Stop the Bengeo Quarry

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Stop the Bengeo Quarry.

2016-04-06 21:05

Quarry will be too close to a school

2016-04-07 05:21

Because the quarry will be devastating to local wildlife, countryside walks, air pollution and general eye sore.

2016-04-07 05:37

Shocking! How can they even think that one of the most sought after areas in Hertford/Hertforshire could be suitable for a quarry?

Anonymous

2016-04-07 05:41

This is the propsed site of the Quarry - right next to a primary school. We must oppose it!

2016-04-07 05:43

To maintain our current beautiful Hertford as it is

2016-04-07 05:59

Disgusting that they are considering this quarry location so close to a primary school.

2016-04-07 06:04

A beautiful area, wildlife, so close to a primary school and lots of residents surrounding the area... How can they even think of having a quarry here?!?! This cannot go ahead!

2016-04-07 06:30

A quarry next to a primary school! Really?!?!

2016-04-07 06:31

I live close to the proposed site. It's far too close to Bengeo Primary Shool and worry about the health impacts on my young family growing up with that on their doorstep. Wadesmill Road is not designed to accommodate 50 Lorrys a day for 15 years plus they'll no doubt be dropping stones all over the road which could be hazardous to cyclists and other drivers. I'm very unhappy about these proposals and think it'll have a very negative impact on out beautiful area.

#10 We will lose this lovely countryside walk that so many local families enjoy.

2016-04-07 06:39

So many cyclists, families, dog walkers and ramblers enjoy this stunning green belt land. 

2016-04-07 06:45

We can't let Bengeo quarry go ahead! We live within view of this and it will have a huge negative impact on us and our two very young children! I worry about the pollution, noise, smell, mess, and the amout of large lorries that will be up and down our road, which possibley could leave damage to our cars with more stones/gravel traveling up and down.
We moved to Bengeo as we wanted to enjoy the beautiful views and countryside around us. I am so upset by this proposal and I havnt been able to sleep since hearing about this! Please don't this go ahead!

Anonymous

#12 Bengeo primary school

2016-04-07 06:45

This map provided as part of the company's application document fails to include the fact that the extraction/quarry will be on the doorstep of Bengeo primary school which has around 500 pupils age between 2-11 including the playgroup - all at a vulnerable age of growing and developing . A shame that Bengeo Primary is not on the map?  We believe the council has a statutory duty to provide a safe environment for all it's residents, big and small!!

2016-04-07 06:54

I feel that re opening the quarry right next to a school is unacceptable. The threat of dust consistently blowing over the school will threaten the children's health which at a young age simple cannot happen. If we factor in the 100 lorries that will be passing the school daily its only a matter of time before a child is hurt. Which again is a serious reason for this not going ahead.

2016-04-07 07:26

I am extremely concerned at the effect this proposal will have on the local community, particularly the carcinogenic dust particles caused by the extraction so close to Bengeo School.  House prices in Bengeo are also likely to be affected; are they proposing to subsidise that?

#15 Air quality and carcinogen risk

2016-04-07 07:37

Unless it can be proven that air quality will NOT suffer and that the dust would NOT have a carcinogenic affect (and research suggests it definitely does), I cannot believe this is even being proposed.

Why on earth would HCC allow its residents' and school children's health to be put at risk? I am ashamed of my council!

2016-04-07 07:41

Beautiful land close to homes and a school.

2016-04-07 07:42

This should not happen due to the dust, pollution and bad smell which will come from the site especially with the local primary school right next to it. Also how can the small single roads cope up to 75-100 lorries a day? There will be shingle, stones and clumps of clay on the road which will cause damage to cars. As well as the local environment This can not happen!!!!!

2016-04-07 07:50

For the stated reasons.

2016-04-07 08:07

The lorries- 100 a day, down inadequate roads, the dust over my children's school, the noise pollution, the loss of a fabulous walking area where we've spotted so many amazing birds, the damage to the areas tourist industry which has recently been promoted as an area of beauty .....

2016-04-07 08:31

It's a crazy plan to destroy the countryside, add to.road congestion, endanger our children's health etc

2016-04-07 08:33

Thank you for forming this petition .
We must stop the proposed Gravel Extraction in Bengeo.
Only together can we stand against the corporate pressure on our Council..
There has not been due consideration given to the Health and Safety of children from the local school or local residents who wil be in close proximity.
Property values will drop and

2016-04-07 08:49

I live on the Wadesmill road and my children's garden backs onto this road, where the lorries will be going up and down 6 days a week!!!,and the dirt and noise and danger from the lorries will ruin possibly our young children's health and quality of using out outside space! Also the lovely walks we take them on will be taken away and also my children go the primary school where the quarry wants to open. How can this happen when the lives of young children could be harmed by all the dust and dirt and noise by the lorries and the quarry itself!! Its a green belt area and I can't believe this has even been considered! Its a beautiful part of Hertfordshire and it will be totally ruined if this is allowed! It's in the middle if a residential estate! Please don't let this happen.

2016-04-07 08:58

Greatly concerned for the quarry's proximity to the primary school, for the pollution into the air, the mess it will cause on Wadesmill Road, the increased traffic created by the lorries that Wadesmill Road cannot withstand & the noise, to name just a few objections.

2016-04-07 08:59

Permanent damage to local countryside and wildlife. The former quarries in the area are still scars on the landscape, do not damage the rest of the valley by adding more.
Major danger caused by heavy goods traffic near Bengeo Primary, a major school. Much increased heavy congestion in an already heavily congested area (A602 etc...)

2016-04-07 09:30

Because it's going to affect where I live and my child's health could be at risk.