SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK.

2016-02-09 21:44

Equestrian activities are extremely enriching for the community. They get kids out of the house doing something challenging and productive and they create jobs.

2016-02-09 21:44

Utah does not have enough facilities like this one. This facility can be utilized by many equine sporting groups both public and private. The management and marketing of this facility is where the problem exists. Don't take away one of the few facilities that allow equine sports. We have enough golf courses, soccer fields and other recreational avenues in Utah. We have very few equine areas because of development and greed.

2016-02-09 21:54

We do NOT need more golf courses or soccer fields. Equestrians are being pushed out everywhere and it needs to stop, especially at our beloved equestrian center. If it gets new managment that is horse savvy and fixes up some stuff then the park WILL make profit!

2016-02-09 21:56

Because the SLCEP is a true necessity in our area. The availability of accessible places for horses are quickly declining. We DO NOT need another golf course or field to play soccer in, we need someplace that our children can experience and share the soul of a horse!
Jen

2016-02-09 22:18

A strong community isn't created by only supporting activities that cover their own costs, it's supporting the Big picture of recreation and arts and community socialization. If We lose this beautiful equestrian facility, and all the opportunities it has created to come together, another one won't be around the bend. I'm not a 'horse person' per se, although I enjoy seeing the beauty of these events and the park itself as I drive by, and have never been involved in those events, but I have enjoyed 20 years of events, fairs, concerts, rodeos, etc. at this facility, and the incredible sense of pride and community involvement that is experienced. Let's look at the big picture please.

Sheri Young

#6 Not Valid!

2016-02-09 22:28

As the author of this petition - I'd like it removed from the site immediately. It's invalid and won't be considered. Original signatures and documents are required. Sincerely, Sheri Young

2016-02-09 23:00

Equestrians come from all over the country to participate in events held here at this facility. It is my hopes this facility remains open for Equestrians in all fields of events. Closing this facility would have a huge negative impact on the horse industry, not only for the city and county but on a state level as well. The idea to turn this property into parking lots or a golf course would be a waste of what is all ready built here. Perhaps, instead what could be considered is adding more events, maintaining and refurbishing the grounds & buildings and opening a venue for larger state competitions, encouraging both in state and out of state competitors to come to this city. Adding Rv pads with electric and water hook-ups for over nighter's passing through and those staying all week or weekends for competitions would add revenue to help keep this Equestrian park open and operational, not to mention it would help grow the local economy. People have to eat and they love to shop. People traveling through with horses often need some place to rest over night and some place for their horses to get off the trailer and rest also. Please consider adding to this park as an Equestrian facility, rather than tearing it down for another golf course or parking lot. Thank you for your consideration.

#8 KEEP THIS FACILITY OPEN

2016-02-09 23:23

IF THIS FACILITY is considered for closing. Then ALL TAX PAID facilities should also be closed.   Which means all ball diamonds, all public swimming pools, all public parks because they need lights, they need water to keep them green,  they need snowplows and salt and sand to keep parking lots clean. They need law mowers to mow the grass. IF YOU WANT TO SPLIT HAIRS on HOW MUCH THINGS COST TO RUN!

2016-02-09 23:23

It would be sad to lose this equestrian facility!
poshpony

2016-02-09 23:35

There are enough golf courses. We need more equestrian facilities, trails, parks, etc.

2016-02-09 23:54

My 4-H youth use the center.

2016-02-10 00:00

Every spring the dog fancy hold a huge dog show at this facility. A very large percentage of the exhibitors come from out of the area, out of state. This brings added revenue to the area hotel/motels, restaurants, grocery stores, service stations and other area businesses. All this revenue would be lost to the area.

The dog fancy pays rental to use the equestrian center, as well as being restricted to using their assigned food vendors, more money into their pocket. Losing this facility would be a major loss to the area.

2016-02-10 00:21

I participated in the 4H horse program for 10 years and basically grew up at the equestrian center. I grew and learned so much and loved spending my time there. Losing it would be such a shame. Invest and make it better for generations to come to enjoy!!

2016-02-10 00:49

I signed this bc i love ridding at thw equestrion center

2016-02-10 01:45

We are horse people and our city needs this place for racing competition and a place for our young people too enjoy and compete in barrel racing, rodeos and special events.

2016-02-10 01:53

While I live about 90 min. from the park I come down many times a year to take part in activities held there. From horse shows, dog shows and the Horse Expo - this venue mean Too Much to the community to let it become a development. PLEASE keep the Equestrian Park!

2016-02-10 02:07

To help ensure this great multipurpose equestrian center is kept and improvements are made. To also prevent special interests and politics take hold of it for personal gain. To get the public to realize that the management group has erroneously represented how much overall revenue this facility actually generates. They put forth what arena fees produced and failed to include how much money was spread over the County in purchases at retail stores, veterinary services, food and meals, fuel and automotive service purchases and lodging at motels and RV locations.

2016-02-10 02:17

This facility could be a goldmine for the city if it were properly managed. While it is currently a nice facility, a few small improvements, proper management by a knowledgeable horse person, and some marketing could easily double the income. Having RV hookups would greatly increase event numbers, but also could be utilized year round for tourists, or travelers passing through.

2016-02-10 02:41

Because it is part of the community that I love and can help keep children doing safer activities than many alternatives (such as drugs and alcohol).

2016-02-10 02:55

Zone 2/Utah Paint-O-Rama On Track to Defend #1 Spot as Largest APHA Show. - The the South Jordan Equestrian Center has hosted the two (2) largest American Paint Horse Shows in the nation for the last six (6) years or more. They missed one year due to an equine horse virus outbreak, but have been at the top for as many as 8 or 9 years. The show was moved from Reno, Nevada in 2004 (?) and has been in South Jordan every since with great success, mainly due to both show management and the South Jordan facility. Roy Bock - Fallon, Nevada

2016-02-10 03:46

Because I am a passionate horse lover and horseback riding instructor and I truly believe that facilities like this need to remain open. To increase revenue, could you consider offering more horse shows, rodeos, therapeutic horseback riding, birthday parties, and clinics??

2016-02-10 03:52

This is an awesome facility and it should be improved if necessary to be the best it can be. RV spots...that's a no brainer. The facility needs more.

2016-02-10 04:22

I show my horse at the south jordan equestrian center and love it its the way i relax after a stressful day- I compete! My whole team of more than 20 people show there and turning it into soccor fields or something else would make a lot of people sad. There are a lot of other places to play soccor hut not a lot of places to do a horse show.

2016-02-10 04:26

Because it should not always be about money. The horse industry is a large tax contributor and provides many jobs such as farmers for hay, shoers, vets and the producers of saddles and tack. When I come to the facility, I have to fuel up before I go home, I eat at a local restaurant and I stay at a local hotel. Therefore my money goes to more than just the facility. make it work!!

2016-02-10 04:56

This is a wonderful facility that my extended family has enjoyed for years. Please let's keep Utah a horse friendly state. This facility is one if a kind and is enjoyed by several disciplines of equine activity