RCH Parking Meters

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition RCH Parking Meters.

2014-11-20 06:15

We need a new parking alternative!

2014-11-20 06:19

45 minutes the other day and this is becoming the norm! It NEEDS to stop now!!! There is no reason for this!!!

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-11-20 06:26

2014-11-20 12:06

Please find an alternative that respects the time of parkade users and does not force staff to stay sitting, idling in their cars waiting to leave after working 12 hour shifts. Waiting 20+ minutes routinely to to leave our work site does not foster goodwill towards your company and people remember that when choosing where to park in other situations.

2014-11-21 01:47

It takes me 15 mins to drive home from RCH and I wait 25 mins to get out of the parking lot !!!!!!! So I spend 40 mins in total to get home !!! This is not acceptable when you have young children and need to get home from a night shift to get them ready for school.

Waste of gas

2014-11-21 04:45

Fumes from cars waiting in line = carbon monoxide inhalation

2014-11-21 05:57

Just do it like Surrey hospital... there is no wait there!!!

2014-11-21 14:19

This is long overdue...there has to be a better way of getting in and out of the lot.

2014-11-22 01:52

I refuse at work at RCH because of this problem. 12 hr shift plus commute time and parking garage traffic = minimum 14 hrs of work for 11 hrs of pay. Luckily, I have a choice to work elsewhere, some people don't.

2014-11-22 06:31

Don't forget to confirm your signatures, the email may go in your junk mail. Please share this petition with your friends so we can get results of a new type of pay system.

2014-11-23 06:18

I'm really tired of spending on average 15-30 minutes at the end of a stressful and long 12 hour shift sitting in my car trapped . Unable to leave . I spend as much time sitting in my car as I do driving home sometimes longer adding more time to me being tired. Enough is enough

#12 Non staff parkers

2014-11-25 20:55

How about the tap system for debit cards?  The thing I worry about is that if there is no one working there who is policing who parks in the underground. we will get  lot of commuters parking there to take skytrain and then the staff will not have anywhere to park.  Im also concerned about job loss for the parking attendants.  Some of them are really nice.  There could be a way to scan our staff ID's and have it debited from our paycheques!! in and ideal world!

#13 Re: Non staff parkers

2014-11-26 15:57

#12: - Non staff parkers 

All valid points! Impark is a big company and everyone will still have jobs. I think all the parking people are nice but sitting in line for 45 minutes the other night is not acceptable. I think we would be happy with any system that speeds up our exit, change at this point is a must!!  I appreciate your concern for jobs and spots for staff, we just need a better system. 

#14 Where are our unions?

2014-11-26 16:34

Where are our unions on this issue?  Where a workplace has a systemic issue that routinely leads to an unpaid extension of the workday, surely this becomes a matter for collective bargaining?

#15 meters no, but a solution please

2014-11-29 07:10

I don't want meters because how does that stop non staff from taking up the majority of the spots? You'll be driving around the lot for 45 mins trying to find a spot instead of line....just go to credit card and debit flash/quick tap or monthly passed or something like that. 

2014-12-01 03:27

I completely support it. The parking situation at RCH is horrific!!

2014-12-02 03:25

The delay in leaving the parkade is unacceptable after a 12 hour shift of caring for critically ill people, I am exhausted and just want to go home!
There must be a change!

#18 Joke

2014-12-07 01:28

How about waiting 30 mins after a night shift since their card machine ate my card and the lady didn't know how to fix it either. She asked me if I knew how to fix it....then after waiting for 30mins for a supervisor to come who never showed i said forget it and had to cancel my credit card since all I wanted to do was go to sleep. 

2014-12-07 22:03

When I wanted to leave the attendant wasn't there, I had to wait 15 minutes for him to return, so frustrating!!!

2014-12-07 23:27

It's garbage! Think of having to come off from night shift and now you are stuck waiting for someone to come man their post. It's bad enough having to drive home tired after shift and now employees are mandated to stay longer because someone/company isn't smart enough to come up with a solution? Either hire another employee to rotate with them or start getting with the new era and use machines. Do you really need an American to tell you how to conduct business? How embarassing...

2014-12-18 14:35

This has gone on long enough!

2014-12-18 14:40

I am outraged by having to wait more than an hour to get out one night because the machine was down one night and the only ones who could let me out was security and they had told me they were busy with calls at the time. They do alot of work in the hospital and its ridiculous that we have to rely on them all the time. This issue has been going on for almost TWO MONTHS NOW!

2014-12-18 14:45

It is time for Impark to realize that with security being the only means of allowing people to exit the parkade after hours, they are losing hundreds of dollars by not addressing this issue, by now they have likely lost more money than their machine is worth. If Impark won't do it for their client, they should at least do it for themselves. I say, however, it may be time to look at a new parking alternative.

2015-01-08 02:28

The other evening  i sat in front of the line for 25 mins while there was no one in the stall and the coin meter said out of service. This is rediculous.  Finally after 25 mins the man came back, no apology  and was extremely  rude. Unacceptable.