Change the High School zoning for Silverton

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Change the High School zoning for Silverton.

#51 Re: Squire Village Should NOT change high schools

2014-10-21 19:33

#50: Concerned Mom - Squire Village Should NOT change high schools 

I agree . My child goes to north and I would want the same for my next one in 3 years.   That was one of the draw to move to squire village

2014-10-21 19:54

I always thought Silverton should just go to East!

2014-10-21 21:47

This petition is factually incorrect. See #8 comment and do some research before you try to dupe people into signing something under false pretenses.

#54 Really

2014-10-21 21:56

It has been like this for years. Why does one person have to start a rant because they don't get what they want. Why is thus such an issue now after how many years. I for one am going to fight it. I moved into silveryon knowing where my kids will go to school. My child wants to go to north! 

#55 Re: Re: I WILL NOT SIGN

2014-10-21 22:04

#16: - Re: I WILL NOT SIGN 

That's exactly the issue!!! 

2014-10-21 22:06

If Silverton would've been part of East all along, my kids wouldn't have wanted to go to Central as school choice students.

#57 Re:

2014-10-21 22:09

#30: -  

I understand that you don't like the negative comments. But who are you to start the petition and change the course of 100s of students now and in the future just because you have an issue. Obviously you are not from toms river originally otherwise you would know it has been like this for years and guess what.... There have been no issues!!

#58 Re: Re:

2014-10-21 22:36

#57: - Re:  

I am originally from TR. The reason it was not a big deal years ago was because everyone was all mixed before they opened TRIS. Once they did that and streamlined everyone else, it became obvious who the outsiders were. I fully support the move and wonder what everyone has against East. It is a newer school and as someone else pointed out, it is air conditioned. More importantly, it has the same curriculum. Why does everyone assume North is a better school. Is it because some of the homes are more expensive in that area?

PAIN

#59 Re: Re:

2014-10-21 23:12

#57: - Re:  

I signed the Petition. Just have Silverton students go to Intermediate North. Each High school should have their own sending school. Students develop friendships that should continue. North has been better athletically based on the school recieving from both schools. Example: Basketball 5 starters at INT. East and 5 Starters at Int. North, 2 starters from Int East go to HS North, HS East is left with 3 while North has 7.

Make things fair. Who ever goes to INT. East goes to HS East and the same with North.

Welcome

#60 Re: Really

2014-10-21 23:20

#54: - Really 

This is not new! People have been argueing this issues for years. Each High School should have their own sending school. One school should not benefit while one school suffers.

School spirit is derived from winning programs. While HS North benefits from two schools and HS East get part of a school how can they compete.

2014-10-22 13:52

I will never sign this

2014-10-22 13:59

Please think before signing this. Ive been through the schools here, same path my daughter will be taking. I will never sign this and should it pass my daughter will not be going to East. Do your research before blindly signing something, especially if your kids are out of the school system. It may seem to make sense but school isn't about sticking with the same friends from k-12, its about learning. I and many many others did not suffer because of school zoning. There are more important issues. Focus on them

#63 Re:

2014-10-22 14:38

#62: -  

Please explain what the more important issues are. East has the same curriculum and according to another post, better test scores. I can't understand what could be so bad about East. Please someone explain. I would like to make an informed decision if it comes down to a vote or if we are asked our opinion. 

#64 Re: Re:

2014-10-22 15:56

#63: - Re:  

The real issue that many people believe that North is considered the Rich upper class school, While East is middle class and South is some where below East economically. If education was an issue than East is the best school for your kids. 

More money is spent on that school than the others combined. Its time to upgrade the other schools. Why are all the big events held at North? 

2014-10-22 15:58

Why is going to East so bad?

What makes North Better?

Please answer!

2014-10-22 16:14

I think the problem is the students of Silver Bay go to In. East and then to North for high school. It used to be just 7th and 8th grades and now it is 6th through 8th grades. This is a lot of time for students to make friends only to be split up to go to different high schools. Another solution would be for Silver Bay students to go to In. North and then onto HS North.

#67 Re:

2014-10-23 19:09

#53: -  

I stated the facts in #30.  If you have facts that you would like to state, please present them. 

#68 Re: Re: I WILL NOT SIGN

2014-10-24 01:57

#16: - Re: I WILL NOT SIGN 

G\oOod job! Some people  need to know truly how things are run! 

2014-10-25 17:11

children attending intermediate east should be allowed to stay with their class mates at High School East, Not High School North, which is so over crowded.

#70 APP wants to here from you!

2014-10-27 16:45

APP! Wants to here from you! 

#71 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-10-30 23:12

#44: - Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  

There are also new condos going up on rt 9 north between Riverwood and Cox Cro that will feed into North. Send them to East where they belong. 

#72 Re: Re: Really

2014-10-31 04:22

#60: Welcome - Re: Really 

I don't understand why you would say HSNorth benefits from 2 schools and how can HSEast compete with North (seen other posts claiming competition unfair for sports etc) are you saying the small section of Int.East kids that end up at North are going to make that difference?   What makes these kids better at sports os scholastics and how can anyone possibly think the kids coming from these areas are and will always be better?  Just doesn't make sense.

My child went to Hooper and actually was very upset when their best friends ended up going to Int.North, but adjusted at Intermediate.  And now attends HSNorth and the best friends are at HSEast.  Had no issues adjusting and keeps in touch with IntEast friends and is reunited at HSNorth with the Elementary school friends. 

This petition seems to be addressing as it's main issue the fact that the children don't remain together after forming bonds at Intermediate school.  If the schools was overcrowded doesn't anyone think this would have been changed and address by the schools?

I do believe that they should allow parents to make the decision for where they want the child to go as long as they provide their own transportation.  I wonder why that has changed!? 

TRHS North Alum

#73 Really

2014-11-01 17:54

Seriously? I'll say it. Grow up Ms. Levin and tell your daughter to toughen up because the world is not going to change because your precious and fragile mind can't handle meeting new people and making new friends!

It is what it is and if you don't want your daughter to learn to make new friends and how to stay connected to her old ones, maybe you should move.

This was not intentionally meant as a rant but come on already people....stop creating contoroversy and issues where there has never been. There's too many other REAL issues to deal with in ocean county than to coddle a teen who's "upset".

2014-11-02 12:29

Its not fair to students or parents that we truly live closer to HSE, but have to go to HSN. All the years the Silverton area has been going to Intermediate East School then as they approach HS you pull them out of their only environment and peers to go to HSN. PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES, YOU SPENT ALL YOUR EARLY YEARS WITH SILVERTON AREA STUDENTS THEN TORN AWAY FROM THEM JUST TO BE PUT IN A STRANGE PLACE WITH ALL NEW STUDENTS AND TO TOP IF OFF ITS OVER CROWDED. YOU MADE A VERY BIG MISTAKE, NOW MAKE IT RIGHT! THIS WORLD HAS ENOUGH UNFAIRNESS AND HEARTLESS PEOPLE RUNNING IT, PUT THESE STUDENTS OF SILVERTON AREA WHERE THEY BELONG..IN HIGH SCHOOL EAST. STIR THEM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN LIFE....MAKING GOOD DECISIONS.....MAYBE THEY WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD SOMEDAY....IN A POSITIVE MANNER!
Roxyswar

#75 Re:

2014-11-02 13:01

#74: -  

ALSO, WHY IS IT THAT MORE MONEY IS SPENT AT HSN , WHATS A MATTER HSE KIDS ARE NOT WORTH IT!!!! YOU SET SUCH A BAD EXAMPLE.  AND TO TOP IT OFF I HAVE SEEN/HEARD OF KIDS BULLYING ON GROUNDS AND THE INTERNET....WHY, LOOK DEEP MAYBE THEY ARE DEPRESSED ,JUST MAYBE THIS IS ONE REASONS. I AGREE THAT KIDS SHOULD MAKE NEW FRIENDS TOUGHEN UP. BUT THEY HAVE THEIR WHOLE LIFE TO MAKE FRIENDS, DONT DO THIS AT THIS AGE. 

A         SEND SILVERTON AREA KIDS TO HSE

B         SPEND MORE TIME/MONEY ON HS EAST/ THEY ARE WORTH IT

C         SAVE THESE KIDS FUTURES, STAND BY THE THEM...MAKE THEM STRONG