Change the High School zoning for Silverton

Quoted post

Welcome

#60 Re: Really

2014-10-21 23:20

#54: - Really 

This is not new! People have been argueing this issues for years. Each High School should have their own sending school. One school should not benefit while one school suffers.

School spirit is derived from winning programs. While HS North benefits from two schools and HS East get part of a school how can they compete.

Replies

#72 Re: Re: Really

2014-10-31 04:22:06

#60: Welcome - Re: Really 

I don't understand why you would say HSNorth benefits from 2 schools and how can HSEast compete with North (seen other posts claiming competition unfair for sports etc) are you saying the small section of Int.East kids that end up at North are going to make that difference?   What makes these kids better at sports os scholastics and how can anyone possibly think the kids coming from these areas are and will always be better?  Just doesn't make sense.

My child went to Hooper and actually was very upset when their best friends ended up going to Int.North, but adjusted at Intermediate.  And now attends HSNorth and the best friends are at HSEast.  Had no issues adjusting and keeps in touch with IntEast friends and is reunited at HSNorth with the Elementary school friends. 

This petition seems to be addressing as it's main issue the fact that the children don't remain together after forming bonds at Intermediate school.  If the schools was overcrowded doesn't anyone think this would have been changed and address by the schools?

I do believe that they should allow parents to make the decision for where they want the child to go as long as they provide their own transportation.  I wonder why that has changed!?