Cudworth Unites

Quoted post

Jon

#21 Re: All for it.

2015-05-24 08:58

#11: - All for it. 

there are other areas that are more suitable than where they are planning to build these houses, this is not a petition against building homes for people in need of housing this is a petition against building houses on greenfield sites, at a guess i take you don't live in cudworth otherwise you would see that it can't cope with the amount of people that live there now. As usual councils are railroading plans through without the proper consultations lining there pockets for their futures not the people they are supposed to represent, they need to be held responsible for their actions whilst doing the job they were elected into, there is too much of this going off all over the country, look into other places where this has been done granting building permission to building companies that have then built on flood plains resulting in loss of property and no insurance because of the area!!! WAKE UP!!    

Replies

#50 Re: Re: All for it.

2015-05-29 08:05:42

#21: Jon - Re: All for it. 

there's a housing crisis because of the amount of people coming into the country, stop them comming in then see how much of a crisis there is.

#61 Re: Re: All for it.

2015-06-01 06:53:36

#21: Jon - Re: All for it. 

I do live in cudworth but can't get a decent property in the village. I don't see the overcrowding everyone is talking about, and I do simpathise if you live nearby. What you have to realise is Barnsley is about 70% green belt, we have to chip away somewhere.  

I agree that the Local Authority are crooks by the way, the LDF consultation was a total farse, I can guarantee that the Local Authority are going for profitability over anything else.

They have retained little snipits of land all over the place from building bypasses and schools and are selling to developers.

New schools have been built in green belt and propasals where pushed through as a greater public need. Shafton ALC for example. Combine two schools then flog the land off to developers at a huge gain to the Local Authority.

I am fully aware of the problems, but we need houses, not just for myself, but for our offspring. Cudworth was only a handfull of houses 150 years ago, the house that you probably live in May only have been built in the last 1/4 of a century it didn't just appear. We have to grow.

People complain that our town is failing, well I am not surprised, more houses means more demand for our local town and village's amenities, creating more business and more prosperity for those who live in it.

Good luck with your battle Jon, but it is all but lost before you start.