Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms

Quoted post

Kat

2016-09-18 15:38

Most people..  Including children especially..  Want to fit in with who they identify with.   It's a small number of students and i don't see the need to make them feel more singled out.   Create a bathroom area on each floor that is for anyone..  If u don't want to use it go to one marked as boy or girl.   This is being blown up into a bigger issue than it is.   There is plenty of restroom areas to do this.   My children all graduated from west as did i.  I would have zero issues with a transcended person using the same bathroom as me...  I think the districts and parents need to be more concerned about the bullying that is going in 

Replies

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-09-20 02:33:41

#41 Re:

2016-09-24 12:32:27

#13: Kat -  

Thank you for being actually reasonable!!! As a student who currently attends west I would not see any problem with the solution you provided. Showing that we as a school district are denying Transgender children the simple right of going to the restroom comfortably is just teaching our students that these people are not normal and should be alienated from society. We should be showing that Transgender students are no different than us which will set us up to live a life of acceptance even after graduation