Help get permission for Conrad to own a therapy dog in Bellamont Gardens

Quoted post

#3 You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-06 15:35

You knew the rules when you moved into the complex. Unfortunately rules are what govern our society and they cannot be changed purely because 1 person will benefit. I am sure you could, if you chose, find a complex or house that would allow a service dog.

Replies

#9 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-06 17:46:54

#3: - You knew the rules when you moved in.

The rules were not asked to be broken, an exception was asked to be made. Does our constitution not cover body corporate rules?

#25 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-10 17:01:02

A Service Dog is *not* a pet. Look it up!
Hx

#30 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-11 16:23:19

Do you have a child with autism? If no, please keep your comments to yourself!

Trixie

2014-05-12 20:33:53

This particular body corporate has made exceptions with elderly cats and "supposed" strays, but is unwilling to make an exception for a person with a disability. Unacceptable!!

SandyK

#40 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-05-14 13:29:35

Mmm... Would you deny the right to a seeing-eye dog for a person who is blind?

Whatever the rules state.

It is not a benefit or a luxury I am afraid. It is a necessity in order to function.

#71 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-08-02 19:43:44

1 problem. Complex policies do not overrule law. If you have a disability recognized by the government, you need to have whatever equipment a doctor has perscribed. No exceptions required. Sure the board can bitch about it, but then you show them the documentation, and they are powerless.

Lynne

#83 Re: You knew the rules when you moved in.

2014-08-29 08:21:01

Its actually not as easy as you think. Most body corps in thier rules state - with permission. My building allows cats "with permission" yet when I asked twice before they have said no. However I have found that two flats have got cats. These body corps think they are god when telling you what you can and cannot have in your home or propery which YOU pay for. I believe in equal rights and the child has a right to a service dog.