Stop the witch hunt on Principal B.B Isaacs

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the witch hunt on Principal B.B Isaacs.

2015-11-16 21:33

Mr Isaacs has served his community well and the harassment he has endured by the department is abominable.

2015-11-16 22:48

SP is my alma mater and I believe in the proud tradition of that prestigious institution. Keep up the good work Brian !

2015-11-17 04:00

Ibelieve in people who care and are passionate about the well being and future if others. Mr Isaacs is that individual.

2015-11-17 04:11

I attended SP from '73-77. I had Mr Isaacs for a teacher during that time. He was a great teacher. I do think that his goal is to provide the best education for each student

2015-11-17 06:41

Having served for 10 years on SPHS Governing body, I have first handedly seen how the WCED go against The GB and Mr Isaacs, on student drug related issues.

2015-11-17 07:55

Because Brian Isaacs first priority has always been a quality education system that is fair & just. His fight had always been for the betterment of the next generation by challenging those who wish to stand in the way of change.

2015-11-17 12:06

Matthew, john, andrew attended the school. Mr. Isaacs was one of the vanguards of the struggle for better, free and equal education for all. Aluta Continua

2015-11-17 16:39

Brian Isaacs is a true educationist. His commitment is truly inspirational. The WCED is more concerned about preserving the status quo than transforming education for the poor.

2015-11-17 19:56

I know Brain Isaacs well. He is committed to sound educational principles and was a lone voice opposing the institution of the OBE system, which effectively not purely bureaucratized the country's pubic education, but sought to create a new generation of uncritical, naive young thinkers. His school, furthermore is a consistently top achiever both in the province and the country.

2015-11-18 05:11

This Giant of a man is showing true courage to stand up against this dishonest and corrupt educational system in our country.

2015-11-18 07:11

Mr brian isaacs is a man of integrity and wont be manipulated by a system that suits the ruling party of the western cape,nor is he a "Puppet on a string"

2015-11-18 07:19

As a father of two school going boys at "SP" it is in my opinion just about the only Government school in the Western Cape where discipline is still maintained and enforced on learners.Thanks to the leadership and staff at SP high school.

2015-11-18 08:34

I attended South Peninsula High. I am proud of Mr Isaacs. And proud of what SP still stands for.

2015-11-19 04:08

This Giant of a man is showing true courage to stand up against this dishonest and corrupt educational system in our country.

2015-11-19 06:10

Simply because,this is supposed to be a democratic country,where the right to freedom of speech,etc..is SUPPOSED to excercised,by all,yet...here is an Educator being hounded......continuously.....for what crazy reason! The country is running perilously short of men and women who are CALLED to teach,who are passionate of what they do,for young people....who DON'T see teaching as a JOB...they put unholy hours into this calling,to see young people rise above themselves,become someone,...something....the world out there,is sorely in need of men and women of his calibre....or am I barking up the wrong tree.....
Ursie

#16 Re:

2015-11-19 07:34

#1: -  

If a man has been the head of a school for 30 years, there cannot be much you can fault him with. Besides, a person who is as humble as Brian Isaacs means that he is unconceited yet dedicated to the upliftment of the community he seeks to serve.  I have seen him with the students where the relationship is comfortable and pleasant.  The fact that the school consistantly obtains 100% pass rate  every year, means that the students are co-operating with the teachers and do not mind doing extra lessons whenever they are required.It also means that the teachers feel free to use their own initiatives for the common good of the school.  Mr Isaacs uses the Assembly meetings to explain events in the country and the world, to broaden the general knowledge of the students.  After 30 years of e xperience with the community,Mr Isaacs is well known and respected for his approachability.  I HAVE NO HESITATION IN PREVAILING UPON THE WCED  TO REFRAIN FROM HARRASSING MR BRIAN ISAACS IN THE PROSECUTION OF HIS DUTIES AS A HEADMASTER.

2015-11-19 07:53

I believe that educationists should not be persecuted for doing their job.Hands off Principal B.B. Isaacs !! Provide full support instead!

2015-11-19 15:13

Because there are principals that should be disciplined and are not.Mr Isaacs has stood up and fought the apartheid government now he is fighting a corrupt department of education. KEEP up the fight Mr Isaacs God is alive and watching Justice will triumph in the end.The corruption must stop now.

2015-11-19 17:56

This man should have been minister of education

2015-11-20 09:02

To support the man who played a big part in my life gearing up to an adult

2015-11-24 15:26

Brian Isaacs is worthy of the support he gets from those like-minded persons who are willing to sign this petition for his unending fight against those who sole purpose it is to debase the education of our future leaders.

2015-12-03 08:28

Mr Isaacs has shown by his many decades of teaching in the schools of the oppressed his unwavering committment to education. Every freedom-loving parent would acknowledge without fear or favour that Mr Isaacs is a true champion of the provision of free, compulsory and quality education for all the youth of South Africa.

2016-01-06 06:33

In support of a leader who drives quality education maintaining the legacy of excellence at SPH

#24 Re:

2016-02-03 07:42

#1: -  

MikeW

#25 Re: Re:

2016-02-10 06:27

#24: - Re:  

The recent report(Argus dd Tuesday 09 February 2016) of the WCED persecution of Mr Isaacs has once again highlighted the insecurity of the ruling class and their agencies.

Mr Isaacs has been a beacon of sanity in this turbulent sea called "EDUCATION"! He has always had a no-nonsense approach to teaching, nay educating, compared to what is the expected norm!

With the assistance of a dedicated teacher core, Mr Isaacs has led the way in producing young men and women who have done South Peninsula High proud and who will one day lead a non-racial, democratic South Africa into international greatness!

The consistent and excellent results achieved at South Peninsula High over the years speak volumes of a team steeped in the tradition of "LET US LIVE FOR OUR CHILDREN"

Hands off our EDUCATORS! Hands off BRIAN ISAACS!