City of Cape Town, fix the Strandfontein Pavilion

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition City of Cape Town, fix the Strandfontein Pavilion.

2016-09-13 14:10

I visited Standfontein beach after 20years and was shocked at the broken roads and no upkeep.

2016-09-13 14:31

Because we pay rates yet nothing seems to get upgraded and preventive maintenance doesn't seem to take place.

The Pavilion and Tidal pool was slightly ruined by the filming of and the extreme amount of money (something like a rate of R17500 per day) that was paid we were informed that a portion of that money would be used to fix and paint the Pavilion and that the tidal pool would be returned to the original state. None of this ever took place

2016-09-13 15:01

If this particular area in question is not addressed before the next National elections DA won't get my vote again

2016-09-13 15:07

Upliftment of Strandfontein Pavillion .

2016-09-13 15:40

We are all tax payers of this country. Why should only certain areas benefit from it. This is one of the beaches close to us know we can't make use of it so unfair. Come on Cape Town lets stand together and Let the City work for us, this is their motto

2016-09-13 15:55

Our family and neigbours are suffering the death of love one's due to insuffient bathing area's and the safety of Anglers are highly at risk.

2016-09-13 15:58

I have been fishing broken strandfontein for 28 years mainly because it's sage at night for the fishermen and over the years nothing has been done to including the pavillion. If money can be spent by the millions somewhere else like strand which is being upgraded at the moment why not strandfontein Macassar and Monwabisi. The slogan THIS CITY WORKS FOR YOU of City of Cape need to be applied on this side of Falsebay as well

2016-09-13 18:53

Why are there no decent shopping centres..civic centre..cycle tracks..camping sites in total ruin...this city always has and always will work for the rich..oh..and only 1 high school...

2016-09-13 19:17

Beacause the city is dragging its feet on this site.. the excuses are to say the least , piss poor

2016-09-13 20:48

The quality of life comes from the environment a person is expose to . Recreation play a key role in community wellbeing. The goverment must invest in uplifting the Cape Flats . www.thegnt.org

2016-09-14 03:48

It has a historic value to the surrounding areas. It is the only site that many visit on a regular basis. My children enjoy going there as they can enjoy the ocean whilst swimming in a pool environment. It also offers other facilities which open locations do not.
During summer the Pavilion has always been the centre point for quick stops for parents coming home from work and not needing to drive distances to experience the same settings.
The same emphasis must be given tothe Pavilion as the City would do with any other location. Upgrades are extremely long overdue.

2016-09-14 06:00

They can't say they don't have money we pay fishing and bait permit every year what happens to all that monies. And there are a lot of anglers.

2016-09-14 06:24

I fish quite often at strandfontein and the road is no longer usable as well as its become so dangerous to go on your own.

2016-09-14 11:50

Im a resident of Bayview in Strandfontein, I feel and promises were made by various ward councillors in the past. Im a very keen fisherman and access to "broken road has been denied to fishermen. My daughter is a lifesaver for the strandfontein club and numerous promises were made for the upgrading of the area. I thinks its
about time that this issues need to be addressed by our leaders of the Western Cape.

2016-09-14 16:06

I want my kids to enjoy the benefit of our area. We are rate and tax payers and we DESERVE our area to be treated, looked after and kept upgraded just as areas like Constantia, Tokai and all those upper class areas are.

2016-09-14 16:50

I want our spend summer days at our beaches. I.e., Strandfontein Pavillion and surrounds, but the condition it is in at the moment does not allow tha

2016-09-14 17:01

I live in Strandfontein, yet have to travel many miles to relax in comfortable surroundings. My children are unable to enjoy their neighborhood due to a lack of amenities. Thus small businesses in Strandfontein cannot grow as revenue is spent elsewhere.

2016-09-14 17:19

I often use this area to fish.

2016-09-15 10:38

I'm sick and tired of the neglect clearly visible to a majority

2016-09-15 11:51

Almost nothing is done on this side for our local people, why do we have to travel out of our areas to get to a decent beach? Why can we not have something here to attract tourists and generate income while creating jobs? It is really sad to see what that whole area looks like.

2016-09-15 18:09

SiMPLE..If the city cn spent millions to upgrade seapoint in wink of an eye that didn't need that much of an up grade they cn utilized money to upgrade strandfontein which an upgrade is long over due...or are they the only tax payers in this city....

2016-09-15 18:34

Because we need a decent beach and pools in our area ...why must we drive so far when we have a beach right on our doorstep that needs a little fizing

2016-09-15 19:00

It was my favourite braai spot during eighties and nineties

2016-09-15 21:07

I signed the petition for the upgrade of Strandfontein Pavillion, the broken road and the tidal pool is in a disgusting state. You wouldn't find Camps Bay beaches looking this pathetic. Is it neglected because only ppl of color frequent this particular beach?

2016-09-16 12:30

We are rate and tax payers yet our kids have no decent parks to play in, our beaches arent maintained.  The only thing the city is good at is throwing homeless people on our door steps!!!!!!