Motion of No Confidence in UFS SRC President Lindokuhle Ntuli 2

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Motion of No Confidence in UFS SRC President Lindokuhle Ntuli 2.

2016-02-26 09:25

I signed this petition because I was never asked about my I interest.. I can confirm that President Lindokuhle does not have my support on making these decisions on behalf of the students. I do not support any of his point.

2016-02-26 09:38

We need a leader not a greedy morale pauper that lives for division

2016-02-26 09:40

On Monday 22 February 2016 a group of staff members protested because of their working circumstances. The SRC President decided to let a group of students protest on various busy spots on campus. There was NO reason whatsoever for any student to get involved in what was the staff's problems. The president should have applied himself to his own business because even though it might not have started out as a racial or political protest, it surely ended up opening old wounds at this university as one could have predicted. Moreover, the SRC President, who led the student protest did not see to it that violence would not be used - look at the amount and degree of violence that ended up emerging from the situation. Furthermore he stood and looked upon irresponsible students vandalising university property - hostels in which students regardless of race should live in while studying; class rooms where students should get taught to the best of their ability; grounds which students should should move on and be proud of. The physical damage will need to be fixed. Will he be funding the repair of the grounds, hostels and classrooms? No he will not, but it will be funded by means of the tuition fees of hardworking, willing students. When taking into consideration the amount of physical, emotional, psychological and politial damage done in this past week under leaership of the SRC President, I do not think he is capable or deserving of the position in which he is in. And the people that decided to join in on his whims should also b punished, for they are clearly not here to study and mind their own business but to practice destructive politics.

2016-02-26 09:43

I think we need a leader who takes everyone into consideration and see both sides of a story.

2016-02-26 09:50

I feel that my life as a white student is in danger with a person like him in charge.

2016-02-26 09:54

I signed this petition because as a first year at University I expected to have a good leader and this SRC President is not showing good leadership by leading this protest.I do not have tolerance for racism and for me as a coloured student I don't know where I stand in this situation going on on campus and i feel very unsafe

2016-02-26 10:04

Because the SRC should be:
1. Unbiased
2. Helping to protect our students, not throwing petrol on the fire and encouraging them to fight and destroy
3. Hopefully the next election will have better criteria of who should be a leader...

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2016-02-26 10:25

2016-02-26 10:35

Lindokuhle promotes violence and does not represent all students on ufs campus.

2016-02-26 10:52

Mr Ntuli does not represent me as I stand for positive transformation. No progress will be made through chaos and destruction. It only fuels more racial tension through fear.

2016-02-26 11:30

We need a leader with neutral feelings about culture and Race!!

2016-02-26 12:15

Hy moet waai.. Dis hy wat alles begin het en almal opsweep

2016-02-26 14:28

He is advocating racism and is not conducive to the resolution of the current issues we face at tertiary institutions.

2016-02-26 20:09

Our country bleeds... she cries out for leadership that will build and not break down. She pleads for love and not hatred.

Lord, wrap Your arms around our country.

2016-02-26 21:29

You apply to a tertiary institution aware of what the policies are! Why come to ufs if you were not happy with the way it operates? There is a reason why our medical and law faculties are rated amongst only the best! Our rector is one of the many people who sacrificed so that our varsity could thrive academically..

2016-02-26 21:51

He is leading the students into war

2016-02-27 00:40

Reading students comments on social media stating Prof Jansen is not approachable is stripped of all truth. As a student I have received numerous invitations to meet with him, as have all those who state they did not. How many such invitations have I ever received from the SRC leader who was voted in to represent me as a student? I feel strongly that he has been misinterpreting his role as Student leader by being a political puppet. It is the empty vessels that make the most noise. In times like these we as students need a "vessels" filled with integrity, a person that values education and time on task for all students regardless of their colour, language or religion. It is with this in mind that I feel that my current SRC leader lacks the discernment to lead. We deserve better.

Anonymous

2016-02-27 11:44

In my opinion Lindokuhle Ntuli violated the code of conduct of the University as well as the Faculty of Law Code of Ethics.

UFS Faculty of Law Code of Ethics

I pledge loyalty to the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa and undertake to respect its laws and to maintain and develop its legal system.

I shall observe all the rules and regulations of the University of the Free State and the Faculty of Law.

I shall maintain high moral and ethical standards.

I shall strive towards ensuring that my actions are always in the interest of the public and directed towards improving the good name of the University and the Faculty.

I shall uphold the dignity, traditions and culture of the legal profession.

My behaviour shall be such that at all times I may be regarded as a person fit and suitable to be admitted as a legal practitioner.

As a prospective jurist, I shall display impeccable honesty at all times.

I shall maintain a high standard of integrity.

I shall act objectively, fairly, and without bias.

I shall employ my working potential to the full.

I bind myself to the code of conduct of the University and the Faculty, and to any disciplinary measures should I fail to comply with my commitment to this code.

If a student fails to comply with the abovementioned code, this might result in suspension of all legal studies at the University of the Free State and/or in that a certificate of good conduct, required for admission to all legal professions, be refused.
#LindoMustFall

2016-02-27 13:09

Lindokuhle Ntuli is being used for political motives much bigger than campus, and in the process causing polarization and unnccesary tension. 

If he is truly worried about some legitimate concerns, his energy should have been focussed on finding positive solutions and encouraging progress in non violent ways that takes most of the student body with him on the journey. 

His actions and "leadership" has caused students being used by the leaders of the protest to get hurt, arrested and unneccesary costs will now cause more financial strain on the University and result in even worse conditions for poor students. 

Lindokuhle has also failed to acknowledge the real cause of many of the problems on campus, namely, DHET and Blade Nzimande. Instead he has confined his angerbto the university and its students. Probably he doesnt want to jeopordise his chances to a career in maladministration and misgovernance

2016-02-27 18:08

Cause SRC President is making a mess!

2016-02-28 06:34

I think we need a better leader who will not be the cause for violence and racism. He needs to treat everyone equal.

2016-02-28 13:21

To make the UFS a non political place of study... and let the future be bright for the next generation

2016-02-28 13:27

This Lindakuhle fool is stlll fighting a liberation struggle. No place for destructive behavior , we are well past that.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2016-02-28 17:48

2016-02-29 14:52

If you want to be a leader you should be able to want everyone to work together, not make racist remarks and plans! He cannot even see the wrong in any of the situations that happened and the remarks he made!