PROTECT TUNSTALL COMMUNITY

Quoted post

Hedgehog

#174 Misleading Information

2014-02-13 18:43

I am always suspicious when an authoritative body, such as KCC, has to resort to lying or misrepresenting a situation to get its own way. The Transport Document that is available via the KCC planning link has used some dodgy information to draw up the conclusions that it wants to. Chapter 6.3.9 assures us that the additional traffic generated by this proposal on the junction of Woodstock Road, Tunstall Road, Cromers Road and Ruins Barn Road is negligible based on the understanding that the number of children who will share the school journey will increase because the school is being relocated by 500m. Similarly, this same document tells us that 10 children currently cycle to school. However, the shool's own Travel Plan states that no children cycle. KCC figure comes from a show of hands survey undertaken by the school. Chapter 5.3.5 states that any parents that walk are forced to walk on the carriageway of Tunstall Road, but this is misleading and wrong. There is a continuous path for those families who walk from Park Drive. To omit this fact is devious. If the official documents that are being presented to the decision makers are this untrustworthy, what can we expect from KCC regarding the real future intentions of the teaching objectives at the new school?

Replies

stopbeingbullies

#175 Re: Misleading Information

2014-02-14 10:37:05

#174: Hedgehog - Misleading Information

"Chapter 5.3.5 states that any parents that walk are forced to walk on the carriageway of Tunstall Road"
This is not a lie, the pathway is suitable for 2 average sized persons to pass each other, if you bring into the occasion people walking dogs, riding bicycles, already walking 2 abreast - the passing opportunity reduces drastically.  What happens is someone has to step into the carriageway or be faced with either jumping onto the verge, climbing a fence or going back to the larger corner behind them.

Also....

I would very much like you to show me the continuous path that can take me to the front gate of the school office as a pedestrian please. From your comment I am sure that you know the area well, although I think you may be under the impression that people only enter the school at a particular time of day. Because of the childrens security, the side and main gates are locked and the only entrance outside of normal times is the front entrance.

I admit I may be wrong, it has been roughly 2 hours since I was there last and a continuous pathway may have been erected in the meantime. If that is the case I would apologise profusely.