for. After being harassed by him for years over her, I know who he is/was & he was NOT a police officer. I called my mom and the dispatcher had to radio him and tell him to stop because he was scaring me. 

If he hears this, he will know who I am & let it be known that you will NEVER take my baby from me!

2014-12-04 03:44

I have seen 1st hand of the abouse of what he has done to these dogs.

2014-12-04 06:31

I have not had any personal experiences but have heard enough about Toby that I will sign this petition and what I believe in. Pits and other bully breeds are not the problem in general it is the way they are raised. They should not be targeted just cuz of the breed when there is many other dogs that are running around. Toby just needs out. My boyfriend and I own a mixed with pit in her. She is the sweetest thing ever and I have friends who own full blooded bully breeds. These animals should be given a chance. Any breed of dog can turn on you not just these breeds targeted by toby. I have even heard if you have a beware of dog sign toby will keep an eye around your house. This shouldn't be tolerated.

#75 Not a pit

2014-12-04 11:37

I encountered this man while at PetSupplies Plus on 21st in Newark. I was not a resident of Newark (or Licking County) and had been visiting family in the area. On the way home we stopped at the pet store to buy my dog (a mix breed thought to be lab, boxer and great dane) some treats. Our dog was leashed and is well mannered and went into the store with us with no issues. As we were getting back into our vehicle, we were approached by a gentleman who told us "that dog needs muzzled" when I asked why he repeated himself. He continued to approach us and my dog barked at him and stepped in front of me. The man then informed me his name was Mr Wills and he was with animal control. I asked for identification and why my dog needed muzzled. He was very rude, said the dog was a pit and told me to follow the law or the dog would be at the pound. I told him I was not a resident of Newark, she was not a pit and I had no idea what law he was talking about. I asked for identification a second time and he refused and walked away. Now a year later, I live in Newark and had a boxer (who recently passed away) Mr Wills showed up at my home while my dog was outside. He informed me several times that my dog was a pit and asked me for proof of insurance and permit. I told him my dog was a full blooded boxer, he was tagged, and I had all his vetting paperwork which clearly identified him as a boxer. Mr. Wills argued with me for about 10 minutes, repeatedly stating that the dog was a pit.  I asked him what grounds he had to be at my home and what I or my dog had done wrong. Again, his only answer was my dog was a pit. I asked him to leave and return with a warrent as my dog was my property. He left. He was seen many time in the following week driving by our home, at one point he even pulled into the easement in front of our home and sat there for several minutes.