Change the High School zoning for Silverton

Quoted post

#57 Re:

2014-10-21 22:09

#30: -  

I understand that you don't like the negative comments. But who are you to start the petition and change the course of 100s of students now and in the future just because you have an issue. Obviously you are not from toms river originally otherwise you would know it has been like this for years and guess what.... There have been no issues!!

Replies

#58 Re: Re:

2014-10-21 22:36:00

#57: - Re:  

I am originally from TR. The reason it was not a big deal years ago was because everyone was all mixed before they opened TRIS. Once they did that and streamlined everyone else, it became obvious who the outsiders were. I fully support the move and wonder what everyone has against East. It is a newer school and as someone else pointed out, it is air conditioned. More importantly, it has the same curriculum. Why does everyone assume North is a better school. Is it because some of the homes are more expensive in that area?

PAIN

#59 Re: Re:

2014-10-21 23:12:43

I signed the Petition. Just have Silverton students go to Intermediate North. Each High school should have their own sending school. Students develop friendships that should continue. North has been better athletically based on the school recieving from both schools. Example: Basketball 5 starters at INT. East and 5 Starters at Int. North, 2 starters from Int East go to HS North, HS East is left with 3 while North has 7.

Make things fair. Who ever goes to INT. East goes to HS East and the same with North.

not signing

#80 Re: Re: #57

2014-11-04 18:34:36

she if originally from Brick and I agree with you