Stop the parking reduction requested by RiNo Self Storage

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the parking reduction requested by RiNo Self Storage.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-06-13 21:59

2014-06-13 22:04

If not stopped this project will be extremely detrimental to the livability and future prosperity of the entire rino community.

2014-06-14 19:02

Parking is quickly becoming scarce in this neighborhood, and will be even more difficult to find in the next few years as the neighborhood redevelops. This project also does not sound like the best use of a large lot that could be used for a higher and better purpose.

2014-06-14 21:48

As an anchor tenant on the 3100 Block of Blake Street, MegaFauna is adamantly opposed to reduced parking space options. As an established business in the River North Art District for over 3 years we have witnessed the blatant disregard by developers jamming growth of too many businesses and not enough parking spaces. Inevitably we all suffer in the long run as park enforcement makes life a living hell for established residents and businesses who call this neighborhood home. This turns into yet another tax which hinders growth for small business. This problem would be easier to navigate with more conscientious growth. We ask that this reduction in parking spaces at the proposed lot at 3200 Blake be denied. MegaFauna, established 2011, is a local consignment, printing and retail shop supporting over 80 local artists and designers. MegaFauna houses 5 other local businesses; each with consistent and daily business. In addition to daily business MegaFauna is the voice of hundreds of local artists, designers, businesses and the artistic culture of Colorado. In addition to MegaFauna hosts numerous events, and innumerable contacts with new businesses and upstart companies; a reduction of parking would be a slap in the face to the responsible businesses who simply want to be given a chance to succeed.
Randy Rolon
The author of this petition

#5 Re:

2014-06-15 06:15

#4: -

Thank you so much for your support & providing a business perspective to this!!  This opposition ultimately is NOT an anti-business stance, but a pro-neighborhood stance!

Everyone go support Megafauna & thank you for starting Final Fridays!

2014-06-16 01:56

Let's extend Denver's commitment to multi-use spaces that benifit the public as a whole.

2014-06-16 15:24

I agree that this needs to be something that betters our community and the adds to all the great things happening in River North. In the 80205 & 80216 zip codes there are already 8 self storage facilities.

2014-06-16 18:02

Build a bowling ally, not a storage unit! Keep RiNo art district weird!

2014-06-18 16:02

Confirm

2014-06-18 17:14

This will ruin the neighborhood. It's an Art district!

2014-06-18 17:14

This will ruin the artistic edge of the neighborhood.

2014-06-18 17:21

The change in the Rino / Five Points neighborhood over the past 10-15 years has been amazing, and it's in everyone's benefit to continue to encourage this development. An industrial self-storage unit with reduced parking isn't that solution.

2014-06-18 17:47

Outrageous that this individual would benefit from using the RiNo name in his business while simultaneously demonstrate his disdain for our community.
James

#14 Stop the parking reduction requested by RiNo Self Storage

2014-06-18 18:49

Hopefully this self storage does not get built at all, we have enough of them around already that have been great to work with. If it does I am sure the owner will want to also meter the streets in front of the Self storage. This happened years ago at Ball park lofts when Chris (Owner of Blake st Tavern) had the city meter Blake street up to Broadway and everyone who lived at Ball Park lofts lost the ability to have visitors come park and stay over night.
Patrick

2014-06-18 21:22

A Self Storage Unit Business is just above the urinal rental business model and is in complete opposition to everything that the RINO district stands for. Not only does it detract from positive /influential small business wanting to open in RINO but it will most likely increase the crime rate! There are dozen of articles that link self storage facilities to increased crime in neighborhoods and not just theft but large drug operations work out of these units as well. Now to go from the most up and coming Neighborhood in Denver to the 5 points of old would be a shame due to this one business.

2014-06-19 00:01

Please give no concessions on parking!!!

2014-06-19 13:59

There are many other locations more suited for a storage unit rather than a nicely established loft & residential community. Please consider a location that is still dedicated to remaining industrial rather than residential!

2014-06-19 16:06

Listen RiNo people, I say we breakdance our way to stop this construction like Turbo would do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Z66uN97Ds

We can do this together. Dance can solve almost everything

2014-06-19 21:12

Traffic is getting worse and all individuals need to abide by the same regulations.

2014-06-20 12:57

This is the worst use of this land and would destroy the longterm growth of RINO.

2014-06-21 13:56

Any developer completely unwilling to work with a community that houses their project is not a developer I would welcome. The community has blossomed into one of the most unique warehouse areas I've ever seen. To allow total disregard for guidelines or except any compromise is just the power hungry money driven hard headed I know what's best for you thinking that suck the life out of an artist driven yet industrial neighborhood. I hope would be a bit of retail and perhaps a few small artist studios incorporated in to the project. As for parking. Parking is an ever incressing problem in a city and this is a very poor choice to try and dictate the need for less. I won't stop there. HS green building been considered. Grass on the roof or any environmental for thought? I'm going to this hearing if at all possible. Thank for stating this partition. K. B.
justin

#22 Re:

2014-06-21 20:51

#4: -

AMEN!!

#23 Re:

2014-06-23 15:07

#18: - I think the breakdancing technique worked!

2014-06-24 00:15

what a travesty to have that nice section of land become a storage facility.