We need meteorologist Jim Burton back!!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition We need meteorologist Jim Burton back!!.

2016-02-23 03:50

Because we need AND want Jim Burton back! If WJAC didn't have a problem with his services for the past 18 years, I doubt they found out anything of importance to let him go. He was dedicated & devoted to the community- above & beyond any Meteorologist expectations! And he got a crappy thanks for it! After all the drama with Jay Patrick, and the weatherman before HIM who they ended up having to fire because he didn't even have a degree in Meteorology (even though he gave more accurate weather reports than anyone else go figure lol) one would think they'd know a real gem when they finally found one!!
SheB

#202 Re:

2016-02-23 03:53

#10: -  interesting, that's the first I've heard that. You'd think that would have made news somewhere lol that's no reason to fire someone, there's always a bunch of drunks up there. I wonder if he was there working, or just there? If he clobbered someone, they probably deserved it!!

SheB

#203 Re:

2016-02-23 03:59

#28: -  

If that were the case, Marty would be gone because he's been working for WJAC since I was born & I'm forty lol we really need Jim back!

SheB

#204 Re:

2016-02-23 04:06

#87: -  

I'm just curious where you heard this at? WJAC never announced that, and in the statement Jims fiancee released she didn't say that. Curious where a comment about Lindsey's cleavage came from? This is the third reason I heard ha ha I heard he swore on open Mike & didn't know, i heard he got in an altercation in Punxutawney. Now this, wonder which story is true!

2016-02-23 06:41

This man gave his life to this Place. It's a shame what these companies do to loyal, hard working people.

2016-02-23 14:12

Jim is accurate very personable interacts with the community comes to groundhog day and enjoys himself and the local community in a positive light unlike other meteorologists who feel the need to be sarcastic .Please bring our Icon back.

#207 Bring Jim Back

2016-02-23 14:50

will not watch until he's back.  Your ratings are slipping.  Everyone watch channel 10 instead!

2016-02-23 17:53

he was more than jist a weather man GET RIT OF MARTY HE DEAD MEAT

2016-02-24 00:27

Jim Burton not only gave us our daily glimpse at the weather he shared a piece of himselve daily with his viewing audience. He has not only become our trusted meteorologist he became our friend we looked forward to sharing our day with. Bring Jim back.
SheB

#210 Re:

2016-02-24 03:23

#70: -  

I thought Tim Rigby was gone for awhile because he was fighting cancer? But at least they had told us- or he did. Marty got cancer later too but he was never missing that I'm aware of. It all sucks now that Burton's gone. I quit watching that channel now.

2016-02-24 11:07

We love Jim in our household!

2016-02-24 17:33

loved him-very personable-very involved in activities just a grrrrreat person!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-02-25 06:15

He was a really great meteorologist and great personality

2016-02-25 15:46

because our family enjoyed Jim as a Meteorologist and we thought
he was down to earth

2016-02-25 16:55

I've heard "rumors" as to why Jim was left go...none of which discredit his ability to tell the weather. Bring Jim back!! (and if the Duggars are coming back to TV after all they do, so can Jim)

2016-02-25 17:38

he is the best weatheman for our area.
Big Jim fan

2016-02-26 05:11

I like many have no idea why the LEGEND "Jim Burton" was let go...

Inappropriate comment towards Lindsey as stated by a few.... ok deemed to be sexual harassment.  Give him an opportunity to apologise on air...or are you afraid of the possible exposure to litigation?

Did Lindsey make a complaint?  Whist sexual harassment should never be tolerated - you are constantly promoting the network news team as a big happy family who have been together for years.

His knowledge, experience, expertise, professional skill as a meteorologist, his persona, and ability to not only forecast the weather, but to report it light heartedly when required, but also with sincerity and empathy when warranted, surely deserves some reduction in penalty....  put him on probation....   final warning.....  or at the very least be a professional organisation and media giant you claim to be, and announce that WJAC and Jim Burton have parted paths.  Clearly won't say why as fearing sexual harassment suit from Lindsey Ward or defamation from Jim Burton.

Or was it the fact his contract was up for renewal, and Sinclair simply didn't want to pay him what he deserves and this is a simple cop out, or means to an end for Sinclair Broadcasting?  Did he disagree withe the new look weather graphics, and presentation?

Your 'replacements' that have stepped in the last two Sunday evenings...Feb 21 - couldn't look into the camera whilst doing the weather report.   Couldn't look at other journalists sitting at the news desk at the end of the 6pm news - when asked questions by them about the upcoming weather...simply looked down, like a child being chastised by its' parents.

11pm news the previous Sunday evening, your graphics team showed the female whether reporter was Josh Fosbrink...

Josh is punching well above his weight - tries far to hard to be funny, not personable!  Complete opposite not Big Jim BURTON

Tony Martin, little more personable, but hardly a shadow of Jim, and not able to fill his shoes!

You have Jen Johnson and Marty who stumble through the broadcast scripts nightly, god help them if anything goes slight wrong due to a technical issue - result, two deer in the headlights of a tractor trailer...watch them blunder their way through it.

Tim Rigby, who was let go by WJAC some years back after recovering from cancer, comes back to replace Jim Brown, who retired.   Does SINCLAIR or the local management have some control over the local reverse mortgage company?  l ask this as Tim left his job with the Mortgage company to replace Jim BROWN....and Jim BROWN joins the same Mortgage Company and replaces Tim Rigby...that is right, they replaced one another.   Did Jim Brown actually retire, or was he pushed to retire under fear of being sacked....  The mortgage Company must be like the big farm our parents used to take the (no longer wanted) family pet to see out their years.

Please bring back Jim Burton.  If not hope he gets a better job, with one of your rating competitors, and takes your viewers with them.  For your sake, hope you had a no compete clause in his contract!

2016-02-26 12:29

My family and I were devastated to learn that our favorite meteorologist Jim Burton was let go by WJAC/Cox. Jim has a gift in that he can connect with diverse audiences. My children loved that he came to their school as well. Bring Jim back!

2016-02-27 04:21

I miss Jim's. forecast Skills and personialty. We deserve a reason for his not being on air!

2016-02-27 23:47

Jim has always performed a 1st rate job and don't know why he was let go especially without any comment from WJAC. I suspect there is a gag order by WJAC as condition for any severance pay offered so Jim is unable to comment himself. Hopefully, this petition has a positive influence for Jim's return.

2016-02-28 16:52

I like Jim Burton. He's a great metorolgist.

2016-02-28 18:44

Bring back Jim! Best weatherman on tv. Will be switching stations if this is fact.
Reliable sources

2016-02-28 19:21

PEOPLE ARE FIRED FOR A REASON !

2016-02-28 19:32

He was a great member of the 6 team

2016-02-28 20:32

Jim was awesome! I like listening to him. The new woman is weird; Fosbrink is next after her. Keep Tony and Jim!!! They're the best!!