PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Quoted post

Tom

2014-02-08 15:00

Tunstall School is nice because it's SMALL. That is why parents sent their children there. It has been given a 'Good' for both quality of teaching and overall effectiveness by Ofsted, and an 'Outstanding' for the effectiveness of care, guidance and support.

As a former pupil, I can genuinely say this is a good school and a bigger school just wouldn't be as good. I live close to the school (Ruins Barn Road) and my road and surrounding roads would greatly be affected by traffic. There is already a huge amount of cars going to and from Kent Science Park.

Tunstall Road isn't big enough to cope with an additional 400 cars and the council would probably end up widening the road (again).

No matter how much we say, this is a fight we won't win. Apparently, its a democracy...

Replies

for 84

#94 oh Tom-84

2014-02-08 23:37:50

#84: Tom -

It will be twice as good! why does an extra 210 places in 2022 mean that there will be an extra 400 cars????

In 2015 there will be 30 more children, around half will be siblings so IF all drive that will mean 15 more cars!!! And there will be more parking spaces anyway!!!!!!!!!