TRO HGV Sutton Bank

TRO HGV Sutton Bank / Announcements / TRO HGV Sutton Bank Progress Update / Comments

2015-06-26 21:54

This is simply wrong - happy to support the on-going campaign to make Sutton Bank safer for motorists and local residents. Please do keep me informed.
Cllr Di Keal

2015-06-26 21:58

Keep pushing. I am a pharmaceutical delivery driver and constantly run late with urgent medical supplies due to "stuck HGV'S"! It costs my time and people waiting for urgent medication. Please keep trying.

2015-06-27 18:22

Sometimes it is only by getting stroppy with the beauracrats and the haulage industry that they get the message; regrettable though it is. There is no reasonable possible case or justification for not blocking HGV's on this route. Furthermore, although I have personally been blocked twice in the past year, I have not been delayed too badly; my concern is the carnage that an out of control wagon will cause. Does it require deaths to force a change of mind? Keep up the campaign and do not be disheartened by this initial rebuff.

2015-07-21 20:06

According to Police statistics (issued in conjunction with Operation Aegis-making North Yorkshire's roads safer http://www.northyorkshire.police.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=13255&p=0 ) the most high risk route in 2014 with 83 accidents, 45 killed or seriously injured, was the A170 Thirsk to Scarborough road. Whilst I am not suggesting this has anything to do with HGV's and Sutton Bank a blockage of Sutton Bank could seriously impair response and reaction times for the emergency services. 

2015-08-01 10:52

I have signed in support of your petition convinced that if HGVs are banned from Sutton Bank (just as caravans are) the Transport Industry will soon make the case for improvements that will allow them to reuse the route. This will benefit all users.

Derek Eggerton

windy jayed

2016-03-11 19:52

The company I drive for has banned us from the bank and now it's the norm. no problems.